Sign in to follow this  
ralis

Soaring Crane and Chi-Lel Qigong

Has anyone done Soaring Crane? I am a little suspicious because of the statement in the DVD's that it is approved by some Chinese sports commission.

Chi-lel is supposed to be a safer and improved version of Soaring Crane. Dr. Pang who originated Chi-Lel has made numerous claims as to the effectiveness of his version.

Anyone have knowledge or experience?

ralis

Has anyone done Soaring Crane? I am a little suspicious because of the statement in the DVD's that it is approved by some Chinese sports commission.

Chi-lel is supposed to be a safer and improved version of Soaring Crane. Dr. Pang who originated Chi-Lel has made numerous claims as to the effectiveness of his version.

ralis

I used to do Soaring Crane. - about 2 years

I liked it

Certainly nothing dangerous about it.

I used to do Soaring Crane. - about 2 years

I liked it

Certainly nothing dangerous about it.

Did you learn from the DVD or a teacher?

ralis

Have studied both, my comments are as follows:

Soaring Crane: studied it more than 15 years ago and also did workshops with the creator of the system, I found it to be a good basic system with various exercise sets, the only thing I found that could be dangerous is the 'spontaneous', there did not seem to be any lead up or control, people ended up leaping around the room and sometimes hurt themselves, also if someone is a little mentally unbalanced it could tip them over the edge[people saw devils etc][apparently they had some problems in China over this-lets hope they solved them]

Chi Lel: studied it over 10 years ago, excellent exercise set, I found it to be very good for 'pulling energy from the universe', did not find anything dangerous in it.Appears to have a legitimate lineage, its creator ran a military Qigong hospital.

For a pure exercise set that has a good lineage I think that the 'Wild Goose' system is probably the best-many other systems borrowed from it.

The two systems are unalike although there may be a few moves that look the same, As I Asaid I studied them some years ago, they may have been modified since then.

I would like to add the rider that these systems are for self help, they do not prepare you to heal others-this is a different discipline.

Have studied both, my comments are as follows:

Soaring Crane: studied it more than 15 years ago and also did workshops with the creator of the system, I found it to be a good basic system with various exercise sets, the only thing I found that could be dangerous is the 'spontaneous', there did not seem to be any lead up or control, people ended up leaping around the room and sometimes hurt themselves, also if someone is a little mentally unbalanced it could tip them over the edge[people saw devils etc][apparently they had some problems in China over this-lets hope they solved them]

Chi Lel: studied it over 10 years ago, excellent exercise set, I found it to be very good for 'pulling energy from the universe', did not find anything dangerous in it.Appears to have a legitimate lineage, its creator ran a military Qigong hospital.

For a pure exercise set that has a good lineage I think that the 'Wild Goose' system is probably the best-many other systems borrowed from it.

The two systems are unalike although there may be a few moves that look the same, As I Asaid I studied them some years ago, they may have been modified since then.

I would like to add the rider that these systems are for self help, they do not prepare you to heal others-this is a different discipline.

great post

There were some people flipping around where I learned. The floors were carpeted and never saw anyone get hurt.

I never had these type of experiences. One should be able to stop them if they get too wild. Some people enhance them so they feel like something is happening.

Guest sykkelpump

ralis

Dont know soaring crane,but did chi lel regulary for about a year.Didnt really have any benefits at all from it.

I have learned and practiced Soaring Crane before

I must have missed the part of the practice that involves spontaneous movement-

i learned the 5 routines and standing meditation- never was instructed or practiced any spontaneous movement... the standing that i learned as part of this set was just holding the ball (embracing) posture at the level of the upper, middle, and lower dan tiens and then a closing movement

i learned the first routine years and years ago from my first taiji teacher- we used it as a warm up sometimes

did not know what it was until i learned the the soaring crane set about 9 or ten years ago...

don't really practice it much now... but it is a good medical or general qi gong

i don't understand what is dangerous about it

when i heard about that i tried to search online to find out what happened...

and all i could find was that one of the hand gestures where changed - as the hand passes downward by the head the direction of the palm was changed slightly so that the acupoint in the head would not be overly energized- (or something to that effect)

soaring crane is a great general set...

for someone looking to get into qi gong practice i would say that some of the benefits include:

doesn't take too long or too short

works most of the body

is not just a couple movements repeated (makes you feel like you really learned something- and not too boring to practice

includes standing mediation at the end (was told that is the most important part)

and some of the cons would be:

its a modern form

but supposedly has a good track record as a medical qi gong

don't know anything about Chi-Lel

Franklin

includes standing mediation at the end (was told that is the most important part)

Franklin

The standing meditation was where spontaneous movement occurred.

As stated before never happened to me.

Sign in to follow this