mwight

Normals Just Don't Care...

Anyone else here ever get this... I'm going to vent for a bit so be warned...

Has anyone else here every ever had a friend they tried to turn on to all this cool stuff, like qigong/neigong or tummo meditation, only to be met with the response "oh thats bullshit".

Then you try to show them studies done on these monks like I dunno these:

http://www.hno.harvard.edu/gazette/2002/04.18/09-tummo.html

R-wuOYlxMSY

And you show the video's of people like tummo master wim hof on discovery channel, or him breaking a Guinness world record:

jfCsSDiPZxk

madoDvtKEes

Or documentaries done on John Chang or Ram Bahadur Bomjon

No matter how much testing or who did the documentary... its all just horse shit... it's fake... impossible. etc. etc.

I mean sometimes I just want to beat my head against the wall...

Anyone else here ever feel the same way?

• Like 1

Yea, we are actually a tiny, tiny minority. Last 3 mainstream girls I hit it off with all quickly lost interest once I started opening up about this stuff. Other people just love to mock and scoff at these ideas. We forget how different the muggle world really is, until we venture out of our little bubble here!

Anyhow, I'm through pushing it on anyone and reluctant to even bring it up anymore...would really just like some tolerance is all.

But then I think, maybe I'm just coming off too weak and should stand stronger in my beliefs, and would then get respected more for it (even if still rejected, lol). I dunno! :blink:

Yea, we are actually a tiny, tiny minority. Last 3 mainstream girls I hit it off with all quickly lost interest once I started opening up about this stuff. Other people just love to mock and scoff at these ideas. We forget how different the muggle world really is, until we venture out of our little bubble here!

Anyhow, I'm through pushing it on anyone and reluctant to even bring it up anymore...would really just like some tolerance is all.

But then I think, maybe I'm just coming off too weak and should stand stronger in my beliefs, and would then get respected more for it (even if still rejected, lol). I dunno! :blink:

I don't really get it, exactly though... how can you watch a man run barefoot, almost naked 15 miles in negative degree temps, and swim under an ice covered lake for 200 feet and just say its bullshit.. ignore all the harvard studies... It just boggles my mind.

""'yup discovery channel faked it", that was his response verbatim..

just makes me want to scream...

ugg

Anyone else here ever get this... I'm going to vent for a bit so be warned...

Has anyone else here every ever had a friend they tried to turn on to all this cool stuff, like qigong/neigong or tummo meditation, only to be met with the response "oh thats bullshit".

Then you try to show them studies done on these monks like I dunno these:

http://www.hno.harvard.edu/gazette/2002/04.18/09-tummo.html

R-wuOYlxMSY

And you show the video's of people like tummo master wim hof on discovery channel, or him breaking a Guinness world record:

jfCsSDiPZxk

madoDvtKEes

Or documentaries done on John Chang or Ram Bahadur Bomjon

No matter how much testing or who did the documentary... its all just horse shit... it's fake... impossible. etc. etc.

I mean sometimes I just want to beat my head against the wall...

Anyone else here ever feel the same way?

YEAH. And I married one and am surrounded by the likes and it is NOT all in the delivery.

Its nature and timing and delivery.

And then there is a life to live.

Guest C Yu C He Taiji

Yes I understand what you mean. When I started off on the path I felt a very strong wish to tell everybody I knew what great things can be accomplished and how so much would change if more people tried to journey back to the Dao. But it was only about two years later that I slowly began to understand that this is not the way it works. Even among people with the intention to travel back to the source or your original nature you have a lot of arguments and often enough its more quarreling and fighting than helping and caring for each other, I mean you just have to look at the discussions and arguments about Max and his kunlun teachings here on this board and you can see that not the belief matters, not even the accomplishments (regarding people being able to walk barefoot over hot coals) but only yourself merging with the higher self. Another interesting thing I realized for myself (as I am a person who by nature has a tendency to argue with others and tries to persuade them) is that I regard people only as long as normal as I see myself as something different, I think the truth is we aren't different, we are all the same. Everything comes from the Dao and everything retuerns to the Dao. Personally I stopped discussing such topics with people, that I feel do not want to take what I can offer them. In the Huahujing Laozi says: "Do not think that the enlightened being has the intent to lift normal people to the divine realm. For her there is no self and no other, therefore no one to be raised. No heaven or hell, hence no destination."

Maybe this helps you a bit.

P.s. Please ignore any gramar and spelling mistakes as English is not my native language and I far to impatient to look up every single word. :D

Chrisn

I do sympathise, mwight.

It is isolating, isnt it. funny really, because on one level I am actually isolated in that a lot of the time I am communicating with people it is *entirely on their terms.. and so this creates a gap.. a disparity in awareness.

at the same time because I have this felt knowledge that we are all one, I dont feel the disparity, I feel close.

And I know parts of me are unconscious and in denial and unevolved, too.

* it feels this way to me.. but I know from the amount of feedback that I get, that actually, people are appreciating the 'difference' of my way, even if they arent conscious about what it actually is.

So maybe you are planting seeds. Or having an effect on the rock, as the sea does.

Wrestled with this for many years.

My conclusion; stop trying to impose this on people. They feel invaded, and mostly uncomfortable about losing respect for a person (you) that they basically like and respect.

I feel that there is really no time or point in speaking about something out of the ordinary. The ordinary is way more challenging and interesting.

The times when I truly connect with someone as a consequence of my practice are when I can offer something of myself; my time, my presence, my joy, my pain or my confusion. When I think I am above such things due to my practice, I fail utterly.

Jack Kornfield has a story about a Buddhist nun who when visiting her family during the holidays conluded thus:

"When I am at home making a point out of my buddhism or my buddhist lifestyle or belief, I alienate myself towards my family. But when I embrace just being me; sister, daughter, and forget about Buddhism, I am behaving like a true practitioner."

h

• Like 2

Wrestled with this for many years.

My conclusion; stop trying to impose this on people. They feel invaded, and mostly uncomfortable about losing respect for a person (you) that they basically like and respect.

I feel that there is really no time or point in speaking about something out of the ordinary. The ordinary is way more challenging and interesting.

The times when I truly connect with someone as a consequence of my practice are when I can offer something of myself; my time, my presence, my joy, my pain or my confusion. When I think I am above such things due to my practice, I fail utterly.

Jack Kornfield has a story about a Buddhist nun who when visiting her family during the holidays conluded thus:

"When I am at home making a point out of my buddhism or my buddhist lifestyle or belief, I alienate myself towards my family. But when I embrace just being me; sister, daughter, and forget about Buddhism, I am behaving like a true practitioner."

h

Very nice answer Hagar, thanx.

Mwight, i gave up trying to convince anyone long time ago hehe. Though my closest friends got convinced after a while, they are now believers =) not actively involved but still.

On the main issue, I agree on all that has been said.

Vortex,

how come you are having so much trouble with Taoism when you PU?

I find most of my material comes from Taoism, they love that I am different, that I have something to offer that others cannot, maybe we should start a thread in the personal section. It shouldn't go on google, but among us something for PUT should be shared.

The phrase 'casting pearls before swine' certainly comes to mind, this is why it is really important to have spiritual brothers and sisters on the path, to nurture and remind you of what is truly important in this crazy relentless world

VIRTUE!

• Like 2

I disagree with the topic "Normals just don't care..."

Actually, I particularly take issue with the term "Normals" which I have seen in a couple of posts lately.

It is kind of silly really.

Every person is unique, complex and full of their own personal longings and confusions, joys and love, anger and hurt and each person wrestles with these (until, with age, one realises there is no point to the wrestling) and each person is trying to pick their path to achieve some contentment or happiness or just "basic" peace of mind. When you categorise people for any purpose, you miss so much about every person; you miss their nuances; you miss their quirky sense of humour; you miss their kindness. Frankly, you just miss people entirely.

And, to the other issue of the original post: If your friends think some of the things you know or share with them is bullshit, why do you care? What difference does it make to you whether this person believes what you believe or not?

• Like 1

Dont cast pearls befor swines--meaning dont share with those who are not open to higher truth unless they are seeking--you can mention it but if they show no intrest then dont push the issue--just live your truth and be an example of the power of the force--then they will seek you out. this is my exp.

Peace

• Like 1

... but only yourself merging with the higher self. Another interesting thing I realized for myself (as I am a person who by nature has a tendency to argue with others and tries to persuade them) is that I regard people only as long as normal as I see myself as something different, I think the truth is we aren't different, we are all the same. ...

Good Post!

I have posted this before but it REALLY applies to this topic. The following exercise I do weekly. I also have all my students do this exercise. Amazingly profound experiences are reported.

The Great "Wallyworld" High Level Teachings

Go to your local "really big discount shopping store". Get into your "qi state". Go into the store with the single realization, Everyone I meet is me at a different state of development. Use your SEEING abilities by putting your gaze halfway between yourself and the person you are "SEEING". Do this for about 10-15 minutes as you wander about the store.

This should bring you to a whole new state of awareness. But it can wear off after some time of "walking in the mundane" so one could repeat as often as needed.

Well I mean its not like I try to lecture people on religion or what they should believe. I mean shit if I hang out with them I have to hear about their interests all day like football, and cars, weed, and whores, and such, for hours.

Yet showing them a clip from the discovery channel of a guy running 15 miles half naked and barefoot in negative temps is "obviously fake" swimming under ice for 200ft thats fake, Harvard studies, Guinness world records, yup fake too.

I mean I think its great to be skeptical, I really do, but when confronted with hard evidence like that and not even being willing to entertain the possibility, thats not even skepticism anymore its denial.

As far as I know tummo and mo pai are the only two arts so far that have been validated in such a way, which is why I try hard to stick to information about these systems and exclude almost all the others.

I say give them a taste. everyone who ever mocked reiki (which is a very mockable practice since all the "new age" stuff started becoming popular and a lot of phonies started doing it), or who said they "didn't believe in it" practically passed out after I transferred some to them.

afterwards they may say they still don't believe. they still got pale though...

"Normals" Haha. First one would have to determine what constitutes normal.

Comparison normally leaves someone a loser and the way I see it there aren't any in this case.

"It is our choices...that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities". J.K. Rowling

The "Normals" just might be holding out for a more informed choice. They just might be

holding out for a teacher and a technique that's above reproach, time tested by

many consumers to ensure product effectiveness and determine possible

side-effects.

"Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning". Bill Gates

They're watching and pay attention to what we're doing of that I have no doubt. If the "Normals" truly need it and when the time is right for them they'll jump on board...consider that their path just might be clearer and quick quicker and far easier than ours.

Well I mean its not like I try to lecture people on religion or what they should believe. I mean shit if I hang out with them I have to hear about their interests all day like football, and cars, weed, and whores, and such, for hours.

Yet showing them a clip from the discovery channel of a guy running 15 miles half naked and barefoot in negative temps is "obviously fake" swimming under ice for 200ft thats fake, Harvard studies, Guinness world records, yup fake too.

I mean I think its great to be skeptical, I really do, but when confronted with hard evidence like that and not even being willing to entertain the possibility, thats not even skepticism anymore its denial.

As far as I know tummo and mo pai are the only two arts so far that have been validated in such a way, which is why I try hard to stick to information about these systems and exclude almost all the others.

I hear you man.

I'm working at a place dominated by hard science.

People are not basically curious these days. People want something that can function as a confirmation of their allready existing beliefs and assumtions.

But more basically, people are afraid of being suckers.

Most people want to be right, safe and in order. Exception to the rule are higly sensitive people, people who attain altered states of consciousness unintentionally, or people who are desperate.

In most cases, only the highly desperate stay on.

Comfort or vanity tend to cloud perception after a while.

h

• Like 1

We all do what you started this thread with. Just to illustrate look at your own posts when someone mentions faith;you come down hard(not attacking you-just trying to make a point). A(human's) first responce is defence of his/her territory(perception of self ) Each drinks when thirsty.

I do empathize. Most of what i hear on the CB all day is adolescent gibbrish from "men" my age and older.

On the main issue, I agree on all that has been said.

Vortex,

how come you are having so much trouble with Taoism when you PU?

I find most of my material comes from Taoism, they love that I am different, that I have something to offer that others cannot, maybe we should start a thread in the personal section. It shouldn't go on google, but among us something for PUT should be shared.

Well, I've found that mainstream girls find talk about ascension weird, paranormal abilities creepy and even healthy lifestyle choices like vegetarianism "unmanly" and incompatible.

So, things would start out good with mutual attraction and all, but as soon as I breached these topics...they'd get weirded out and bail. I think a lot of women are simply more impressed with red-blooded, beer-guzzling, meat-lovin' sports fanatics.

Anyhow, since it became a pattern, I suspect it's some internal conflict I've been projecting out...so I'm working on resolving that inside myself. Hopefully, that will help me attract some more tolerant and accepting women this year.

Regarding the PU aspect: it doesn't matter what you say or believe in. You can talk about your goal of attaining rainbow body and taking your light body to travel to Uranus, and it won't matter. In fact it might make things easier, because at least you're interesting and fun. It's always all in the delivery. If you're conflicted internally you will project that out. And the people you're talking to will see it very clearly.

hahahaa....my close friends believe it, but to them it is likened to climbing mt everest. it'd be a cool thing to do, but about a .00002% chance of them ever trying. with my family, its...well, I'm the weird black sheep of my family, so that speaks for itself there...but they kinda just shake their heads instead of frowning upon it.

I don't really get it, exactly though... how can you watch a man run barefoot, almost naked 15 miles in negative degree temps, and swim under an ice covered lake for 200 feet and just say its bullshit.. ignore all the harvard studies... It just boggles my mind.

""'yup discovery channel faked it", that was his response verbatim..

just makes me want to scream...

ugg

why and how can they..

plain lack of interest, no need to focus on, plus sometimes fear. the fear of having to rearrange established mindset that seems to work in a context you seem able to handle. control. do not disturb. "I've already made up my mind".

or

who knows maybe they are the enlightened ones who are past all these philosophic issues and mindboggling matters...the ones that "just do it". (that is; climb the mountains, run the miles, and build like..everything)

Edited by rain