wudangquan

Best lesson of 2008 (which is applicable to all)

If you don't want to see others' thirsty faces, do not show them yours.

(Thirsty being a Chicago slang adjective used to succinctly describe behavior that is conniving, scheming, selfish, dishonest, and attempting-to-dominate or undermine--or a combination of those things. I guess this lesson is pretty self-evident, but it actually took me till last year to learn it, hah!)

Take a chance;step of faith

even if it doesn't work you learn

tryyy it;you'll liiike it :)

year 5769 according to Hebrew calander(offered as just an interesting aside)

"Easy is right. Begin right and you are easy. Continue easy and you are right.

The right way to go easy is to forget the right way

And forget that the going is easy."

Chuang Tzu

Wu wei - the universe has it's own timetable.

Breathing in know that you are breathing in. Breathing out know that you are breathing out.

well loads of lessons

but i think the biggest one and the one that lasted through the whole year was

energy: be careful about taking, giving, sealing, and reaping your and others energy

And 2009 seems to be: when its time to work, work.

the year of the Ox?

----------

lesson;

return to the source.

The lesson of/for the body:

pay attention!

The lesson of/for the mind:

backstabbers are, shockingly enough, more common than you thought they were.

The lesson of/for the spirit:

buy an ax, buy a bucket and a cauldron and some matches, chop the wood, carry the water, start the fire, fill the cauldron with water and put it over the fire, throw in the magic, stir, sit back and wait for when it's ready.

And 2009 seems to be: when its time to work, work.

the year of the Ox?

Yes! Did you see the interview with Henning Hai Lee in Magasinet?? Though Im not really into chinese astrology, just my own life rythm. What animal was the year of 2008?

Yes! Did you see the interview with Henning Hai Lee in Magasinet?? Though Im not really into chinese astrology, just my own life rythm. What animal was the year of 2008?

it still is the Year of the Rat (we'll be in it til the Lunar New Year)

Down to earth?? Really?? I'll see if I find it...

An astrologer in DN. What's the world coming to.

Have they crossed over to the dark side?

My girlfriend once called Henning Hai Lee to propose a collaboration on an art project. He immediately, without hesitation accepted. As if he knew beforehand.

My best lesson from 08: Timing is everything. and I mean everything.

Apologies for not replying to your earlier posts Rain and SZ.

Ble for opptatt i julestria.

h

An astrologer in DN. What's the world coming to.

Have they crossed over to the dark side?

It was not THAT down to earth. He was actually very surprised that his prediction was right. hahaha, thats some serious astrologer! :D

I got some sort of distant respect for Henning Hai Lee when I saw him market himself as the "Best furtuneteller in the WORLD" many years ago. I dont know if its irony or a really big ego. Maybe a charming combination of both.

It was not THAT down to earth. He was actually very surprised that his prediction was right. hahaha, thats some serious astrologer! :D

I got some sort of distant respect for Henning Hai Lee when I saw him market himself as the "Best furtuneteller in the WORLD" many years ago. I dont know if its irony or a really big ego. Maybe a charming combination of both.

Ha, maybe I'm not so down to earth as I thought then :) . But rereading the article I say he comes out more modest than surprised ;) he says its just not his force to predict about the future, he's more into personal counseling.

He's recent readings are that Pluto is moving from sagarittus to capricorn and religious fanatic conflicts will be overshadowed by exposure of powerstrugglers on resources and financial ruthlessness. Possibly old well established authorities will overpower smaller nations, so that democracy as we know it today may vanish.

He also predicts that China will have a key role. Through 2010-2012. ok. blabla.

ok sorry digression.

I repeat best lesson in 2008; -return to source it was..

Edited by rain

My best lesson of 2008 is being aware of being in the world and being of it when I should be in the world and not of it. As Matthew 6:24 states: "No servant can be the slave of two masters; for either he will hate the first and love the second, or he will be devoted to the first and think nothing of the second. You cannot serve both God and Money". In my case the second master wasn't money but just a lack of renunciation. Funny, for a puported Buddhist I do like to quote the Bible but as its says in The Dhammapada "One who lives as though the things of the world were pure, with senses unguarded and appetite immoderate, lazy and weak, will be overpowered by bedevilment, like a tree blown over by the wind".

Edited for typo in quote.

Edited by rex