Sign in to follow this  
Long Yun

Cool experience

Hello folks,

Last night I sat in half lotus (working on full lotus, but not there yet) while saying some prayers on a mala. I wasn't really saying mantras, but I was saying the same prayer over and over, so sorta. Anyway, I was so deep in the feeling of oneness with the universe and everything in it that I couldn't help but smile. I got a really intense feeling of pressure in my head and ear canal, sort of like when you change altitude really quickly but not exactly. After I went around the mala completely, with three rests in between, my whole body felt awesome like it was totally clean.

Anyway, I really liked the experience but does it sound like I should do more grounding exercises? The pressure in my head was almost worrying me but I didn't really let it enter my mind during the meditation. Let me know what you think.

I've always figure the strange head sensations were from the constant intonations and the vibrations cleaning things out both physically and spiritually. Mantras have a special effect on the third eye also. Repeating a prayer is mantra, btw.

Hello folks,

Last night I sat in half lotus (working on full lotus, but not there yet) while saying some prayers on a mala. I wasn't really saying mantras, but I was saying the same prayer over and over, so sorta. Anyway, I was so deep in the feeling of oneness with the universe and everything in it that I couldn't help but smile. I got a really intense feeling of pressure in my head and ear canal, sort of like when you change altitude really quickly but not exactly. After I went around the mala completely, with three rests in between, my whole body felt awesome like it was totally clean.

Anyway, I really liked the experience but does it sound like I should do more grounding exercises? The pressure in my head was almost worrying me but I didn't really let it enter my mind during the meditation. Let me know what you think.

harmony of above - human - below can stop this pressure in your head and ear canal....

first help is circling on yong quan - (kidney one)

but then

let qi flow - never concentrate on one point - this will cause big problems

always practising little and big orbit - xiao, da zhou tian

a nice exercise for this is ba duan jin #1

雙手托天理三焦 、三焦通暢疾病消。

the three fields in harmony with qi floating ...diseases diminish...

you know it?

san1_jiao1_tong1_chang4.gif

Edited by Riyue

Sign in to follow this