Sign in to follow this  
RON JEREMY

WIKKI SOFTWARE

I BORROWED SOME WEB SPACE FROM A COMPUTER GUY FRINED O MINE N WAS PLAYIN WITH PHPWIKKI N TIKKIWIKKI SOFTWARES, I THINK WE SHOULD INSTALL HERE PHPWIKKI ASAP, IT'S VERY EASY N TO DA POINT,

HOW-EVER,

TIKKIWIKKI IS EVERYTHIN AT SAME TIME, IT CAN BE A FORUM, A WIKKI, A CHAT, A BLOG, A FILE N IMAGE GALLERY, BUT IT'S ALSO A BIT COMPLICCATED FOR PEOPLE WHO JUST WANNA CRACK SOME DIRTY JOKES LIKE MESELF.

SO CHECK EM OUT:

1) http://phpwiki.sourceforge.net/

2) http://tikiwiki.org/tiki-index.php

BYE NOW

RJ

I THINK WE CAN HAVE ONE OF TWO SETUPS:

1) THIS FORUM + PHPWIKKI: PHPWIKKI WILL MAKE DA INNITIAL HOME PAGE (READ ONLY) WITH A LIK TO THIS FORUM N LINKS TO DA READ/WRITE WIKKI PAGES.

2) DA TIKKIWIKKI PACKAGE ALONE, , THAT ONE HAS ALL WE MAY EVER NEED, FORUM, CHAT, BLOG, WIKKIS ETC ETC, HOW-EVER, IT IS INTIMMIDATIN N WELL, JUST TOO NERDY FOR MOST OF US.

I PREFFER SETUP 1 , BUT SETUP 2 HAS A LOT MORE FEATURES. BUT HERE WE DONT CARE SO MUCH FOR FEATURES AS MUCH FOR CONTENT, N SETUP 1 IS BETTER FOR NAKED CONTENT.

WELL I GUESS I HAVE DONE MY PART AS FAR AS MY OPPINION ON DA SITE NAME N DA SOFTWARES, NOW DA FINAL WORD GOES TO YA MOFOS.

BUT I GUESS BY NOW YA BE SHAGGIN HO'S ON DA ROAD PRETTENDIN TO BE ON BIZ-NESS TRIP (YEA SURE).

OK BYE NOW, SEE YA LATER.

RJ

And there is nothing I can do about it. The good news is that since many people got fucked up, it is more possible that whoever has the power to restore it, tries harder. The bad news is that is he doesn't we are al fucked up. We did lost some entries, and surely mbanu will find out the address to restore some of them.

I do agree with you that

a) we need a wiki to store and sort the less transient posts from the absolute bullshit

B) we need a BETTER wiki than that. In particular:

b.1) one that does not have some intrinsec morality (i.e. no hard core posts, etc)

b.2) one that is just ours

b.3) one that is easier to use, and does not fuck up so easily

b.4) one that can be used at full potentiality with no extra costs.

Seedwiki was a good start, but now we need to go forward. If we can recover some of the posts, good. If not good too, we'll start from scratch.

Pietro

PIETRO HAVE YA CHECKED OUT PHPWIKKI, IT'S VERY EASY N FREE N JUST BARE BONE. IT SHOULD WORK OUTTA DA BOX WITHOUT MESSIIN WITH DATTABASES , JUST NEED TO SET DA ADMIN PASSWORD ET VOILA LES JEUX SONT FAIT.

BYE NOW

RJ

I haven't looked yet at php wiki. Tikiwiki looks too much like tikiwiki. That is, you can only have 3 columns. I would endorse using the good old mediawiki. yes, it has database, but is fast, reliable, everybody knows how to use it (is the one used in wikipedia) and when people go to a mediawiki page they tend to consider the site more serious. As an addendum it support latex formulas, that might be good for our Russian member.

BTW anybody has the email of jernej?

Pietro

Sign in to follow this