Sign in to follow this  
pleasantfiction

Taiji Transmissions seminar with Sifu Adam Mizner

Taiji Transmissions Seminar

with Sifu Adam Mizner

hme-seminar-r.jpg

Coming up in Australia in April and May is another catalyzing taiji seminar from Sifu Adam Mizner, founder of Heaven Man Earth Taiji International. Please feel free to peruse our videos, articles, and online contacts at www.heavenmanearth.com

Characterized by unique lucidity and irrefutable power, this seminar tour dispels common and long standing delusions about various facets of taiji practice, and provides in their stead a solid and intricate framework of understanding and application in such areas as loosening, form, push-hands, fajing and combat applications.

An absolute must for both the serious practitioner looking to touch real taiji, as well as the curious novitiate in search of a tangible example, this Taiji Transmissions seminar will be conducted in limited numbers to assure personal access to the essence of our art.

As a special promotion for instructors, anyone who brings three or more of their students will be given free admission for the duration of the seminar. Admission is $200 per person for two full days of pivotal taiji insight.

Arrangements can be made for the following dates and locations at the respective contact numbers:

Gold Coast: April 4-5

041 564 0989

Melbourne: April 25-26

040 636 7321

Perth: May 2-3

042 203 6211

Thank you

Edited by pleasantfiction

Thanks for the info.

Any idea what time the seminars usually start and finish? I'm working out if I can arrive on the Saturday morning and fly out Sunday night.

(The gold cost contact is on a meditation retreat till the 5/2 :) )

hi Mal

Nick is back

seminars start at 9.00 am and finish around 4.00

metta

adam

Thanks for the info.

Any idea what time the seminars usually start and finish? I'm working out if I can arrive on the Saturday morning and fly out Sunday night.

(The gold cost contact is on a meditation retreat till the 5/2 :) )

Thanks Adam, I could fly in sat morning @8. I think the air train & taxi will get me to the cost about 9, could be a touch late. And fly out 7pm sunday.

So thats $278 flights, seminar $200, accommodation ~$100 spending money/transport/food ~$200. I can be a bit shy after a day of meeting new people so I would probably like a room to collapse in by myself :)

Not too expensive, I'll just have to run it past the boss :D Have a tax bill we need to pay :(

ok Mal

hope to see you there.

call sifu Nick to talk about any details, his contacts are on the website.

metta Adam

Thanks Adam, I could fly in sat morning @8. I think the air train & taxi will get me to the cost about 9, could be a touch late. And fly out 7pm sunday.

So thats $278 flights, seminar $200, accommodation ~$100 spending money/transport/food ~$200. I can be a bit shy after a day of meeting new people so I would probably like a room to collapse in by myself :)

Not too expensive, I'll just have to run it past the boss :D Have a tax bill we need to pay :(

Mal their are always later dates... maybe less stressful and hopefully you get more time to plan.

Melbourne: April 25-26

042 203 6211

Perth: May 2-3

041 564 0989

[/size]

Perhaps....

but Adam can offer me something of value that I think is worth organising a $600+ trip for :) The $200 weekend seminar is the cheap part.

The only worry is a lot of his students are ex-Tong Long :D Tai Chi was always my 1st love till I met my Sifu and found out how interesting Tong Long is.

Mal,

If you have the chance to learn real Taijiquan go to Beijing. Apparently the highest level master in China is this guy:

1233552155077127100.jpg

1233552194097415800.jpg

I don't know his name though.

Cheers.

This is Chen Zhenglei one of the 4 Great Jingangs.

The 4 diamonds, the 4 tigers, the 4 Buddha's warrior attendants:

Chen Xiaowang, Chen Zhenglei, Wang Xi'an and Zhu Tiancai.

Hi all, on a teachers in aus side note Chen Xiaowang actually lives in Sydney, i think he migrated there in the nineties, i dont think he teaches there really though, as he is generally travelling the world teaching Chen style Tai Chi, i think his wife and son sometimes teach in Sydney though.

Okie doke.

Hey guys. I posted this up in the hopes that we could discuss the contents of the seminar as a means of resolving seminar-related questions (that can be resolved on a forum) so as to afford more time at the seminar for just absorbing whatever attendees might find useful, and while I'm not outwardly opposed to spawning a discussion of other masters who have great reputations, I'd greatly appreciate it if you be so courteous as to keep the thread relevant to the topic.

Towards that end, I'd be happy to floor questions as a first-hand third party. I have the experience of pushing with and learning from Sifu Mizner and his crew, as well as quite a number of real taiji people around the world; I'm also an extraordinary skeptic, and far too self-involved to flatter anyone, so I'm about as close to an objective opinion as your likely to get at the moment.

That said, I have this to say as my personal reply to the posts on Xu Sifu and Chen Sifu:

(keep in mind, this is my first reaction to watching the vids, and I'm not of a general disposition to offend anyone just because I don't think they're right or because I disagree about some incidental point; comments welcome)

Master Xu Shi Xi:

Boxing skills: didn't see any, so... he might be the best! But I certainly couldn't say for sure.

taiji movement: long on harmony, short on soong economy.

While it's obvious that the crew that made the video was obviously very taken with Master Xu Shi Xi, he seemed off-hand to be just a bit theatrical, and I didn't see any display of conditioning, fajing...

As well, the kind of movement he was doing, while it may develop a sort of internal strength (flexible structure and root), it's not what I'd call martial science. Just personal expression.

Grandmaster Chen Zheng Lei:

Good power, good precision, good penetration. Didn't see much countering, or counter-countering.

Either Sifu Burton is very slow, Chen Sifu is mystically quick, the demo was possibly a bit contrived, or Sifu Burton hasn't been taught how to counter and attack analog to his teacher's movements, which could mean any number of things. Who knows.

I'd also like to point out that it's simply not dialectically sound to purport a practitioner's merit, as by here-say and youtube(?), without some firm sense of justification. It's not so much ethically offensive as just disturbingly disjointed.

That grunted, I can personally attest to the quality of experience in Sifu Mizner's instruction. I've pushed with a lot of people, and seen crowds more that didn't even require a touch, and in my time I've been lucky enough to meet and learn from men of unquestionable ability so rare and beyond convention as to shatter the limits of my faith.

Sifu Mizner tops them. Based on what little I've learned from both personal transmission and media, I don't know of a finer practitioner anywhere in the world. His martial and spiritual skills and ability to teach are, across the board, unlike anything I've heard tell of, let alone experienced; I know of no one with whom I could compare him. What is equally impressive is the quality of his students and peers. His instructors' obvious evolution towards his considerable level of prowess is a result not often seen in the martial/spiritual world.

I'd be happy to answer any civil questions.

Other than that, I can only say come and see for yourself.

Thanks.

That sounds like excellent fun. Looking forward to it.

Edit: Flights booked for the 4th and 5th. I waited too long for Friday ~ Monday to be a cheaper option.

See you (all) there.

hahahaha

my style is better than your style, so there, hahaha. i would be embarrassed by that post if i was you.

metta

adam

And you are telling us that the watered down stuff that has become Tai Chi today is better than the Bagua taught by a Beijing-based master? After three years mucking around with Chen Tai Chi (my teacher was a student of Chen Xiaowangs' wife) and realising that I got no where with it I quickly switched to Bagua and oh boy let me tell you that after only two months I experienced more internal changes than 3 years of Taiji dance.

Bagua's neigong is the real deal. The internal changes you experience in Bagua practice are far beyond what you may experience in Tai Chi.

Just compare the two:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=AU&hl=...feature=channel

Yin Yang tornado power

vs.

Chen Tai Chi.

Bagua teacher He Jinghan from Taiwan told me that he got hurt in one of his knees from doing that sort of stuff.

Martial-wise: Bagua moves around, Taiji doesn't. Stay put in one spot and Bagua attacks will come to you from all directions. You are finished.

I would suggest you writing what you said to one of the students of Xu Shi Xi: Blacktaoist. He always said he is willing to test is Bagua skills against other skilled fighters.

His e-mail address is: [email protected]

I am learning directly from the lineage of Bagua master Li Zi Ming, which means I am not making up any stories.

Thanks.

Discussions aside, all the best with that Seminar. :)

Note: forgot to include last sentence.

durkhrod chogori:

I can understand how you might feel that way about taiji vs. bagua, especially if your taiji practice didn't yeild resluts.

I've practiced Yin bagua with a long-time disciple of Dr. Xie who was very good and very strong, and I heard a lot of the same talk about strategic footwork vs. taiji centrality, as well as "taiji has no real power", but I to disagree.

Much like Aikido, Bagua creates a line to fire into, and compromises its root, by stepping as a matter of course, rather than by obligation to the situation; that's a great strategy against linear externalist and hostile vagrants, but pretty sketchy against people who are unhurtable, immovable and deadly within range.

As well, Bagua moves in circles or squares until it attacks from root with a straight line or a twist. Stepping aside, all the best of bagua is just proper taiji, which is not hard to grasp, considering that on every level bagua is a three-state computation of taiji. Why bagua proponents even try to seperate bagua from taiji, as though it were possible, is beyond me.

I advise checking out the seminar with Sifu Mizner. I am not talking about watered down taiji. I'm talking about taiji that exceeds any previous conception of lthe "long-gone" legendary powers of Yang Cheng Fu and the like. This is taiji of Master Huang in full form.

As for Black Taoist et al, I'll be sure to drop by the next time I'm in New York, but I'm no master. If anything, I'd advise them to visit with the Heaven Man Earth school.

And I'll close with that point: if you want to see some taiji that really warrants the title of "Supreme Ultimate", visit with the HME school, especially if it's to see Sifu Mizner. There's no room for dillusion or doubt; if it doesn't restore your faith in taiji, I'll eat my words with hot sauce.

What with all the unbelievably crap taiji in the world and the subsequent lack of faith, it's impossible to substitute first hand experience. Just go check it out if you can; if you're anything but haunted, inspired, or flabbergasted, I'll be well surprised.

And you are telling us that the watered down stuff that has become Tai Chi today is better than the Bagua taught by a Beijing-based master? After three years mucking around with Chen Tai Chi (my teacher was a student of Chen Xiaowangs' wife) and realising that I got no where with it I quickly switched to Bagua and oh boy let me tell you that after only two months I experienced more internal changes than 3 years of Taiji dance.

Bagua's neigong is the real deal. The internal changes you experience in Bagua practice are far beyond what you may experience in Tai Chi.

Just compare the two:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=AU&hl=...feature=channel

Yin Yang tornado power

vs.

Chen Tai Chi.

Bagua teacher He Jinghan from Taiwan told me that he got hurt in one of his knees from doing that sort of stuff.

Martial-wise: Bagua moves around, Taiji doesn't. Stay put in one spot and Bagua attacks will come to you from all directions. You are finished.

I would suggest you writing what you said to one of the students of Xu Shi Xi: Blacktaoist. He always said he is willing to test is Bagua skills against other skilled fighters.

His e-mail address is: [email protected]

I am learning directly from the lineage of Bagua master Li Zi Ming, which means I am not making up any stories.

Thanks.

Discussions aside, all the best with that Seminar. :)

Note: forgot to include last sentence.

Mal:

I think Sifu Mizner covered your questions pretty well, but I'll add this from my personal experience:

- You'll receive principles that will inform every other aspect of practice, and as long as you're not dull, it's all surprisingly easy, if counter-intuitive, to understand, such that you'll keep it for life.

- Keep you're teeth together when touching with these people. If you're looking to get handled like a little kid, you won't be disappointed.

- More than anything, you'll get a redefinition of taiji power which will make it much easier to be more discerning with your training.

Thank you all.

Keep you're teeth together when touching with these people.

That what I like to hear, learnt that one the hard way (fortunatly didn't break anything) :D

Not that I'm a masochistic, but you know what it's like when martial artists get together, we like to try stuff out.

I'm really excited. Townsville is a small town and there isn't much here to inspire. To be able to see this sort of stuff "live" is a great opportunity for me.

Sign in to follow this