Sign in to follow this  
Zhongyongdaoist

Hello, they tell me I can do stand-up...

Yes another overly funny, strange person has registered with The Tao Bums. I am sure many of you will live to regret this day least of all me.

I came across you bums doing a search on Thunder Magic. That in itself should tell you how odd I am. I have many years of study, practice, reflection, etc. on Daoism in its spiritual/philosophical/religious dimensions behind me. I combine it with a long term interest in the Western Esoteric traditions such as Magic, Qabalah, Platonism as it shades into Neo-Platonism, Astrology (Western and Chinese), Esoteric Mathematics, etc. Back in the Eighties I jokingly, but rather accurately, summarized my studies as Cornelius Agrippa meets the Golden Dawn in Medieval China. That said, how do you like me so far?

Donald

• Like 2

It would seem I like you very much :D

Welcome Donald, find a seat, how do you like your tea?

:D

Thank you Stigweard, I like it strong and black. I noticed that you have an interest in the Neiye. To my mind this is an important text, though not as obscure as some would make out. Waley mentions it in his introduction to his Daodejing translation The Way and it's Power. When I first read it I was strongly struck by its connections with the mystical aspects of the Mencian branch of Confucianism, which go way beyond what Roth mentions. I find that the text so interesting that I have created tables that compare the Roth and Rickett translations line by line as well as creating a table of the Chinese characters line by line. Being obsessive compulsive is not an easy job, but somebody has to do it. :rolleyes:

Donald

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this