Mal

Salvia Divinorum aka Diviners Sage

Any suggestions?

Note Aus is one of the few places in the universes where Salvia is illegal. Anyone living in Australia or its territories who is considering being involved with this plant is urged to first obtain professional legal advice.

A person who receives Salvia divinorum, or products made from it, face very severe criminal penalties in Aus. It is a schedule 9 drug here :angry:

Any suggestions?

Note Aus is one of the few places in the universes where Salvia is illegal. Anyone living in Australia or its territories who is considering being involved with this plant is urged to first obtain professional legal advice.

A person who receives Salvia divinorum, or products made from it, face very severe criminal penalties in Aus. It is a schedule 9 drug here :angry:

Just come across the ditch to NZ. Still legal here. Got some growing (not too well) in my garden. But hurry before the nasty politicians get the itch to ban (we've got rid of a nanny state left wing government, but hoping the new government is a bit more easy goes).

Have you done it before, Mal?

My personal experience with it was pretty intense, and each time I did it, I wanted to do it less. VERY sobering, after the come down.

In retrospect, it seems like that plant was the reason I don't do drugs anymore.

Have you done it before, Mal?

My personal experience with it was pretty intense, and each time I did it, I wanted to do it less. VERY sobering, after the come down.

In retrospect, it seems like that plant was the reason I don't do drugs anymore.

Did you take it as commercially prepared extract or smoke it? My experience is people who ingest it in these ways get bad reactions.

The traditional way is to chew a quid of leaves -- it takes more leaf, takes longer to get a reaction than other methods.

I've had nothing but gentle experiences with it, that have gradually got more intense as time goes on as I'm ready for it. And I've found it very refreshing afterwards because it just confirms the illusion of my small 'self'. I only use it when my plants have regenerated sufficiently from my last use.

The Mexican indians who take this "herb" (not a "drug"!) stress that it is important to fast and approach it with pure intent to learn and with prayer. They teach that things backfire very very badly if you just do it to get a "trip" (not that you can get a trip or hallucinate with it anyway - politicians please note!). It's not a recreational substance; its sacredness needs to be respected.

Unfortunately the shops in NZ and elsewhere market it to the "herbal-E" and party pill brigade -- but most such persons get an almighty shock when they use it as they are expecting expanded egos when it does quite the reverse.

It's this very marketing that will one of these days result in this sacred herb being made illegal.

For the record, I've never touched any drugs and don't intend to.

Bingo :) at least that seems to be a popular reaction.

No I have not tried before, can't seem to get any leaves. I'm told it's very important to set up and prepare yourself properly. Worthwhile having an experienced user or if alone a straight sitter to keep an eye on you just in case. Not really interested in extracts for the reason mentioned above.

Altiora, hope you plants go from strength to strength. I'm told it's quite tricky to grow and I don't have a green thumb :( This may be of interest http://www.stargeek.com/growing_salvia.php

Bingo :) at least that seems to be a popular reaction.

No I have not tried before, can't seem to get any leaves. I'm told it's very important to set up and prepare yourself properly. Worthwhile having an experienced user or if alone a straight sitter to keep an eye on you just in case. Not really interested in extracts for the reason mentioned above.

Altiora, hope you plants go from strength to strength. I'm told it's quite tricky to grow and I don't have a green thumb :( This may be of interest http://www.stargeek.com/growing_salvia.php

I've tried it, its not pleasant. If your going through all that trouble just grow some shrooms xD

Hi All

Figured I'd share, since I have a little experience with salvia.

I've only smoked it, cause I've never been able to get my hands on fresh leaves...

1) It's not fun for most people, actually most people including myself find it to induce anxiety

2) From what I understand it induces 'flashes' of REM brainwave activity during waking conscious states

3) I have personally seen people smoke it, then get up in a stupor and find something that there is no traditionally logical way they could have known where was.

4) It induces lucid dreams for me (and I've heard others) if smoked in small amounts before bed

5) Of all the drugs I've done (most all of the common ones, including mushrooms , lsd etc.) Salvia Divinorum is by far the most unusual substance I've come across.

6) I almost always feel like there is a strong belt of energy pulling my head to the ground. It is usually unpleasant.

7) Alcohol and Saliva is extremely frightening in my one experience with it, it knocked me out and I thought I was dead for ? amount of time

8) Smoking the extracts is so powerful that it is (imho) probably not 'psychically safe' even though it may seem physically safe. The most amazing report I've seen is here: http://leda.lycaeum.org/?ID=8617

Here's an interesting article on more traditional use:

http://leda.lycaeum.org/?ID=16287 :

For example, if someone is suffering from a sickness, and the

doctors do not know what is the matter, then with this plant they

divine the disease. The curandero who brings the leaves first

asks the sick person if he is addicted to taking alcohol, because,

when a man does not take alcohol, fifty leaves are prescribed;

when he takes alcohol, then 100 leaves are prescribed. The sick

person drinks the water in which the leaves have been rubbed.

At midnight, the curandero goes with him and another person to

a place where there is no noice, as for example an isolated house,

where the patient takes the potion. They wait 15 minutes for

the drug to take effect, and the patient himself begins to state

the kind of sickness from which he suffers. The patient finds

himself in a semi-delirious state, he speaks as in a trance, and

the others listen attentively to what he says. He shakes his

clothes, as though with the aid of the plant he would free himself

from the little beasties [presumed cause, in the Indian mind,

of the illness]. At dawn the curandero bathes the patient with

the water of which he has drunk, and thereupon the patient is

cured. People say that with this bath goes away the

drunken state produced by the plant that the patient has taken.

When is it a question of theft, or a thing lost, the curandero

listens to what is said by the man who has taken the plant, and

thus the facts are disclosed.

There is in Jalapa de Diaz an individual named Felipe Miranda,

who every three or six months goes to the mountains to gather

the plant. He makes wonderful cures and finds himself in good

economic situation. They say he cultivates and tends to the plant,

but he does not reveal the kind of plant that it is.

I think we've got a lot to learn from this plant, it's doing something amazing, but we've gotta be really careful too.

Explore safely :-)

peace+love

Chris

I've tried it, its not pleasant. If your going through all that trouble just grow some shrooms xD

Would love to but previous attempts did not get through customs :( Was a while ago but don't want to push my luck too often. Some suppliers have great "stealth" packaging but I've no success with spores prints. Would not even bother attempting to get syringes. Easy enough to make from the prints and prints have a slightly defensible legitimate purpose.

and

Salvia Divinorum is by far the most unusual substance I've come across.

<snip>

Explore safely :-)

I've heard Salvia is a rather unique trip different from everything else out there. Personally from what I've read I feel it's safe. May not be "pleasant" but if I wanted that I could just use THC. Mescaline may be similar but much less plesent and, I think, less powerful.

Cheers, already weighted up the pros and cons, just trying to get some safely B)

Good to hear. The Mexican shamans who use this plant emphasise that it is a teacher -- it teaches you things that you need to learn. And it would seem it has indeed taught you something and often it's not what you want to know.

Mal, the problem for your importation problem is that salvia is rarely cultivated from seed. I saw some seeds on ebay months ago, but can't vouch if they were fertile. Personally I'd steer clear of Salvia until you've completely detoxed from any other interesting substances. Salvia is a jealous mistress -- she doesn't like other substances interfering with her transmissions.

Yes, success from seed is very difficult, hardly worth the "risk" as it's very likely to get picked up on the way in without good packaging. Non-international mail is less scrutinized B) Safest bet.

Salvia is a jealous mistress -- she doesn't like other substances interfering with her transmissions.

:D That may be true. Hope to meet her one day.....

Cheers

It shot my soul out of my body and left it to fend for itself. There was no knowledge of ever having had a body, nor was there any other memory. Being born, alone, in a place without form. A visitor came by, said it was my friend and that I should stay. There's something more, I thought... something more than this. So I used intent to free myself. Felt a shift, and there I was again... alone.

This time two of them came.

I had to break through 11 'rooms' before I re-entered my body through the back of my head. Chased, in the end, by an army of spirits. Only to be dragged back out of my body and begin the fight with renewed vigour.

A blessing of a drug, though one I have not taken since. If you wish, I can post you some extract - it's by far less foul, and by far more potent, if your plan is to smoke it.

If you can, my friend, take Chemistry made by the London Underground company (based in NZ) and while you await for it to kick in, use some weed to help relax your stomach and motivate your third eye.

May you trip the light fantastic with your soul and sore to the highest heavens,

James

You can buy salvia at all tobaccanists and some corner stores here in Canada. It is definitly not the most intense hallucinogen, but there is very little that can go wrong with salvia.

It seems some people have different experiences with it. When I smoked it (20x extract), I REALLY tripped out. It was worse than acid.

I held the first hit in, and within seconds my whole reality shifted. It was a totally strong hallucinogen, for me.

But one of my good friends smoked it. He smoked it a lot. And nothing happened to him! He just sat there, and as we looked at him anticipating him to freak out, he just looked back at us and asked, "What? Nothing is happening."

We tried it numerous times over the weekend, and it would never do anything to him no matter how much he smoked or how long he held it in. Weird. :lol:

Looks like Salvia is related and sort of an anti-opiate.... No wonder it is so unpleasant :-) Interesting stuff in the wiki article about salvinorin-a also (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salvinorin_A)

A little more, from wiki:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kappa_opioid_receptor

It has long been understood that kappa-opioid receptor agonists are dysphoric [15] but dysphoria from kappa opioids has been shown to differ between sexes[16][17]. More recent studies have shown the aversive properties in a variety of ways[18] and the kappa receptor has been strongly implicated as an integral neurochemical component of addiction and the remission thereof.

It is now widely accepted that κ-opioid receptor (partial) agonists have hallucinogenic ("psychotomimetic") effects, as exemplified by salvinorin A. These effects are generally undesirable in medicinal drugs and could have had frightening or disturbing effects in the tested humans. It is thought that the hallucinogenic effects of drugs such as butorphanol, nalbuphine, and pentazocine serve to limit their opiate abuse potential. In the case of salvinorin A, a structurally novel neoclerodane diterpene κ-opioid receptor agonist, these hallucinogenic effects are sought after. While salvinorin A is considered a hallucinogen, its effects are qualitatively different than those produced by the classical psychedelic hallucinogens such as LSD or mescaline.[13]

The involvement of the kappa-opioid receptor in stress response has been elucidated.[15]

Activation of the κ-opioid receptor appears to antagonize many of the effects of the μ opioid receptor.[19]

Kappa ligands are also known for their characteristic diuretic effects, due to their negative regulation of antidiuretic hormone (ADH).[20]

Kappa agonism is neuroprotective against hypoxia/ischemia; as such, kappa receptors may represent a novel therapeutic target.[21]

It surely induces visions, it's physically safe, but please do be careful (especially smoking extracts!) as I think you could really easily bring something deep and subconscious to light way too fast and go totally nuts if things went wrong. Then you'll need a real guru for sure :-)

peace+love

Chris

Santo Daime is a religion where psychedelics are used ritually (and so it is very legal in that particular context, at least here)

FWIW

Salvia is the lowest drug on earth really is like alcohol ore cigar.The effect is really simple no negative toads and it really fast like 10 minutes ore 5 depend on how much you take after that your back to normal and is not addicted but like all drug ,you cud fall in additions like alcohol. (week ore strong )

but way i call it the lowest of all, because you can not compare salvia wit weed ,opium,cocaine, Peyote , LSD, Tobacco...ect

B) sweet!!!!! lol :lol:

I don't know about australian law. I'd shoot for the Spirit Molecule if I were you. The one big and popular study on DMT, ran by Dr. Rick Strassman, who now believes that DMT is what on the physical level allows us to experience energy/life force. We've got people leaving their bodies and hallucinating creatures and just plain experience complete synesthesia sound-light-touch-taste all as one energy..... closer to the source. The question of it being particularly helpful in life....... that's subjective.

and denied to us down under 'bums :angry:

Mal,

I have quite a bit of experience with Salvia from 5x -20x way back when I wasn't practicing.

Most effective to smoke it is to use a jet lighter + bong and hold it in as long as you can. Reason being the active ingredients need a higher temperature that normal lighters can't reach to evaporate. The thing with salvia extract is that it is so strong that you can't really get a light dose and work up to a comfortable dose. The bong allows you to hold the smoke in comfortably but the taste is something I've never really gotten used to.

Once it hits it just throws your whole sense of reality out of whack. You enter a new reality where anything that happens seems so natural and you truely believe it as if it wasn't anything out of the ordinary. The hallucination at that moment is your reality.

It really stands out as one of the only substances that I really have had to have a lot of healthy respect for. I've had 2CB, LSD, ketamine etc etc in large doses before but everything else still allowed you to have a small voice in you saying that this is just an illusion. Salvia does not allow it.

Reason why I'm bringing up the past is that you really need to have an experienced sitter with you if you wish to try it. Never do it alone.

Be safe.

mouse

Yup, there are all sorts of things that can manipulate brain chemistry to produce all sorts of experiences. The question is, do those experiences further real spiritual development, or are they just attractive distractions?

And do you simply want to GET experiences any way you can, or do you want only to live in truth and trust that the experiences that will truly fulfill your needs will arise out of that.

-Karen

Wise words again from Karen. "live in truth"........that is the safest and best way.

Drugs use up the jing (accelerate aging) and dis-integrate the shen. Never a good idea. They are a trick, and a deception. They cloud and muddle one's innate intelligence which hinders the arising of inherent wisdom.

Wise words again from Karen. "live in truth"........that is the safest and best way.

Drugs use up the jing (accelerate aging) and dis-integrate the shen. Never a good idea. They are a trick, and a deception. They cloud and muddle one's innate intelligence which hinders the arising of inherent wisdom.

I concur. I spent about 5-6 years of my life chasing sensations. What it got me were trips to the emergency ward and close shaves with death. Isn't fun when your heart rate stays at 180bpm for 1.5 hours.

But without those experiences, I wouldn't have come onto the path of practice. Some good came out of it which I am very thankful for. Once you see the truth, all other activities just become mere games.

mouse