Sign in to follow this  
Cameron

Jesus Christ

What is TTB's opnion of who Jesus was? I have heard it said from Michael Winn that he was a high level practitioner that learned alchemy in Egypt and all the miracles he performed were not for poeple to worship him but to show them the potential of human abilities.

Atleast I think I remember Winn saying something like that.

Of course Christians beleive he is the lord and the savioir. The son of God and the only way to Heaven.

Then there are people who say Jesus is a myth. Just another in a long line of stories since ancient times based on the same virgin birth story .They say there is no factual evidence Jesus even existed.

Then I have talked to christians who say they have solid evidence Jesus did exist.

I guess the heart of the matter is Jesus necissary if he existed? The idea that you need to be saved from original sin.

Sometimes I think Winn maybe right and all the christ talk is just some alchemical code people messed up down through the ages. I remember someone saying Christ was not the son of God but the SUN OF GOD. he was just a metaphor or human version of the spirit of the SUN which shines it rays of warmth and life on all unconditionally. And it is one of many SUNS OF GOD(alot of stars in the sky).

The idea that there is one God who has one son and he has chosen this tiny planet to come to and be sacrificed and die for the sins of man seems....small to me.

So what do you think? Total BS? Christ was a Bodhisattva? an Immortal? Misunderstood?

I'm not sure what the answer to your question is, but the phrase "Son of God" is one of those things people commonly believe began with the Gospels, but didn't.

To become the "Son of A God " was a common goal of magicians at the time. We know this because we have found many different sets of instructions from that period. If anyone is interested, they can find the instructions in "Hermetic Magic: The Postmodern Magical Papyrus of Abaris" by Stephen E Flowers, and also in "The Greek Magical Papyri in Translation : Including the Demotic Spells : Texts" by Hans Dieter Betz. Also, I could recommend some other good resources if anyone is interested. Although I would point out that I have already been down that road (although not quite that far), and have chosen Buddhism as the clearer path.

The people around Jesus would have been totally familiar with this phraseology, and when they were asked who they thought he was, it would have been natural for them to answer "The Son of A God", or, for monotheists, "The Son of God". It is interesting to note that Jesus seems to carefully avoid referring to himself as The Son of God. He usually calls himself "The Son of Man", meaning, "I'm a regular guy". Although when Pontius Pilate says that others are saying Jesus is the Son of God, Jesus says "That is what you say", which was an old fashioned version of our colloquial "you said it!" or "right on!"

I have a book called "sun of god" about the correlations between Jesus, Krishna and Buddha...it seems the 3 motherfuckers were the same motherfucker!

(perhaps there is 1 guru you can learn to access through meditation...)

But anyways, I dont thin jesus was a real human in the flesh in the way most people beleive, more like he is a spirit that reincarnates in us during moments of bliss/samadhi/heart opening.

My favorite theory on good ol' JC can be found through the Gnostics.

Look at the lost gospels, they are on the internet. In the lost gospels, (thomas esp.) is a buttload of wisdom, with a asian flavor! It seems these were the true words of christ...

I also tend to agree with Winn some too.

So anyways, the ultimate theory is that Jesus is the Holy Grail and when you eat his flesh (as A TRUE christian) and drink his blood, you will become 1 and never die.

I have done this! Not sure if I was ready for it at the time, but I will try again. I felt like my heart was moving in waves!

The mushroom called tha amanita muscaria would fold upwards when there is dew and collect rain water, when someone would come along and drink the water they had a psychedellic experience--the holy grail.

When the shamans would pick the amanita, red and white mushies, they would then hang them from trees to dry, this you have "tinsle" and oh yeah, they only grow under pine trees! No wonder Santa could fly with the reindeer's who also like to eat this type of mushroom, and then their noses turn red.

Jon Allegro from Harvard wrote a revolutionary book on all of this, and how the Dead Sea scrolls was based on it...

do yo self a favor and go to

http://www.gnosticmedia.com

And watch the documentary movie made by Jan and Andrew...2012 awaits. They call it the "Aquarius initiation"...

In Light,

GT

I was raised in a very religious Catholic household and went to 12 years of Catholic school. Christianity and Christian imagery is deep in my psyche from this upbringing and I've gone full circle several times processing it. Your timing is funny because I caught this guy on television the other night, oh wait ... important disclaimer: I never watch television. I had just watched a film Lezlie had rented, interesting film btw - The House is Black, short documentary about an Iranian leprosy colony, anyway, after the film I turned the DVD player off and this guy ... maybe you've heard of him, Gene Scott, was on just going on and on about this one verse in the Bible. The guy must be fluent in half a dozen languages, he kept cross referencing parts of the verse in Hebrew and Greek and Spanish. Point being, I watched him for a while and found some of what he was saying oddly resonant with alchemical concepts. I gotta run to work so I can't explain more but he actually went so far as to talk about the life force in blood and how it stays in the bones after death, it was trippy.

My dad just got back from Iran. I would like to visit at some point but my mom is Australian so if I am going to visit any of the families homelands it would be the outback!

In John 10:30 Jesus said "I and the Father are one" then everyone wanted to kill him and he said why and they said because you made yourself equal to God and then he said and then he said in verse 34 "...Is it not written you your law 'I said, you are gods'?"

Basically Jesus says "I am God" and the people freak out to the point of wanting to kill him for blasphemy and then he basically says "but so are you. (and you just don't realize it yet)"

In John 10:34 Jesus said "Is it not written in your Law, 'I have said you are gods?'

Does this seem to indicate Jesus believed and taught non-dualism in a very dualistic culture and most likely why he was executed?

to know particular details of any path it would have to be walked...granted some beginning information and concepts could be had but that is only what's on surface.  

23 hours ago, dmattwads said:

In John 10:34 Jesus said "Is it not written in your Law, 'I have said you are gods?'

Does this seem to indicate Jesus believed and taught non-dualism in a very dualistic culture and most likely why he was executed?

Possibly . Its happened to a few

Mansur el-Hallaj ;  "I am the truth and in my turban is wrapped nothing but God  "

f1eb9b543d350b91902a4d22f04c0e6c--kutipas

Through out the age, generally Sufis where accused of this 'heresey' , that God can be experienced as indwelling the self  and they can become 'one with God' .

" Sufism was seen as emotional and uncontrollable, reaching beyond reason to a state of ecstasy and Truth reached through practices of dancing and physical self-deprivation. It is regarded as a dissenting form of worship at odds with authoritarian power structures."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persecution_of_Sufis

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Nungali said:

God can be experienced as indwelling the self  and they can become 'one with God' .

Hi Nun,

Yes ~ ONE... when within/without is experienced... as part of living/learning forward experientially.

- Anand

Sign in to follow this