Sign in to follow this  
Yoda

new forum section proposal

Sean,

How about a "taobum's favorite practices" or a "reviews" section. Standing, sungazing, retention, MCO, WW, running, etc and they can be reviewed by individual members like books get reviewed on amazon. That would be great for people just visiting the site. They'd see my sungazing rocks post and then someone else's sungazing is insane post and it would be a great way to sort out the pros and cons and potential pitfalls of a practice. I don't know if we should include a star ranking or not as I bet all the potential freakout practices would rank low compared to the soothing stuff, but it might be fun. Or maybe rank several different categories like power, ease of use, safety.

As we've all been to amazon, we'd be used to the format.

-Yoda

Sean,

How about a "taobum's favorite practices" or a "reviews" section.  Standing, sungazing, retention, MCO, WW, running, etc and they can be reviewed by individual members like books get reviewed on amazon. 

6999[/snapback]

I think this is a very good idea. As an add on to this, it would be useful to set an expectation that a review includes some of the meat of your experience.

For example:

I've been doing Winn's Six Healing Sounds for four months and have had major improvements in my health. My blood chemistry is much improved - I'm now off of most of the medications.

Or

I've been practicing retention for 5 weeks, 3 days and 27 minutes and have discovered that the extra power from the heated jing improved my distance by 20 yards when I kick the cat.

:D

I also think we should have a glossary/abbreviation page so that newer visitors would know what MCO, WW, ZZS, HT, retention, and some of the other special terms we use refer to.

All the best,

Charlie

I've been practicing retention for 5 weeks, 3 days and 27 minutes and have discovered that the extra power from the heated jing improved my distance by 20 yards when I kick the cat.

Very funny! You definitely captured the spirit of the practice! If Sean goes for it, the reviews should mention how much experience the reviewer has had with the specific practice. Maybe even weigh a 3 star vote from a 10 year veteran of a practice more than a 4 star vote from a 60 day newbie.

-Yoda

It's an awesome idea Yoda. This has actually been on my to do list for awhile. I've found a great piece of software to do it but it costs $80 and I've been putting it off. (If anyone wants to donate even just a little toward it I'll get it asap ... Paypal to [email protected])

I do want to get the shop online first, so Minke's CD's can be available again, and then this will be next.

Sean.

Sign in to follow this