Sign in to follow this  
Cameron

How do you define a friend?

How do you all define what a friend is to you? I have met people who would call just a casual aquiantance a friend and people who wouldn't really call somone a friend until they were really, really tight. At times when I had alot of friends the realationships were mostly superfical and not really too deep. We bascially shared something in common..like smoking weed..or doing martial arts..or in the same classes at school. Friends I have that have been my friends for years, not too many that I have known for like over 10 years and still keep up with but the few that I do, we seem to just care about eachother to always check in and see how we are doing proffessionally personally whatever.

So, how would you define a friend. Is it just somone you like and hang out with or should it be deeper than that. Girlfriends obviously add another dimension than guy's(or boyfirends if your a girl) but it seems unlikely to keep up with a girlfriend for years and years. Like you would probably just get married or something by then. But maybe I am being superficial.

a friend is someone who is painfully honest with, who says the things you don't wanna hear. this helps you develop spiritually. it's also someone who knows what's up. for example, i broke up with mrs. columbo last week and a number of people offered congratulations. well, maybe congrats weren't in order, but they definitely could see it was a good thing.

Sign in to follow this