mwight

Normals Just Don't Care...

Oh dear. How arrogant of us to hold an "us and them" view!

What are you trying to prove?

By doing this stuff we're no wiser and no better than the ones that don't.

How do you expect people to be curious about you when you can't bring yourself to be curious about them? (and I don't mean just pretending). People are naturally defensive about their beliefs (hence this topic eh?) - if you honestly become deeply curious about the deepest aspects of a person (which is a million miles away from the aspects that hold beliefs) - not only will you nourish them, but they will nourish you! Allow a deep intimacy to develop and you'll be able to share much more than just beliefs... those too, but mostly something far deeper and more spiritual. (easier said than done - I know! :D )

Vortex - I suspect girls get turned off by this because you might be too serious about it - they might be detecting a slight feeling of guilt or 'shame' concerning this (that's where 'creepiness' comes from). It could be that you're sending out a "my guilty little secret" kind of vibe. And similarly if you place too much importance on whether they accept this spiritual part of you or not, you'll be giving off an unattractive vibe. (Ever experienced a salesperson who's really disparate to close a sale? get that uneasy, nauseous 'I don't trust this guy' feeling? - same thing.) Placing far too much importance on the whole thing.

I tease my friends about their beliefs in science - their love of football etc. and I expect them to tease me about my beliefs. It's what keeps us grounded, what keeps us from getting stuck in thoughts and what keeps us light-hearted and entertained!

• Like 2

Regarding the PU aspect: it doesn't matter what you say or believe in. You can talk about your goal of attaining rainbow body and taking your light body to travel to Uranus, and it won't matter. In fact it might make things easier, because at least you're interesting and fun. It's always all in the delivery. If you're conflicted internally you will project that out. And the people you're talking to will see it very clearly.

I've found the same as Vortex. I think these topics can be introduced in PU if you dont take them so seriously, which is tough, since we DO take these things seriously. But they can be interesting in fun, superpowers, astral travels. If you look like you actually believe in the stuff you are saying, then, in my experience, its just too weird. IF you guys are interested, we can put together a list of some material that would work.

Oh dear. How arrogant of us to hold an "us and them" view!

What are you trying to prove?

By doing this stuff we're no wiser and no better than the ones that don't.

How do you expect people to be curious about you when you can't bring yourself to be curious about them? (and I don't mean just pretending). People are naturally defensive about their beliefs (hence this topic eh?) - if you honestly become deeply curious about the deepest aspects of a person (which is a million miles away from the aspects that hold beliefs) - not only will you nourish them, but they will nourish you! Allow a deep intimacy to develop and you'll be able to share much more than just beliefs... those too, but mostly something far deeper and more spiritual. (easier said than done - I know! :D )

Vortex - I suspect girls get turned off by this because you might be too serious about it - they might be detecting a slight feeling of guilt or 'shame' concerning this (that's where 'creepiness' comes from). It could be that you're sending out a "my guilty little secret" kind of vibe. And similarly if you place too much importance on whether they accept this spiritual part of you or not, you'll be giving off an unattractive vibe. (Ever experienced a salesperson who's really disparate to close a sale? get that uneasy, nauseous 'I don't trust this guy' feeling? - same thing.) Placing far too much importance on the whole thing.

I tease my friends about their beliefs in science - their love of football etc. and I expect them to tease me about my beliefs. It's what keeps us grounded, what keeps us from getting stuck in thoughts and what keeps us light-hearted and entertained!

;)

hear hear!

h

Don't talk about it unless they show interest. People have different interests - imagine if someone was trying to explain to you the wonders of Municipal Bond trading?

Are we better then someone who doesn't care about spiritual stuff? Nope. They are lucky.

I don't really get it, exactly though... how can you watch a man run barefoot, almost naked 15 miles in negative degree temps, and swim under an ice covered lake for 200 feet and just say its bullshit.. ignore all the harvard studies... It just boggles my mind.

""'yup discovery channel faked it", that was his response verbatim..

just makes me want to scream...

ugg

You can be impressed with the teacher or master, but don't judge the art by them. Judge it by the students. Unless the guy has a cadre of students running w/ him buck naked, so what?? If John Chang lights things on fire w/ his mind, so what. Are there dozens of his students lighting things on fire. Not so much, certainly not in public.

The top people in any art are amazing, but doesn't mean we're any less for not doing it. I know musical people who'd consider you a sad norm for not opening your body and soul to produce music. Thats attainable, at least w/ years of work. Running naked and swimming under ice probably is not for most of us and I understand why people would say, its not something to spend a whole lot of time on, cause they have clothes and matches only cost 30 cents a pack.

That said I do think tummo is worthwhile and I've been practicing it, but thems that don't aren't lacking, they just don't share my and your interests.

Michael

Well, I've found that mainstream girls find talk about ascension weird, paranormal abilities creepy and even healthy lifestyle choices like vegetarianism "unmanly" and incompatible.

So, things would start out good with mutual attraction and all, but as soon as I breached these topics...they'd get weirded out and bail. I think a lot of women are simply more impressed with red-blooded, beer-guzzling, meat-lovin' sports fanatics.

Anyhow, since it became a pattern, I suspect it's some internal conflict I've been projecting out...so I'm working on resolving that inside myself. Hopefully, that will help me attract some more tolerant and accepting women this year.

My answer is here. Sorry about this, but I don't want some material to go on google. At least for some time.

Yea, we are actually a tiny, tiny minority. Last 3 mainstream girls I hit it off with all quickly lost interest once I started opening up about this stuff. Other people just love to mock and scoff at these ideas. We forget how different the muggle world really is, until we venture out of our little bubble here!

Anyhow, I'm through pushing it on anyone and reluctant to even bring it up anymore...would really just like some tolerance is all.

But then I think, maybe I'm just coming off too weak and should stand stronger in my beliefs, and would then get respected more for it (even if still rejected, lol). I dunno! :blink:

Just be who you are - Somewhere there's a crazy woman looking for you.

Try hanging out in different type places where you can meet freaks of the same persuasion :)

Jump to: navigation, search

Hylic (from Greek ὑλή (hylē) "matter") is the opposite of psychic (from Greek ψυχή (psychē) "soul").

In the Gnostic view, Hylics, also called Somatics (from Gk σῶμα (sōma) "body"), were the lowest order of the three types of human. The other two were the Psychics and the Pneumatics (from Gk πνεῦμα (pneuma) "spirit, breath"). So humanity comprised matter-bound beings, matter-dwelling spirits and the matter-free or immaterial, souls..................

Ignorance is bliss only for the "somatics/ylics".

I like to think of the tao, and most eastern and american relious beliefs as gnostic.

"The Matrix is a system, Neo. That system is our enemy. But when you're inside, you look around, what do you see? Businessmen, teachers, lawyers, carpenters. The very minds of the people we are trying to save. But until we do, these people are still a part of that system and that makes them our enemy. You have to understand, most of these people are not ready to be unplugged. And many of them are so inert, so hopelessly dependent on the system that they will fight to protect it."

The way I see it, reaching enlightenment is only half the goal. Once enlightened, you must find a way to enlighten others, and they won't want it. That's the riddle.

• Like 1

Hagar & Cat claps & bows to you. :):)

MWight, Sometimes we say more with a nod, smile, or one or two words just at the right time.

People might not be interested in phenomena of qi, but basic human kindness and a sincere heart when it is being itself talks to everyone sooner or later.

The only time we can actually influence is when we give up any idea of wanting to influence anyone.

That eliminates attitudes of us/me and them or 'normals'

Edited by mat black

sounds like you're adopting that born again christian attitude. all this "spiritual stuff" is a very personal and people usually come to it on their own when they're ready.

• Like 1

It's all in the delivery.

I agree with Scotty. Most of communication is body language and voice, a small percentage, less than 10%, is actual words and their content. If you want to connect better with people do a search under The Magic of Rapport by Jerry Richardson. Apparently this is out of print, but Barnes and Noble has some online connections at good prices, you might also try addall.com. Get this book, seriously put it into practice and in a few weeks to a couple of months you will be thanking me. Really. ;)

Well, I've found that mainstream girls find talk about ascension weird, paranormal abilities creepy and even healthy lifestyle choices like vegetarianism "unmanly" and incompatible.

So, things would start out good with mutual attraction and all, but as soon as I breached these topics...they'd get weirded out and bail. I think a lot of women are simply more impressed with red-blooded, beer-guzzling, meat-lovin' sports fanatics.

Anyhow, since it became a pattern, I suspect it's some internal conflict I've been projecting out...so I'm working on resolving that inside myself. Hopefully, that will help me attract some more tolerant and accepting women this year.

You should look for women (girls <_< ) who share some of your spiritual beliefs.

Be yourself. Don't try and reel in a "normal" who is from a way too different tribe.

I would also say don't second guess yourself. Stay true but find someone compatible.

SLow down and take it easy. Take your mind off of it and enjoy life a little.

:)

I tried to share what I know to my little sister because I love her dearly. I

have five sisters. I've told her what I've

experienced and wanted her to know so she can escape rebirth. I gave

her two books, but she never read it. It was even very difficult

to even bring it up because of the sexual nature. In the end, I was

the one to be a fool.

You can't not make people do anything when they are not ready. When

life is going well for them, why do they need spirituality. It is only in those

that life is not going well, and seek the truth that eventually stumble

on this path. Now, I keep everything to myself. I don't even

tell friends. Actually I did tell one friend about how I know how

to reach enlightenment and I said it was through energy "Chi".

They didn't believe me. I didn't tell them how to do it, but that

was that.

I've adopted the attitude where, if I see a person really searching for

god or the truth, then I'll through in my two cents, and point them

in the right direction. Learning/growth is part of the journey.

Anyone else here ever feel the same way?

I used to. But somewhere along the way I realized its not about them, but me. Now I dont mind if my friends think Im doing wierd stuff, and I dont try to proove myself to them either.

I used to. But somewhere along the way I realized its not about them, but me. Now I dont mind if my friends think Im doing wierd stuff, and I dont try to proove myself to them either.

Enig.

If you're in the "don't really know for sure" mind, and starting to pay attention to others, it really doesn't matter what you think is real.

If suddenly, just by accident and by a long awaited culmination of practice, a rainbow comes out of your ass, then that's just dandy.

h

I do sympathise, mwight.

It is isolating, isnt it. funny really, because on one level I am actually isolated in that a lot of the time I am communicating with people it is *entirely on their terms.. and so this creates a gap.. a disparity in awareness.

at the same time because I have this felt knowledge that we are all one, I dont feel the disparity, I feel close.

And I know parts of me are unconscious and in denial and unevolved, too.

* it feels this way to me.. but I know from the amount of feedback that I get, that actually, people are appreciating the 'difference' of my way, even if they arent conscious about what it actually is.

So maybe you are planting seeds. Or having an effect on the rock, as the sea does.

yes, thats my idea too

like 15 years of marriage

like family

sustainability

rubs off

both ways

who's rock who's water?

• Like 1

No matter how much testing or who did the documentary... its all just horse shit... it's fake... impossible. etc. etc.

I mean sometimes I just want to beat my head against the wall...

Anyone else here ever feel the same way?

mwight,

I don't blame you for feeling that way.

I think it would be good to keep in mind, however, that a mind can only understand what its causes allow it to...

A bowl is good for holding soup

but not for fixing flats.

A fast horse is good for running a race

but cannot use a typewriter.

People have differing strengths and weaknesses.

In any case, in true patience

even the thought of being patient

does not arise....

Smiling

Realizing the open

Understanding

"self" and "others" share the same source....

share karma....

Trusting the power of Tao

One can never go wrong.

One who is infused with Tao

does not make people feel inferior

does not threaten

but remains merciful,

connected to his/her life energy...

"wu shen," writes Lao Tzu... "no body"

"wu wo" ........ "no self" ........

Body, emptied, becomes light, free, fresh

Filled with Tao.

Energy flows smooth, clean, pure

Like crystals,

Like clear water....

I like normals. I'd like to be one of them.

I wonder what a normal's life is really like. I think it must be very nice. None of this questioning everything. None of this over-introspective self-absorbed 'who am I really?' BS.

None of this cultivation stuff (that only sort of works).

Ha, so long ago. My strategy now is to be pretty full-on cultivator, even if it means being the spiritual whacko in the room. I guess its becoming more integrated, and I want to be consistent, for the benefit of myself and to possibly teach something to others. I've noticed that over years, people can pick up new beliefs, but slowly, at their own pace--its appears to them that they thought of it themselves. Most of all, I dont find myself hanging out with old friends who are into completely mundane things.

You appear to confirm what Mark Griffin said in a video posted here recently. That if one half of a pair of friends starts meditating, in time they will no longer be friends.

That has also been my experience.

Turns out we weren't actually friends:-)

[/color]

Ignorance is bliss only for the "somatics/ylics".

I like to think of the tao, and most eastern and american relious beliefs as gnostic.

"The Matrix is a system, Neo. That system is our enemy. But when you're inside, you look around, what do you see? Businessmen, teachers, lawyers, carpenters. The very minds of the people we are trying to save. But until we do, these people are still a part of that system and that makes them our enemy. You have to understand, most of these people are not ready to be unplugged. And many of them are so inert, so hopelessly dependent on the system that they will fight to protect it."

The way I see it, reaching enlightenment is only half the goal. Once enlightened, you must find a way to enlighten others, and they won't want it. That's the riddle.

Good stuff :)

This concept of the 3 types of humans is very interesting also - cheers :)