Sign in to follow this  
hyok

Moon Phase Time pieces

I've been in the market for a good time piece that has a moon phase display to help remind me of the transitioning phases of the moon. Out of curiosity, I looked up the most expensive watches in the world, this led me to a Forbes article which displayed time pieces that ranged from nearly $1 million to a paltry $350k. What I found interesting was that in nearly every one of these watches there was a moon phase display (hmm).

montre-Vacheron-Constantin-Tour-de-l-Ile-Recto-et-Verso.jpg

All yours for 3 easy payments of $225,000.00.

Any of you taobums sportin' a Moon Phase watch? I've got my eye on a few of them from the $80 to $1,000 range, but i'm still playing with my budget to see what is affordable and whether or not a quality time piece is something i'm in the market for, but i'm definitely in the market for a moon phase watch.

Edited by hyok

Here's an interesting watch I came across while browsing the web. It's called the YES watch....

YES2-Watch-Description.jpg

From Gaiam.com

The Yes Watch revolutionizes the way you perceive time. Created by a brilliant Norwegian designer passionate about getting back to time's natural rhythms, this watch keeps you in tune with the sun, moon and seasons 24/7. The watch face shows in graphical format the length of days and nights, and the current phase of the moon. The digital readout shows time of day, sunrise, sunset, moonrise, moonset, solar noon, and the dates and times of new and full moons.

The watch also features alarms, a compass, high and low tide indicators, and solstice and equinox alerts, and it reveals the time in 583 cities around the world. By merging machine time with your natural rhythm, the Yes Watch will instantly become your favorite watch of all time.

And there's also the Kundalini YES Watch.

you think maybe they know who their target audience? ehh? EHHHH?? :huh:

L106.4.jpg

Kinda pricey but there's a leather strap version on Gaiam.com that goes for $395.

I think i'm sold.

Edited by hyok

Sign in to follow this