Smile

It sucks to live in UK

I thought living in US is bad enough when I read this article about how they are banning all regular bulbs in UK and replacing them with fluorescent bulbs. You people should stand up and kick some british a$$ who signed UK up for this sh.it.

The wrong light can really f.ck you up physically - and forget about cultivation...

:angry:

p.s. I'm just tired of this a$$holes doing everything possible to keep people sick, scared and in the dark. Here and there, everywhere.

Actually, the last thing we need is yet more consumer goods containing mercury. Fillings, vaccines, canned tuna, thermometers & now bulbs? The total amount from billions of bulbs must be very substantial - which is only going to contaminate our environment even more.

WTH is wrong with these people? How can they fail to consider this when enacting such a state policy? I just got my fillings replaced for several G's...and to think they are now adding yet MORE mercury to our environment??? :angry: F'n A!

Anyhow, the US & UK are essentially the leading remnants of the Anglo Empire and headquarters for the NW0. So, people in these areas are kept heavily-sedated by mass propaganda and plenty of mind-numbing chemical additives.

Edited by vortex

The UK is worse then the US..... for years now they have had 'face recognition' all over the place. It is pretty bad. The UK passport has had the chip in in for a long time now also.....

You can't even kiss or show affection to your own children anymore in public. I read that they are passing a law that has to make you register in order to hug your child in public. If you don't you can be arrested..... Mind you crime is bad too....

Well you need to do what we did in New Zealand and kick out the Labour government. NZ got fed up with it's nanny state "we know best mentality so we'll legislate to make you do as we want" mentality -- which include ligh bulb restrictions and shower pressure restrictions (http://www.stuff.co.nz/4724057a24663.html). Now we breathe a sigh of relief, the new National (sort of like the Torys) government has promptly dropped it:

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article....jectid=10548446

I'm all for conservation, protecting the environment -- and I might add I practice what I preach -- but I'm also fully in favour of treating adults as mature and educated enough to make the best decisions voluntarily.

Alas in NZ as just elsewhere, nanny state interfering policiticians, and far left radicals masquerading as "Greens", just love the power too much.

I thought living in US is bad enough when I read

???

If I remember right it's already happened in Australia... it is planned for the States and it is planned for Germany to come... it will happen all over the world...

no prob though. They will soon learn about the results...

and then will have to change everything back

everything will be fine

:)

Harry

I read that they are passing a law that has to make you register in order to hug your child in public. If you don't you can be arrested..... Mind you crime is bad too....

you are joking, right?

Can you send me the url or something where you read it. :o

MOBVIS - new system is to be implemented to spy on you using your cell phone.

They will soon learn about the results...

and then will have to change everything back

everything will be fine

Harry

Harry, I like our optimism. :)

They are not stupid and know exactly what they are doing. It's is all intentional to reach the desired outcome.

Barack Obama's 'Black Widow' : The Super Spy Computer

Erm... face recognition chips in UK passports? I've got one right next to me and there is no such in there. In fact, I haven't even seen anything resembling a computer capable of processing the information at our passport desks in airports.

And the reasoning behind banning those lightbulbs is because they use more electricity... The ultimate aim is to replace most conventional light bulbs with LEDs, with the flourescent ones used as a stop-gap. Anyway, it's a EU wide policy which doesn't only affect the UK.

And - please - the Daily Mail and Telegraph as worthy news sources?! Try the Guardian for size.

Do any of you actually live in the UK?

Yours humbly,

James

Edited by .broken.

So what happens when we finally find out that the AGW theory is a vastly overstated farce, and its all the fault of that big shiny thing in the sky?

So what happens when we finally find out that the AGW theory is a vastly overstated farce, and its all the fault of that big shiny thing in the sky?

Our electricity bills will be lower, our vegetables grown in organic and seasonal ways, we'll have learnt to live at one with nature and learnt the importance of balanced lifestyles, we will have disarmed ourselves of nuclear weapons, all our power will be generated from renewable sources, our air will be fresh and clean - as well as our water...

Of course, the above is just as likely as your statement :P

Love and kisses,

James

MOBVIS - new system is to be implemented to spy on you using your cell phone.

Harry, I like our optimism. :)

They are not stupid and know exactly what they are doing. It's is all intentional to reach the desired outcome.

Barack Obama's 'Black Widow' : The Super Spy Computer

You are so right, brother... unfortunately.

There was a study that uprooted an interesting fact of our cultural reality. A group of people who are clinically depressed and a group of happy-happy-joy-joy optimists were each asked to make certain predictions about the near-future events -- economy, crime, wars, ecology, climate, health, family, whatever -- things that could be checked and verified as to the accuracy of the predictions in a short while. Turned out people who are depressed come up with predictions of the future that prove 85% accurate, as opposed to only 15% accuracy of the optimists' predictions.

So... if one wants to know the future, if one really needs to be able to plan for the future (e.g., for the sake of one's kids... or someone else's kids for that matter, which is not an altogether useless pursuit, IMHO)...

...the first thing one needs to cultivate is courage, the second, honesty, the third, getting rid of just one attachment:

an attachment to wishful thinking.

Erm... face recognition chips in UK passports? I've got one right next to me and there is no such in there. In fact, I haven't even seen anything resembling a computer capable of processing the information at our passport desks in airports.

And the reasoning behind banning those lightbulbs is because they use more electricity... The ultimate aim is to replace most conventional light bulbs with LEDs, with the flourescent ones used as a stop-gap. Anyway, it's a EU wide policy which doesn't only affect the UK.

And - please - the Daily Mail and Telegraph as worthy news sources?! Try the Guardian for size.

Do any of you actually live in the UK?

Yours humbly,

James

My passport does have a chip in it - not sure what its for though. I agree about the lightbulbs - whats wrong with cutting down on on electricity use?

I don't like the 'nanny state' but lets not get carried away. Its the age of IT and we will just have to live with all this - its inevitable and not all sinister. The UK is still a place where individual liberty is valued as much if not more than most places. I refuse to vote Tory anyway.

I live in the UK.

Its OK!

The future of lighting is LED...

LED's will outlive you and be far more efficient than CFL lights and have no mercury, also they will be dimable.

I agree about the lightbulbs - whats wrong with cutting down on on electricity use?

Cutting down on human health, is what's wrong with it in this particular case. I don't get it, folks, anyone who practices anything is equipped to feel it... don't you feel what fluorescent light does to you?.. Well, one thing it does is, it causes gross vitamin A deficiency, because it pulsates in the on-off rhythm, fast enough for the average uncultivated eye not to notice, not fast enough for the brain not to notice. The brain gets this on-off, light-dark-lignt-dark signals from the retina under the fluorescent light continuously. What it does is activates the rodes, the cones, the rodes, the cones, the rodes, the cones in response to this nonstop on-off stimulus continuously. Every time it does, it needs to use a portion of rhodopsin, the pigment used by the retina for the light-dark switching process. This is synthesized with ample amounts of vitamin A. A few minutes under a fluorescent light bulb deplete an average dietary amount one has down to zero. With failing rhodopsin production in response to this kind of demand, next thing in the pipeline is all manner of "age-related" eye disorders. Except they aren't age-related at all. They are artificially manufactured in this manner.

To say nothing about what chronic vitamin A deficiency does to all other organs and systems that need it.

To say nothing about what this unphysiological frequency of on-off hypothalamus-pituitary-pineal involvement does to the normal electrical activity in the brain -- and to all the hormonal systems that depend on that axis for their proper production and function.

To say nothing about these hypnotic pulsations being CNS suppressors of the dumbing-down kind.

To say nothing about it all triggering epilepsy in the sensitive, ADD and migraines in the somewhat less sensitive, and all manner of intractable fatigue/low-energy goodies in the rest of us.

To say nothing about, as Smile asserted in the initial post with 100% accuracy, forget about cultivation under this light bulb. It's not cultivation, it's spiritual malnutrition, is all you're getting.

That's the tip of the iceberg of what's wrong with it, the topmost inch or two...

I get really frustrated with humanity, do you guys realize we could be Gods right now? I mean seriously, we could be masters of this reality, using energy and thought to mold this reality into whatever we desired. No death, access to knowledge undreamed of whatever we wanted. It would just require us buckling down and working towards gaining a true understand of reality via science. Instead 99.9999% of humanity slaves away each day to produce useless shit for everyone else to consume. We spend more on god damn makeup each year than we do on all the science, research and education costs. I am glad our priorities are strait.

Sometimes it makes me sick how much of our potential we really waste..

Edited by mwight

I don't like the 'nanny state' but lets not get carried away. Its the age of IT and we will just have to live with all this - its inevitable and not all sinister. The UK is still a place where individual liberty is valued as much if not more than most places. I refuse to vote Tory anyway.

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both."

- Benjamin Franklin ;)

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both."

- Benjamin Franklin ;)

Well we were all lost years ago then! Most of the threats to individual liberty in the UK arise either from the EU, e.g. light bulb issue ...

"The report also says the switch will reduce carbon dioxide emissions by 12 million tonnes a year, and save energy equivalent to the consumption of 11 million European households.

Mr Piebalgs said that the phasing out had to be gradual so that "production facilities could adapt to the new lighting" and the quality of illumination could be ensured.

"European homes will keep the same quality of lighting, while saving energy, CO2 and money," he said.

Several nations including Australia, New Zealand, Canada and the Philippines have already announced they will phase out or restrict sales of traditional bulbs."

source : http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/7772412.stm

or the Prevention of Terrorism Act which was passed because of the Bush/Blair loony 'war on terror' idea. Actually the UK lived for years and years under the threat of terror from the IRA who placed bombs in mainland city centres and pubs and so on (funded partly by Noraid from US). The current paranoia comes from being influenced by the US reaction to 9/11 and so on and Blair being naive enough to join in the Iraq invasion (depleted uranium shells being more environmentally harmful than light bulbs I would guess).

It doesn't suck to live in the UK - far from perfect I agree and far too easily influenced by US and EU. All technology has risks and I worked for years in offices lit by traditional flourescent tubes. I believe that meditation and cultivation makes the human organism more adaptive and thus more able to deal with environmental factors. And I still welcome the reduction in energy consumption, less CO2 emission and good news for polar bears etc.

Edited by apepch7

Traditional bulbs are a big waste, flourescent tubes are also dinosaur era. There has been vast improvements in lighting efficiency that have not yet been universalized, not just LED but other technologies.

I have a loathing for the internal combustion engine, I wish Britain would lead in getting rid of that. I hear Israel is planning to switch to electric cars.

One can't look at a computer screen, television set or use flourescent lightbulbs (because they all operate on a 50-100Hz basis) and be able to experience real progress in one's cultivation?

Sorry, but this is entirely contradictory to my experience.

de_paradise, I agree with you, but I don't think it'll happen with the large number of 'petrol heads' we have in this country. You only need to look at the presenter of Top Gear, Jeremy Clarkson, to know what I'm talking about :) Thankfully he was made to look like an arse on the recent Have I Got News For You. On the bright side, the UK was the first to have a climate change bill which wouldn't have happened without the campaigning of Friends of the Earth - they've even managed to strengthen it little by little. Here's to hoping that they are able to bring about the death of the internal combustion engine too.

Yours,

James

Edited by .broken.

I think if anything real petrol-heads would actually benefit greatly from electric or hydrogen mainstream cars...

like a fine wine a good car should be appreciated as something special - used on special occasions or enjoyed as a hobby not an everyday workhorse...