coyote

Kunlun, Max, Beliefs

I have several concerns and i don't want to start a different thread for each, but it may be confusing to put them all together, i know.

I have been to the seminar and had some good strong results for the past six weeks.

I find Max to be sincere and approachable, although i don't know him well.

I find much of the cynical commentary about him and is followers to be middle-school level gossip.

A more substantial concern would be his possible affiliations with the US military or intelligence. He was a Marine in Beruit a long time ago, early 80's i assume. Does anyone know about his current relationship to them? I don't hear him talking saving the planet like some other Daoist masters, see Tian Gong.

He does not talk that much about a philosophy of life. Someone said on another thread that he is married and something about man needing a woman, i have no idea what that means.

One problem i am having now is that my legs got a little weaker, and i am not sure why. Could be other reasons or a nervous system detox which can temporary weaken things. Or maybe some imbalance from this practice.

Some other practitioners of kunlun seem imbalanced, but i don't know them well enough to know if they have improved since doing kunlun. It's something i will be monitoring.

C

Doubts about the Kunlun practice and the teacher seems to be very common. Does the practice itself trigger these fears? Joe

Edited by farmerjoe

There used to be a time when the villain was easy to recognize, he dressed in black and wore a moustache but not so nowadays. We rely on each other for information but with Kunlun it's all jumbled and in pieces and there's so much doubt and it doesn't seem very straightforward at all. Where is all this doubt and confusion coming from? My inner guidance is telling me to take a wait and see approach in regards to Kunlun. Joe

Doubts about the Kunlun practice and the teacher seems to be very common. Does the practice itself trigger these fears? Joe

The practice kinda 'digs up your stuff' and 'tosses it at you,' so to speak. Uncovers what's there, whether its just under the surface that you know about, or deep down that you've forgotten long ago. It seems most people run into uncertainty when they feel as though they should be able to understand and/or control most or every aspect of the practice. That's not to say in the least that the practice is 'uncontrollable' - its more that its...well, I thought of an analogy - know anything about string theory/M theory? When Ed Witten came up with the M theory idea, he discovered that an equation in one paradigm that was damn near impossible became vastly simpler when formulated properly in another paradigm. Same applies here on making progress - if you try and 'figure it out' instead of letting go of everything and let you (not your mind/thoughts) do what you need to do, then your thoughts and expectations mostly become a barrier to progress. So within that framework, you have a "quick quick" method that may unleash the floodgates, sometimes depending on the circumstances its tough to hash out. The more shit you have and the tighter you are holding on to it, imho the more ...disruptive? this practice is going to be in terms of the status quo for a given person. Like when Cameron started, he damn near didnt sleep for a month...or in my own practice, every one of my own 'personal demons' has come up, raging like an inferno in some cases. What you do with it from there is what is going to determine if you make progress...if you only realize that you dont necessarily have to fight the demon, its enough just watching it burn into nothingness in front of you...

So am I 110% certain on everything? Hell no! Do I trust and believe? Absolutely. Path of no more learning, the teacher teaching you that you dont really need a teacher...I've learned a great percentage of that which I have learned by doing it and figuring it out (which includes looking in the right places) myself. This practice resonates with me, simple as that. I am ok with the gray areas, because only I can look closer and discover for myself what the gray actually is. edit, I think that's a key right there - it seems to me that those who are really concerned with the gray area wind up hitting more snags as opposed to working thoroughly the areas which have been illuminated...

Sometimes stuff like this is tough to describe to people that dont practice kunlun or dont already know of the concept...and often attempts at a comprehensive dissemination of information results in a quagmire. In that respect I can understand why some traditions discourage open discussion of practices and phenomena with non-practitioners...

Edited by joeblast

In that respect I can understand why some traditions discourage open discussion of practices and phenomena with non-practitioners...

absolutely. it's a different world.

Joe - was it you that has been getting into Bradford Keeney's work? If not I highly recommend it as an adjunct to Kunlun - mainly to get you out of your head and stop you from being so serious...

Keeney mentions how the Bushman Shamans view everything in life as having two aspects - one constantly changing, morphing 'trickster' aspect and one unchanging aspect...

The trickster aspect is like the ever moving, changing flow - if it isn't flowing, moving, changing - you get stuck and sickness arises... what Kunlun does initially is that it gets that wheel of change turning - any stuck bit gets moving, all suppressed, forgotten, unresolved, stagnant parts of you come up to the surface and you become aware of them as they transform in the light of the unchanging aspect of God...

This happens both internally and externally - so you see all this controversy on here, and similarly this happens inside. There is a period of turmoil and doubt - and that's to be expected with anything that 'works' (can you really expect to grow and transform without actually changing?)

You can't recognize the villain because the villain is no longer stuck in a fictional mental construct.

A lot of people (I find) get into spirituality with absolutely no intention of actually growing/changing/transforming - so when they get into a practice that actually does that, they get scared and run off. It's a bad idea to start Kunlun if you're not prepared for this.

The 5 elements are indeed a part of these changes - and practicing any kind of 5 element forms can make the ride smoother. I've been re-discovering the inner smiler recently! great practice!

Oh - Coyote - sorry that I didn't address your questions... I don't know anything about the army thing... not sure what your question about man needing a woman is... And there are no rules or philosophy to follow - do what's in your Heart and not what's in books - there is no 'right' way to live - but if you live from your Heart and follow your deepest dreams, you'll be fine (or not :D )

A more substantial concern would be his possible affiliations with the US military or intelligence. He was a Marine in Beruit a long time ago, early 80's i assume. Does anyone know about his current relationship to them? I don't hear him talking saving the planet like some other Daoist masters, see Tian Gong.

C

Thats a concern for you? I suddenly respect him a lot more if he was truly a Marine. I did the first Gulf War in the Army Special Forces attached to an intelligence unit most of the time. Do you seriously have a problem with those who served or did I misread your intention?

I think he said he was a Navy corpsman (medic)...sometimes they get attached to Marine units...sometimes SEAL units...maybe. He also said he got kicked out for not saying "sir". :lol:

I don't see the worry over him having served in the US military. Does that make someone a part of the illuminati or something? :lol:

Freeform,

I'd love to hear more along these lines! I'm doing Max's 5E standing and the healing sounds. What are other 5e practices out there? Animal frolics? Mantras? Stretches? By 5e smiling, do you mean smiling to the different organs?

It is just starting to dawn on me that 5e practices aren't just "intro."

Your pal,

Yoda

I'm a bit reluctant, as I'm no authority on any of this!

But as far as I can tell there are at least two levels to 5 element practices - physical and emotional.

In my experience moving forms tend to arouse more emotion (e-motion!) - but that's not necessarily always the case - it depends on the intention really.

Initially it's good to get a feel for the different energies - so the static 5 e standing is great for that; if it helps, doing the 5 sounds, paying attention to the relevant organ and imagining the corresponding colours can be added to get deeper into the feeling. Then the 5 e standing moving variation is good to do as it gets the energy cycling and moving through...

I understand Max teaches a 5e shamanic moving form - I reckon this would get you deeper into the 5 emotions, but I've not tried it. 5 animal frolics is also fun to do!

The practice I do in the morning as I wake up is the Inner Smile - the same as Winn and Chia teach, but I've made slight adjustments - it's a really fantastic practice, it includes the 5 element creative cycle within it.

I think the sitting 5 e sounds could be a good practice in the evening before going to sleep...

I think you can use any of the methods available to go deeply into each of the elements individually and then cycle through them to get that 5e wheel turning smoothly.

hope this helps in some way... would love to hear from more experienced practitioners... 5E Tao comes to mind (hint) :D

My favorite is five element eating!

Have a meal with soft, liquid, crunchy, etc....sweet, salty, bitter, pungent, cooling, etc...all different sorts of colors of foods. Some hot, some warm, some cool, some cold.

I love to eat.

:lol:

I don't have a problem with him having served in the military, especially as a medic. My concern is only based on a comment i heard that might be no more than rumor, that he has recently worked with military intelligence, but i don't know the details at all. I am mostly concerned with any possible affiliation with the policies of the recent administration with its widespread corruption that serves nobody's interests and principles, including conservatives. I'm only curious, not making any accusations. I am looking for info here. I hope Max is a man of peace, i would assume he is until proven otherwise.

I think he said he was a Navy corpsman (medic)...sometimes they get attached to Marine units...sometimes SEAL units...maybe. He also said he got kicked out for not saying "sir". :lol:

I don't see the worry over him having served in the US military. Does that make someone a part of the illuminati or something? :lol:

I don't have a problem with him having served in the military, especially as a medic. My concern is only based on a comment i heard that might be no more than rumor, that he has recently worked with military intelligence, but i don't know the details at all. I am mostly concerned with any possible affiliation with the policies of the recent administration with its widespread corruption that serves nobody's interests and principles, including conservatives. I'm only curious, not making any accusations. I am looking for info here. I hope Max is a man of peace, i would assume he is until proven otherwise.

The "rumor" is based on Max's volunteering the information. He said they studied him. He has pictures of his brain scans to show for it. I've seen them. They are far out, but then, what about Max isn't? :lol:

The practice I do in the morning as I wake up is the Inner Smile - the same as Winn and Chia teach, but I've made slight adjustments - it's a really fantastic practice, it includes the 5 element creative cycle within it.

Do you add running smiling energy along the central channel in the end? With that, the Inner Smile suddenly becomes quite an advanced level of practice.

P.S. BTW, how does Inner Smile coexist with Kunlun from your experience?

Edited by idquest

The "rumor" is based on Max's volunteering the information. He said they studied him. He has pictures of his brain scans to show for it. I've seen them. They are far out, but then, what about Max isn't? :lol:

Do you know why and what they were studying?

Do you add running smiling energy along the central channel in the end? With that, the Inner Smile suddenly becomes quite an advanced level of practice.

P.S. BTW, how does Inner Smile coexist with Kunlun from your experience?

I can't actually remember exactly how Winn and Chia teach it, but I seem to spend more time with the head - brain quadrants, 'crystal cave', 3rd eye etc - and yes, I the descend down the core channel. Also when the smile expands beyond my body I smile to family, friends, enemies and whoever else that comes to mind.

I find that it mixes really well with kunlun - I don't circulate energy by force or will, I just bring a smiling awareness to each part of my body and this opens the area up gently and effectively without me 'trying' to open it.

For an interesting (and humorous) look at the military's research into individuals with "special powers", you might want to check out "The Men Who Stare at Goats" by Jon Ronson.

Yeah I saw that one on TV - quite funny.

Although the premise is humorously cynical, I remember a scene where the presenter is asked to put his hands around one of these 'special power' guys' throat - the presenter was visibly overcome with panic/terror and could barely touch him...

Thats a concern for you? I suddenly respect him a lot more if he was truly a Marine. I did the first Gulf War in the Army Special Forces attached to an intelligence unit most of the time. Do you seriously have a problem with those who served or did I misread your intention?

Darin, surely you can't be unaware that there are many people who regard serving in the armed forces as a dubious occupation?

Darin, surely you can't be unaware that there are many people who regard serving in the armed forces as a dubious occupation?

Yeah... there's always a few ungrateful worms in every bushel of good apples. These are usually the same people who want to punish the productive in society with taxes and reward the lazy with welfare. Only a sick bird fouls its own nest.

Keep in mind that it was the early 80's were recessions and it was extremely hard to come by a job.

Yeah... there's always a few ungrateful worms in every bushel of good apples. These are usually the same people who want to punish the productive in society with taxes and reward the lazy with welfare. Only a sick bird fouls its own nest.

What exactly does he have to be grateful for? What is it that he is "ungrateful" about?

Many wars are ,believe it or not, are for profit. $$$

There are people who, believe it or not, don't care if someone dies so they can make money.

In other word there is a lot of brainwashing going on.

Check out which layers of society

are used for canon fodder.