Sign in to follow this  
GrandTrinity

Power animals?

If you had to pick your favorite power animal/s what would you choose? I have been working on a list of all the animals popular to taoists/shamans...I will post in time...right now my favorite is perhaps the seahorse but I love the (sea)lion and snake and many many other cools ones.

If you had to pick your favorite power animal/s what would you choose? I have been working on a list of all the animals popular to taoists/shamans...I will post in time...right now my favorite is perhaps the seahorse but I love the (sea)lion and snake and many many other cools ones.

6944[/snapback]

Here is a nice power animal divination site:

http://www.medicinecards.com/

Matt

I think Lions are so cool. Power, presence, amazing eyes. But I like cats in general even though they are like the only thing I am allergic to. i love how cats move. How if they fall from a tall place they easily land on all fours without any harm.

Snakes are pretty cool but I don't want to own one. I like them as s ymbol for going with the flow, kinf of like effortlessly moving wherever.

Of course Dragons.

i love how cats move. How if they fall from a tall place they easily land on all fours without any harm.

6949[/snapback]

i like how they try to play it off when they do fuck up.

my first power animal was/is the tortoise

goats, llamas, bats, snakes, lizards, ravens, coyote, i've heard magpies are cool...

whats your favorite power element?

mine would have to be water

how they play it off when they do fuck up

great observation. That's a superpower, for sure.

There are so many aspects from all over the world regarding power animals/ animal guardians. One very favorite entertainment of mine is observing them, interacting on many possible levels. It's funny, but unless certain animals have been around humans or have certain temperacies, I've noticed that most all I have encountered (save most household bred types) really do not appreciate the company of most humans. Their true natures are held true to desiring the natural habitats and living conditions that comes from the roots they were born in.

There have been special cases throughout time in places that animals end up in totally different environments that they were initially brought into. (Yes, marketing and human desire to OWN everything is an example here) And that is where the power of adaptation and communication (hopefully blended with compassion and understanding when the circumstance arrived, but not always) show us exactly what we are capable of.

I am adamant in the thinking that we have certain strengths and bonds that pertain to animal traits and capabilities. I've been tapped into bear and otter perspectives in native ceremonies. I've always been especially intrigued and embodied by some of their aspects. Also, as I've said before, astrologically speaking----am a Monkey~fish!!!

Good topic starter, sir decor conneisseur

-M

I like the animals in my sign, the Aries Ram and the Fire Dragon (Jesus, could I have more Fire in my sign?). I did some trancework years ago to find my power animal and it was a penguin, just kidding, it was a black leopard which really are beautiful animals. :P

It's funny, but unless certain animals have been around humans or have certain temperacies, I've noticed that most all I have encountered (save most household bred types) really do not appreciate the company of most humans. Their true natures are held true to desiring the natural habitats and living conditions that comes from the roots they were born in.

6960[/snapback]

I had a really great fox friend in alaska.... he was the pariarch of the pack... we played, chasing eachother and he would walk with me thru the woods... eat out of my hands but he never let me touch him.

Sign in to follow this