coyote

Kunlun, Max, Beliefs

A lot of people (I find) get into spirituality with absolutely no intention of actually growing/changing/transforming - so when they get into a practice that actually does that, they get scared and run off. It's a bad idea to start Kunlun if you're not prepared for this.

I like Keeney's and Sufi Lamb's version of the spontaneous practice. They seem purer and more straightforward and something that I would be able to practice on my own. Kunlun is a bigger package, you don't just learn Kunlun but lots of other things and you get "Max" who is obviously well liked and somewhat of an enigma. I'd certainly have questions with so much to explore and add to that a transmission, ancestral help and my stuff which would be stirred up and it all might possibly tie me to the teacher and other students and take over my life. Lots to think about. Joe.

glad to have been of help, joe :)

I think I have some more understanding around what happens to you. With understanding comes more patience, tolerance and compassion. Joe.

Edited by farmerjoe

already sorry I responded to this.

Don't be. Noticed and appreciated. Love sanity, can't get enough of it! Thank you.

Rofl.

I love all you guys and girls for serving, thank you.

But I'm saddened by the fact that our leaders are fools making wrong choices. When I was a kid I wanted to join and kill "bad guys" too but I just don't know who the "bad guys" are anymore. I feel sorry for those in the armed forces.

But it was promising to hear that the US wants to move away from its "Lone Ranger" approach and acknowledging the fact that even their allies don't like it's bullying tactics.

Anyhow returning you to Jerry Springer.... let the insanity continue :lol:

LOL!

Don't get stirred up over this stuff... that's just what our lizard overlords want!! :lol:

Krishna said that it's impossible for one person to kill another: people actually commit suicide via karma and they don't really die anyways so everything works out somehow.

thats easy to say and may prove true enough but follow your words to their natural conclusion.

if i see a man tormenting other people my first reaction is to stop him. its easy when you see someone

suffering at the hands of another to say 'oh its none of my business he just has bad karma so hes really

hurting himself' but what kind of person does one have to be to stand by and let it happen?

if you saw someone beating a child to death with a bat would you just walk by mumbling something about how

the kid must have been a real shit in his past life? i apologize for the overly dramatic example but in my experience;

taking a line of thought to its extreme conclusion tends to be very revealing.

i dont mean to sound harsh and please dont think im judging you in any way because im certain you mean well.

i just hear things like this in spiritual circles a lot and it seems to me people are losing

perspective. we still live in this world and it is what we make it and allow it to be. i seem to recall that

historically Daoists seem to have a habit of changing history in a big way (ie averting floods, changing rivers,

destroying armies) so the idea that we should not get involved because if people are suffering they must

deserve it seems out of touch and totally lacking in compassion. :(

im also not saying that we should go out and try to fix everyone elses problems. im only pointing out the

dangers of that line of reasoning. there must be balance and without compassion none of us will ever be more

than monkeys no matter how much we sit in lotus.

P.S. reading over this i realize it sounds entirely too harsh and judgmental

but im not really sure how to soften it up and still make the point stick so

i want to apologize one more time and ask that you not be too offended or

angry with me since i really do mean well. :)

Very interesting and difficult, isnt it Dreamingawake? I agree with you.. it is a challenging issue.

I was listening to a Byron Katie talk - and this issue came up... and she was very clear in the face of opposition that everything is perfect...... that is to say that, quite simply,

everything is as it should be.

"How do we know this"? she asks. The answer: "because it is happening"....

She has a belief and I think a felt experience that everything is auspicious.

She also takes the long view that each human is here to live and to die and it doesnt entirely matter when we die or how, as death is part of the deal and, really... everything is auspicious....

She also puts forward the idea that it is a concept that we have, that suffering is a bad thing, and that we shouldnt suffer.. and so she asks "Do we really know that we shouldnt suffer? Is it really true?" Her idea being that it is our thoughts and beliefs that make us suffer.

And of course if you practise EFT you will know how much that is true.

So in the instance you give of a guy beating up a child....

I think we go and challenge the guy and ask him "How do you know it is your job to kill this child? Is it your right? How do you know that is really true??"

...and we would find he is beating the child because the child is displeasing him. And we would find that at the root of his displeasure is his lack of belief that everything is auspicious....

So it seems, that if we all felt and believed that everything is auspicious.. then we would not be killing one another at all.

And so it enlightenment that we need to spread.. rather than justice.

Interesting, huh? :)

So it seems, that if we all felt and believed that everything is auspicious.. then we would not be killing one another at all.

And so it enlightenment that we need to spread.. rather than justice.

:)

I completely agree with Yoda.

Here is why... Because Enlightenment doesnt determine right or wrong.

If everything was auspicious (lucky) then killing would be lucky too.

That is a misunderstanding of Enlightenment itself, and is tied in with what Yoda said about karma/dharma.

There are avatars that exist, that have taught some followers who now extort others for money. It doesnt make these ones any less enlightened. It is based upon patterns set out in such highly secretive books as the "Qi Men Dun Jia" of old, Argeements and pacts made in the spirit world before you enter this life which coincide with Karma and Dharma.

Now if everything was lucky, I could kill anyone I wanted to to get ahead, make tons of money to further my goals in this life... That is an extreme example but gets the point across nicely.

Not going to happen anyway because of Dharma around you. You deal with others perceptions and dharma too!

This is weather we like it or not!

I was listening to a Byron Katie talk - and this issue came up... and she was very clear in the face of opposition that everything is perfect...... that is to say that, quite simply,

She has a belief and I think a felt experience that everything is auspicious.

So in the instance you give of a guy beating up a child....

I think we go and challenge the guy and ask him "How do you know it is your job to kill this child? Is it your right? How do you know that is really true??"

...and we would find he is beating the child because the child is displeasing him. And we would find that at the root of his displeasure is his lack of belief that everything is auspicious....

I can't help but think that in real life, after asking the gentleman with the bat that question, he would start beating upon you. Giving you a chance to realize how wonderful the world is while being beaten (to death?) by an angry thug.

Sometimes the world calls for action, whether its calling 911, taking the bat away, or attacking a thug. Screw philosophy, when action needs to be taken, do it. Just like Nike says.

To the enlightened- the world, the now, is indeed perfect. To the other 99.9999 percent of us, we need to take action because we're not in there world and pretending to be leads to wrong action and stagnation.

Michael

Very interesting and difficult, isnt it Dreamingawake? I agree with you.. it is a challenging issue.

Do we need to bring up Candide by Voltaire? :P

Do we need to bring up Candide by Voltaire? :P

ya know i bought a copy of that some time ago and still haven't found the time to read it ;)

its on my list of things to do though :D