Sign in to follow this  
Stigweard

Taoist Study Group

:D

I have been contemplating starting up a study group centred around the teachings Master Ni Hua Ching. I have been studying on my own for quite awhile and would love to experience the benefit of shared input, growth and learning.

The proposed study group would operate in this way:

~ Follow the course outline of "The Introduction to Spiritual Self-Development Home Study Program" provided by The College of Tao

~ Part I. The Integral Way of Life, uses the following foundation books:

Enrich Your Life with Virtue

Harmony - The Art of Life

The Gentle Path of Spiritual Progress

~ We would work through these books a chapter at a time giving each chapter a fortnight of discussion and reflection.

Note that you would not have to enroll with the College of Tao, just having the source books would be sufficient. The benefits of enrollment is that you would recieve a certificate of completion for each of the three parts and be eligible to become a certified Mentor with the Integral Way Society. The choice would be entirely yours.

If you would be interested post your expression of interest or PM me. With sufficient interest I endeavour to start with "Enrich your Life With Virtue" in 3 weeks which will give you enough time to purchase the text.

Blessings,

The second book looks appealing to me, but I don't know if I can commit because in the last few years my desire to read books has dropped precariously. Hua Ching Ni is a master of the caliber that I need to look up to, you know, after having the teacher I did, that's a difficult act to follow. Right now I'm reading The Holy Science by Sri Yukteswar, a book commissioned by Babaji. Now there's two masters I can look up to. I might read The Primal Scream one of these days too.

The second book looks appealing to me, but I don't know if I can commit because in the last few years my desire to read books has dropped precariously. Hua Ching Ni is a master of the caliber that I need to look up to, you know, after having the teacher I did, that's a difficult act to follow. Right now I'm reading The Holy Science by Sri Yukteswar, a book commissioned by Babaji. Now there's two masters I can look up to. I might read The Primal Scream one of these days too.

Harmony, The Art of Life has some excellent info in it including an intro to the elemental system and also instruction for natural and spiritual sexual harmony.

Finding someone who has blazed a reliable path is a true blessing, I agree with you there.

I'm in... Coincidentally, I was already planning on ordering a few of Master Ni's books in the next month to keep me company while I move back overseas next month. Might as well be these three, so I placed the order. Amazon's got quite a few copies of the second two titles at pretty good used prices. And if you trust your memory, you could sign up for their credit card, get the free $30 credit, buy the books, pay down the balance, and cancel that thing before it even arrives at your doorstep along with your three almost-free books. I'm just sayin'...

I'm in... Coincidentally, I was already planning on ordering a few of Master Ni's books in the next month to keep me company while I move back overseas next month. Might as well be these three, so I placed the order. Amazon's got quite a few copies of the second two titles at pretty good used prices. And if you trust your memory, you could sign up for their credit card, get the free $30 credit, buy the books, pay down the balance, and cancel that thing before it even arrives at your doorstep along with your three almost-free books. I'm just sayin'...

YAY! :D

Welcome aboard walker. Cheers for the Amazon tip.

We will be starting with Enrich Your Life With Virtue if you want to prioritize your purchase.

Blessings,

Sign in to follow this