Sign in to follow this  
Cameron

Matt Furey's latest

Matt Furey has come out with a new product. He is calling it " China's secret long life excercises".

I was the first on the old HT forum to get into Furey. His original book, combat conditioning, remains one of the best things you can check out. I also have gotten alot out of his Magnetic Mind Power and even the Gama Fitness course. this new course would obviously atleast sound interesting to us taoists. Furey claims to teach three secret acupressure excercises that have never been taught and will add decades to your life. If this is all true, obviously the $200+ price tag for 3 DVD's is not all that bad. However, I remember Rosinke coming here awhile ago and saying the $400 Furey Taoist sex course was the biggest pile of shit he had ever bought.

Anyway, the website if you want to check it out it..

http://www.chineseculturesecrets.com/long_life.html

I will probably wait until someone on dragondoor buys it and gives it a review but maybe the daring Master Yoda will go for it.

BTW, I didn't realize it until I got into BJJ that Furey is pretty much distained by real fighters or martial artists. I think when his original combat conditioning came out there was alot of buzz and now you have all kinds of trainers developing body weight programs. One Jiu Jitsu guy referrs to Furey as a " Snake oil salesman".

The reality is the combat conditioning program is basically one part of the physical culture of the Indian Wrestlers. It is the foundation of there conditioning program but they do tons of other stuff along with it. But those simple body weight excercises are great and should be viewed as ancient excercises practiced by many people and not assocciated just with one man(Furey).

Lately, it seems he is really focusing on the Chinese stuff, the sex course and now this. He had a falling out with the guy that taught him combat conditioning years ago and this man(Karl Gotch) has called Furey a liar. I still respect Furey for what he has done in bringing a great program combat conditoning to the masses but for whatever reasong more than few poeple seem to dislike him.

Pavel Tsatsouline and the dragondoor crew, on the other hand, seem to be pretty well respected.

I like Matt and I think that his critics are half jealous, half put off by his aggressive marketing. I've learned a lot of cool things from him, even though I don't practice his methods. After Plato panned his sex course, I'm not much interested in Matt's chikung. If Lars Short comes out with something, I may be in the market for it.

In my experience, if an internet guru like Matt is offering information at over $100, I can often find the same thing at amazon for under $40.

Just like his sex course didn't seem to break new ground, I doubt this course does either.

You should get it, though!

-Yoda

I like Matt and I think that his critics are half jealous, half put off by his aggressive marketing.  I've learned a lot of cool things from him, even though I don't practice his methods.  After Plato panned his sex course, I'm not much interested in Matt's chikung.  If Lars Short comes out with something, I may be in the market for it. 

In my experience, if an internet guru like Matt is offering information at over $100, I can often find the same thing at amazon for under $40.

Just like his sex course didn't seem to break new ground, I doubt this course does either.

You should get it, though!

-Yoda

7018[/snapback]

What was said about the sex course? Why did he pan it?

Very curious..

PS..I think Matt Furey sounds like a scam artist, but I'm willing to change my mind..

Thaddeus

Plato didn't get into the details of the practices, but alluded that they were neither cutting edge nor effective.

Sexual chikung is glitchy stuff. I like Cam's inner smile recommendation--a good rule of thumb for any practice or any aspect of life for that matter.

-Yoda

Plato didn't get into the details of the practices, but alluded that they were neither cutting edge nor effective.

Sexual chikung is glitchy stuff.  I like Cam's inner smile recommendation--a good rule of thumb for any practice or any aspect of life for that matter.

-Yoda

7046[/snapback]

I'm curious as to the 'secret' to becoming more powerful after sex rather than weaker.

Sign in to follow this