Sign in to follow this  
GrandTrinity

Relaxation

Please talk to me about relaxation, as this seems to be the essensce or an important part of meditation/spiritual practice. It is possible to relax too much? Perhaps this is a very delicate balance, at the core of spiritual practice?

Please talk to me about relaxation, as this seems to be the essensce or an important part of meditation/spiritual practice. It is possible to relax too much? Perhaps this is a very delicate balance, at the core of spiritual practice?

6945[/snapback]

Relaxation is everything. EVERYTHING. If you are totally relaxed you will be a god.

But you can't do it by doing it. Relaxation techniques just add a layer.

Relaxation is what remains when you stop doing everything that is unnecessary.

We have a false idea of relaxation as being slumped, passive. That, you can have too much of.

Ok? :)

I find that when I am very relaxed people will tend to enjoy my company more. However, sometimes I will see that my friend or family member is breathing very shallow and it will make me sad! I want to like teach them how to breath deep and blah blah blah, but I dont! :unsure:

relaxation is so good.

im just beginning to relax my hips through warrior wellness, yoga and cheng hsin.

cheng hsin is so awesome and for you lucky guys in america i highly suggest you go check out peter ralston and attend a seminar. i am learning from a guy here who did a 4 month apprenticship with him (10 hours training every day) and it is soooooo good.

http://www.chenghsin.com/

cheng hsin is a martial arts but its so much more too. its a study of awareness and the nature of being through learning to be present in the body.

the concepts in it are incredible.

you begin to learn the importance of structure, because you CANNOT relax properly unless your structure is perfectly aligned..... if your structure is not aligned and you relax totally, you will fall over.

when my friend who is instructing us hits me with a totally relaxed strike.... it feels like i had a brick thrown at me... or even more.

luckily we learn how to yield to being struck and i am able to yield his strike so it don't hurt hahaha.

but yes check out cheng hsin, even if you are not a fighter. i don't think you will be dissapointed!

Sign in to follow this