Guest C Yu C He Taiji

Kunlun Questions

Guest C Yu C He Taiji

Hi to all,

i know that there are hundreds of Kunlun topics existing already, but I did not find any that is dedicated to answering the fundemental questions that might come during one's first weeks/months of kunlun practice.

If such a topic exist already please tell me, if not I think it would be a nice thing to answer some of the fundamental question concerning Kunlun Neigong practice (of course without spiling the seeds :D ). I would be glad if Chris (Mantra) could answer some questions too, because Max is not a member of TTB and I live in Europe and do not have the funds to travel to the States and have to wait until Max decides to come to Europe again.

Ok, here is my first question. Concerning the closing down period, in the book it says one is supposeed to calm down and then just wait for things to happen. I notice that when I close down I often still feel a subtle movement correcting my body posture. More subtle than while doing the kunlun itself. Am I supposed to simply follow this sensation and let go or is the closing down just for grounding?

Ok, here is my first question. Concerning the closing down period, in the book it says one is supposeed to calm down and then just wait for things to happen. I notice that when I close down I often still feel a subtle movement correcting my body posture. More subtle than while doing the kunlun itself. Am I supposed to simply follow this sensation and let go or is the closing down just for grounding?

I'm no teacher - I have not practiced as long as some on this board - this advice is only based on my personal experience.

As you put your hands on your belly - invite the energy to settle down there - any adjustments that occur in your body to allow that to happen more smoothly and thoroughly are welcomed. Don't wait for 'things to happen' - rather just sit and be.

It's also worth noting that you should really be closing down only when your body is completely ready - not when you think you're ready... not when the clock says so... not when the music stops... if your body leads the 'decision', then the closing down becomes far smoother, easier and more natural.

Guest C Yu C He Taiji

Thank you very much freeform. Thats pretty much the advice I was looking for. I was kind of afraid to start a new kunlun topic because of the the biased community but I thank you for your advice. Is I said it is not possible for me to attend a seminar of Max anytime soon, except he come somewhere near Germany, but I'll try my best with the book alone.

There is another thing. The book mentions a lot of heat being generated, but in most cases (I started practicing only a few days ago :rolleyes: ) my hands and feet are geting rather cold wich only changes a bit after the closing down. has anyone had this experience as well or knows what it means?

Guest C Yu C He Taiji

It is good to know that I do not have to worry about my cold hands. :D

Is there the possibility to do the kunlun1 seated on the ground without a chair? And if so how exactly is it done (current activated) is it as effective as sitting on a chair? I just ask because I am used to sit in crosslegged or half lotus position meditation and sitting on a chair is rather strenuous for me. I would not mind a PM if is to detailed for the open forum.

Ive just received the book, and haven't had time to practise yet, but a couple of questions occur to me.

On p.47, Christensen suggests use of a practice chair, which "...should be cut down in height to a measurement that places your hips slightly higher than your knees when sitting on the edge."

I don't know about you, but I'm fairly average-to-tall in height, and find that my hips are about level with the tops of my knees in standard chairs anyway: to raise the hips higher would mean raising the chair, not lowering it. Is Christensen assuming all his readers are dwarves, or am I missing something? :huh:

Also, an hour seems a very long time to hold a stance: in the Yang style Qigung classes I go to at the moment, we hold our standard postures for about 3 minutes each: it wouldn't surprise me if peculiar things would start to happen were I to hold any one of them for an hour! :blink: