Mak_Tin_Si

Tao is Simple (explaination)

As requested from the moderator of TaoBum, I have moved to this forum : http://www.daoismworld.com right now.

So if you want to talk to me or ask me anything about Taoism, please feel free to go over to this forum and enjoy the new forum. New members for discussion are also welcomed.

http://www.daoismworld.com

Mak Tin Si

Edited by Mak_Tin_Si

Typically, traditions all around the world (including Taoism!) state that mastering oneself is the key, and mastering the forces of the world is secondary. They all tend to say that when you master yourself or come to know yourself, everything else falls in place.

It seems that your tradition is great at dealing with issues in life. But that has nothing to do with realization of the Tao. It's like pulling leaves off of a branch that's obstructing your view, rather than cutting down the branch altogether.

I wouldn't call you a Taoist master.

As requested from the moderator of TaoBum, I have moved to this forum : http://www.daoismworld.com right now.

So if you want to talk to me or ask me anything about Taoism, please feel free to go over to this forum and enjoy the new forum. New members for discussion are also welcomed.

http://www.daoismworld.com

Mak Tin Si

Edited by Mak_Tin_Si

Typically, traditions all around the world (including Taoism!) state that mastering oneself is the key, and mastering the forces of the world is secondary. They all tend to say that when you master yourself or come to know yourself, everything else falls in place.

It seems that your tradition is great at dealing with issues in life. But that has nothing to do with realization of the Tao. It's like pulling leaves off of a branch that's obstructing your view, rather than cutting down the branch altogether.

I wouldn't call you a Taoist master.

Nicely said and very true, Scotty, but you (we) are wasting out time ...

YM

FU (talisman) is a tool used in taoism to help one realize tao too. If you do not know what this is, you may think it is just something taoist dependdent on. But no, it is not. It is actually an ability that we gained by training in taoism to communicate with nature. Another language, another form of communication, with nature, the pre-heaven and the post-heaven stage. If you did not get it, then there are much more to "realize".

Mak Tin Si

Hey Mak, some say you aren't a master but I think you are. I also believe that things like FUs can work and can be helpful, it's a wonderful manifestation of the mystery.

Anyone can claim self-mastery, but the evidence is found in their interactions with "others" and their "dealing with issues".

Edited by Martial Development

Hey Mak, some say you aren't a master but I think you are. I also believe that things like FUs can work and can be helpful, it's a wonderful manifestation of the mystery.

What is a master?

1. A master is someone who has opened all 72,000 nadi's/channels.

2. Reached all 22 levels

3. Has his 3rd eye open all the time

4. Union with the Source.

5. Wears the Buddha Crown

6. This person can travel to anywhere in the universe through thought alone.

Do you think a True master will waste his time here on this forum? No

one here is a True master. Everyone here is learning, at one level

or another, but No one is a True master here.

If you are a true master, you would not claim to be either. That is

the humility of a True master. No one here has showed any

sense of humility from what I can tell. They just defend their

sect. This is called still learning.

What is a master?

2. Reached all 22 levels

Wow dargonfire!

I think "True Masters" still have to learn too. Though I have know of a few that decided to not partake in the hustle and bustle of everyday life that we lead. They either chose to remove themselves from society or chose to die at a date and time of their own choosing.

Anyhow, what made you came to think of the list above. IMO, there are some that have chosen not to give up, yet. They decide to live amongst us and leave their transmissions.

What is a master?

2. Reached all 22 levels

i would totally waste time on this forum if i was a master! its always lonely near the top.

Wow dargonfire!

I think "True Masters" still have to learn too. Though I have know of a few that decided to not partake in the hustle and bustle of everyday life that we lead. They either chose to remove themselves from society or chose to die at a date and time of their own choosing.

Anyhow, what made you came to think of the list above. IMO, there are some that have chosen not to give up, yet. They decide to live amongst us and leave their transmissions.

A true master has mastered the earthly realm. His only learning is elsewhere, not of the human realm. He

stays to help because he feels sorry. He does not go to seek students. If it is meant to be, the student will find him. There are many people here that have obtained a certain level, some very high levels, but no one is a true master. These people are teachers of what they do know. There is nothing wrong with that, but to

call one's self a master shows no humility. I would use teacher, instead of master.

There are plenty of teachers out there. Some teach middle school, high school, college. The higher

you go up the more educated/qualified the teacher. A college professor is probably closer to what I would call

a master. So ask one self, where do I place in this yard stick? Do I only know enough to

teach middle school? high school? or college? Does a middle school teacher teaching math

call herself a college math teacher?

How can a master be lonely, when he has the universe to play with. You only have earth.

It's not wise to assume what being a master is like without having any experience in the matter.

:lol:

I never said i was a master, but I sure do know what a master should be experiencing because

I have a true master. My posts are all to try to learn/teach. I want to help educate

those that are learning and think for themselves.

If you think that my comments are not what a true master is, feel free to add to it, or change it.

What is a master?

2. Reached all 22 levels

true masters still learn from even better true masters...

The mountain grows as you reach the mountain top : )

This is kind of a good discussion I think...

I never said i was a master, but I sure do know what a master should be experiencing because

I have a true master.

In order to know someone is a master, you have to be a master yourself. Otherwise you might be fooled by someone who is more advanced than you, but isn't actually a master.

My posts are all to try to learn/teach. I want to help educate

those that are learning and think for themselves.

Cool. Me too.

If you think that my comments are not what a true master is, feel free to add to it, or change it.

K...

What is a master?

2. Reached all 22 levels

Maybe that's all what makes a master. I don't know, because I'm not at that level, and people who I've met who apparently are...I can't verify these things about them because they seem like fairly normal human beings to me. How could you verify that someone is opened. That they've reached 22 levels (of what??). That their third eye is constantly open. That their in union with the source (permanently?). That they wear a buddha crown (do you see it?). That they can travel anywhere at will (have you verified that?).

Maybe a true master would come here. Can't they think for themselves? Or do they have to follow a set of rules that tells them how to behave?

Do they really have better things to do? :lol:

If masters prefer to teach seekers, this would be one of the best places to come.

Maybe if someone was a master they would choose to not beat around the bush, and they'd admit: yes I have mastered everything.

I don't see what humility has to do with it at all. If you either are, or aren't, then denying it is lying.

If someone is too humble to admit that they're a master, it's because they aren't a master. They're telling you the truth: that there's further to go and more to do.

masters shmasters.. It's all relative... Be where you are...

Agreed.

A true master has mastered the earthly realm. His only learning is elsewhere, not of the human realm. He

stays to help because he feels sorry. He does not go to seek students. If it is meant to be, the student will find him. There are many people here that have obtained a certain level, some very high levels, but no one is a true master. These people are teachers of what they do know. There is nothing wrong with that, but to

call one's self a master shows no humility. I would use teacher, instead of master.

There are plenty of teachers out there. Some teach middle school, high school, college. The higher

you go up the more educated/qualified the teacher. A college professor is probably closer to what I would call

a master. So ask one self, where do I place in this yard stick? Do I only know enough to

teach middle school? high school? or college? Does a middle school teacher teaching math

call herself a college math teacher?

How can a master be lonely, when he has the universe to play with. You only have earth.

Stigweard's School of Universal Knowledge

playgroup.jpg

:D

Daniel Ingram makes a great argument that someone who is enlightened will say they are enlightened. When asked who he was, the Budhha said he was "awake".

And Daniel Ingram says he's an arahat...and he sounds believable...but wtf do I know? :lol: