I found an interesting video about him and the buddhaboy on youtube

thanks for posting the site

Jedi, prahlad Jani is one of the people mentioned on the website you posted

I found an interesting video about him and the buddhaboy on youtube

thanks for posting the site

great video !!

Pretty sure.

I can provide a link to my memory :)

it was in a paper that was photocopied by Mantak Chia staff and distributed at Tao Garden.

LOL, this "Yogi Pullavar Levitates Before 150 Witnesses" is definitely a fraud. See the stick which is attached to the ground and compare it to this : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etSivpBHUmE

But damn, this is good: Documentary About Buddha Boy (4 of 5) Ram Bahadur Bamjan - Prahlad Jani .

Edited by TTT

Yeah and then I found this review of the 5 volume book promoted on that site:

Years later I was in a bookstore and I noticed a book called `Baird T. Spalding as I Knew Him', by a long-time friend of Spalding's named David Bruton. In the books he seems to confirm my instinctual (intuitive?) reaction. He claims that Spalding fabricated the stories - completely. He says that Spalding inherited a journal from his grandfather who had traveled in India and the Himalayas, studying with various yogis (not the one's portrayed in the books, who Spalding invented). Upon inheriting this journal of teachings Spalding had received, he commented one day to his friend Bruton that he had conceived of an idea of how to make some money. He intended to make up a story that he personally had travel to Tibet, inventing the masters that he met, and had adventures through which he learned the kinds of teachings - teachings that he had actually received from his grandfather's journals (and undoubtedly embellished for dramatic effect - so we don't even really know what to believe in these books). After the first book came out, he was surprised by all the attention and invitations to lecture. The money was good, and there was much demand for more books. So he kept writing to meet the demand and got in over his head. I don't know if this story is true. Bruton claims that he waited until Spalding passed over because he had no interest in ruining Spalding's `career', but that he did feel a responsibility to tell his knowledge of the true source of the books. As far as I was concerned, reading this account tended to make sense of the uneasy feelings I had about the books. They really don't have the ring of truth for me, and even less so now that 20 years later I have more reading and personal experience to draw on.

Sign in to follow this