Spirit Ape

Magnetic Qi Kung

$187.00 !!! I'll let someone else test that one :lol:

I think this is the system Peter Ragnar sells in blitz magazine telling people they can edge grip stacks of 45lb weight plates? IIRC nobody has posted "results" on the net. So if people are trying this they are not telling anyone!

I think it has been discussed here before. I remember people saying that you can get the magnets by themselves rather cheaply.

edit: here http://www.thetaobums.com/index.php?showto...ht=Peter+Ragnar

Not so much this system but I find magnets rather interesting. I have a bio-magnetic back brace that seems to make my back feel better than just a support without magnets.

Hi Mal,

Happy new year and all the B.S! Ive always wondered if the Magnets would be good or bad placed on or above energy centres, Would the Magnets drain you if placed the wrong way around etc?

take it easy

Ape

I bought a strong magnet from Edmunds Scientific placed the correct side against my third eye and could feel definite stimulation. Only tried it once and I forget the right orientation, so it's a sidelined project.

I recall practicing Tai Chi Ruler with magnets at the ends of the ruler which would make contact with Lao Gong on each hand-didnt seem to make any discernable difference

If you held the qi ball with the magnets apart some distances i wonder how much difference it would feel with the contraction or pushing the hands away and if it would do anything to your own energy.

Thanks guys for the replies...

Ape

Anyone recently tried the Magnetic Qi Kung course or use magnets in there training that ddnt see this thread already?

What side of the magnet would be most powerful the positive to the Lao Gong or the negative?

Ape

Anyone recently tried the Magnetic Qi Kung course or use magnets in there training that ddnt see this thread already?

What side of the magnet would be most powerful the positive to the Lao Gong or the negative?

Ape

negative = receptive?

I use north pole - negative polarity toward the body.

There is a mild effect, not as useful as qigong but useful. I wouldn't bother trying to use them for qigong practice - will be an unneeded distraction.

bubble guts...

Never mind I looked it up, Thanks.

Edited by jai64

I see TV adds regarding healing magnets for beds and car seat covers to help with arthrtis and circulation I dont know if it works but interested in seeing if anyone has used this guys program.

Ape

I see TV adds regarding healing magnets for beds and car seat covers to help with arthrtis and circulation

I have a bio magnetic back brace that I use ocasionally ( the guy selling them on TV use to ride bikes)

Works. I was hoping to return it for the refund :) Seems better than just keeping my back warm (clothing / liniments) or just support from other braces.

Though it was south towards the body, but we might be doing different things and I rarely play with magnets.

I tried that course back when i was stationed in okinawa and had some money to burn. I was pretty surprised actually. It was (until then) the strongest sensation of qi i had ever felt. I still have the magnets and occasionally use them for zhan zhuang if i cant go outside. (i live on the second floor).

yep thats kind of a funny story. i bought them but before i got a chance to really try them out, i got sent to afghanistan where i had LOTS of money to burn so i just bought another set. so now i have two sets sitting in my training room =P

I thought they were pretty interesting but i've tried so many things they kind of got lost in the mix. my current practice takes up plenty of time and i usually have so little time to begin with that i usually dont even try playing with some of my older toys. :D

given what i understand about zhan zhuang where it applies here; i suspect that if your ready for them and you use them properly, they should be really helpful in more than a few ways.

What is the best magnets to use and most powerful for the Lao Gung points, im looking at trying something out i need the size of a 50cent piece in Oz money.

Anyone got any information on the best and most powerful magnets for the Lao Gung points?

Ape