Sign in to follow this  
GrandTrinity

mirrors

My new bedroom is pretty pimp here in my college town. I got mirrors all round the room so when I do tai chi and stuff I see myself from every perspective ad infium...also got a skeleton with a dreadlock hat and a usa flag coming out his heart saluting, and a stem in his mouth, hes the man!

Og course got my lu dong bin and kuan yin postacrds hung up too...mad feng shuiness.

Anwyays, I been medititating in front of a mirror as much as possible and I am enjoying the results! :lol:

Gots to relax the face for good meditaion ninjas! The primordial face!

Anwyays, I been medititating in front of a mirror as much as possible and I am enjoying the results! :lol:

Gots to relax the face for good meditaion ninjas! The primordial face!

6943[/snapback]

Yeah.. that can be some cool shit for sure.. What are your opinons on this phenomena experienced while staring at your mirror image? (especially if the lights are dim) They say this is a way to meet the "dweller on the treshold" in some western magical traditions..

I know way too little about this phenomena and have always stopped gazing before anything major have happened. After a while one can feel the suction around your third eye as you lock onto yourself in the mirror and your mirror-image begin to shift.

Anyone else want to elaborate on their experiences with this?

Also, Is there any specifically taoist lore connected to this phenomena?

Cheers

I'd say that it is pretty amazing how thoughts and light (especially with mirrors bringing the 'reflective' property into play) can bend the way you perceive things.

I've sat in front of mirrors, staring before-and the results have often been any of (but not limited to) intriguing, unnerving, or revealing...but most always I've uncovered just one tiny layer of the millions that lay just on the surface. I'd also say that it most certainly does something to you-very subtle, yet you can definetly tell that certain incorporeal entities lie just beyond your accustomed normal seeing conditions...and it really does show you just how agile (or not) your constitution can be in trying to keep your thoughts and greater sense collected, and taking in this experience and learning from it as opposed to freaking out and becoming victim to the mystique and unknowable without opening up to it and perhaps getting to understand what is really going on in how it coincides with your current reality.

I also try to always keep in mind that appearances can be deceiving...

Yep, mirrors are a very interesting gift of mankinds invention, say true!

Whatever you cannot understand, you cannot possess,

-Michelle

try searching mirror or mirrors on the HT site, there was an interesting but inconclusive thread there a few months ago.

Glenn Morris book 'Pathnotes of A Ninja Grandmaster' (really good depite title) has a chapter on mirrors. Stories of using them for scrying, face changing and disappearing.

Michael

Glenn Morris book 'Pathnotes of A Ninja Grandmaster' (really good depite title) has a chapter on mirrors.  Stories of using them for scrying, face changing and disappearing.

Michael

7005[/snapback]

Jean Dubois from the now defunct Philosophers of Nature (one of the more serious sources for western practical alchemy & spagyrics it looks like) goes along the same line when presenting an exercise called "concentrating the mirror" in Lesson 2 of their "Fundamentals of Esoteric Knowledge". The first two lessons are available as samples on the site. The relevant document can be found Here.

Dubois have an interestingly different approach to western esotericism than what one is used to. And their approach seems very sane.

But the mirror thing however.. I'm still don't know what to think of it :unsure:

Nice, dustwalker, I will have to look into that.

On that thread at the HT, (which indeed I started) I finally read Winn's comments and find them very interesting, he has not experimented with mirrors!

"Very interesting discussion. I haven't personally explored it.

But know that mirrors are used extensively in magical practices; they are one avenue to contact your low astral/energy body.The metal element causes a condensation of chi that mirrors your own physical body, much as metal/gold element is used in alchemy to condense your spiritual essence so it survives transition to other dimensions (immortality).

michael"

Very interesting.

Anyhow, I also enjoyed reading Winn's comments here:

"The monkey face staring at you truly loves you. Even if the mirror cracks."

My own experience with the mirror has been powerful, it gives me a very heightened body awareness. I can see my own subtle chi flow. I highly enjoy laughing into the mirror, for here, I can see when my face has tension.

In the massage book by chia, it says to stair into a mirror, at your own eyes for a long time, then you will be able to stair other people in the eyes.

As far as crazy experiences, I haven't had any of those yet, such as myself turning into a reptile. :lol: Although the craziest thing that happens is when I stare for a while and everything disappears into gold light except for the eyes.

Sign in to follow this