Mak_Tin_Si

For dog lovers- becareful!

As requested from the moderator of TaoBum, I have moved to this forum : http://www.daoismworld.com right now.

So if you want to talk to me or ask me anything about Taoism, please feel free to go over to this forum and enjoy the new forum. New members for discussion are also welcomed.

http://www.daoismworld.com

Mak Tin Si

Edited by Mak_Tin_Si

Well no wonder my love life sucks. I'm a taoist and I have a dog, damn!! I knew I shouldn't have. In fact I used to have two dogs, a wolf/malmute and a coyote/malmute. Once I was walking with a friend in a park in Oregon when far off in the distance I saw one of the dogs go to the bathroom. I wanted to secure the area so walked over there, which was the direction my car was located in anyway. As I stood there I looked all around and didn't see a thing so I gave up. Turns out I was standing right on it (turns out wizards have this magical homing ability) but I didn't notice anything till I got in the car. The smell was mighty, so I turned around and demanded of the dogs: "Do you dogs smell anything?!" They shrugged their shoulders and said: "No, we don't smell anything" :rolleyes:

I didn't want to get another dog this last time, they chase the deer away, but cats bring live rattlesnakes indoors. What to do, what to do?

Is there a Fu to ward off dog poo?

Edited by Starjumper7

Dog usually shit outside, these "shit" are considered to be the extreme-dirty stuff in Taoism. Whoever stepped on it will get SUPER bad luck rolling in non-stop.

LOL

You are becoming a joke everyday more HAHA

The harder you try the lower you go - I am sure you have a 'step-on-dog-shit' talisman for sale :)

YM

Master Tung-kuo asked Chuang Tzu, "This thing called the Way-where does it exist?"

Chuang Tzu said, "There's no place it doesn't exist."

"Come," said Master Tung-kuo, "you must be more specific!"

"It is in the ant."

"As low a thing as that?"

"It is in the panic grass."

"But that's lower still!"

"It is in the tiles and shards."

"How can it be so low?"

"It is in the piss and shit."

Zhuangzi

As requested from the moderator of TaoBum, I have moved to this forum : http://www.daoismworld.com right now.

So if you want to talk to me or ask me anything about Taoism, please feel free to go over to this forum and enjoy the new forum. New members for discussion are also welcomed.

Mak Tin Si

Edited by Mak_Tin_Si

It makes you wonder about that four letter word: "shit", doesn't it?? the SH sound is the liver sound, isn't it? and the liver is connected to anger. SO! the foo for poo is to yell SHIIIIIT!! at the top of your lungs, but the big question is: which came first? Did the cave man yell sheeeiiit when he was angry in general and then only later yell it when he stepped in dinosaur poo with bare feet and have it squish out between his toes; or was dinosaur poo already called shit first and only later was the word assigned to more everyday mundane f*cking disasters?

Actually, coming upon a sudden fit of pissoffedness, one can just yell "SHHHHH" and leave the "IT" off the end, but it does add some flair to ad the 'it' at the end, and that's the English way. So the big question is, which came first, the dinopsaur poo or the anger? and does it matter in Taoism?

Edited by Starjumper7

Mak Tin Si

Edited by Mak_Tin_Si

Did the cave man yell sheeeiiit when he was angry in general and then only later yell it when he stepped in dinosaur poo with bare feet and have it squish out between his toes; or was dinosaur poo already called shit first and only later was the word assigned to more everyday mundane f*cking disasters?

Now ... stepping - actually 'falling' - onto dinosaur's poo ... THAT can be considered bad luck !

:lol:

YM

When you step on a dog poo, the bad luck comes from it can be cleansed off by quicking taking a cleansing bath. If you are a taoist who do FU, you can use the bath cleansing fu, if you are a taoist who don't know about FU, you can use the pomelo leaf method as posted previously. Then that will be fine.

Taoist usually don't keep dogs, wolfs, cats, or any pets. But if you do, just know how to clean yourself.

Thanks, I don't Fu, so I can see my problem is I don't bathe enough, that's why my love life sucks. Sorry I missed the article on the pomelo leaf. I'm tempted to get another wolf, they are so much more affectionate and intelligent than dogs. When you look in their eyes you can tell there is a light on inside.

Now ... stepping - actually 'falling' - onto dinosaur's poo ... THAT can be considered bad luck !

Yah, face planting, like in the movies, it could make you wish you were wearing sunglasses B)

Mak Tin Si

Edited by Mak_Tin_Si

wolf and fox are the two famous demon animal in taoism, which are evil. Fox will lead people to sexual desires and wolf will lead to illness and illusions or desires. If wolf or fox demon is with you for a long time, you will find yourself in bad luck and also lack of energy all day long. Sometimes just don't have enough energy for a day. This is caused by the wolf or fox "demons". Which is also why we avoid keeping fox and wolfs. They attracts these "demons" to your house too.

If you find your life luck is not good, having a new wolf will do worst for you. Not recommended much.

MTS, I give you credit. You're a comical Taoist.

I have a Golden Retriever I purchased a little over 3 years ago. I thought it was great virtue providing this loving animal a home, food and veterinary care. In return, he gives me love, entertainment and exercise. I pick up his poo and give him a bath. He has brought much joy in my life.

I think those who step in dog poo must already have bad luck, otherwise they would not have stepped in it!

YM

Poo! As great a taoist topic as any!

... It's one of my biggest annoyments (if that's a word?! hmm? it's not is it?)

Plastic baggies of doo swinging from tree branches. :angry:

Where I live you must pick up after you dog. They even have plastic bag dispensers around the parks and stuff for easy usage? Most folks seem to comply with it? ...But they never seem to dispose of it adequately. They leave these plastic baggies of dung everyplace. Nasty. By the sidwalks, under benches, thrown in the swamps.

Now I can understand? Nothing says sexy like a man swinging a little baggie of poo as he walks along??? But do they have to throw it in the trees!!! GRRRR. Such a crock of Shit. It's biodegradable. Why encase it in plastic??? At least use paper!!! So many more uses for it then, hahahaa,like puttin it on a neighbors door step... lighting it on... ringing the door bell... acquiring a whole lot more bad karma... ;) LOL. um? By the way... Don't do that! but like I was saying would rather see it get washed away by the rain than swinging from trees. There should be signs "Please handle your shit appropriately!" Don't You think? :blink:

poop ='s bad luck?

... Have 2 older brothers...

When we were all younger they started a "tradition" of sorts? We had 3 BIG dogs...

One boy was thin and scrappy and fast, the other was big and strong and a Marine... and the older brother.

Whenever we would all get together they inevitably would play a game of "Put U! In Poo!".

One of those "boy games" to see who was better and who just plain stank ? LOL, Horrid.

And embarrassing at times? It was usually the scrappy little thing that bested the big brother!

And yes It was always Very Bad Luck for the smelly boy :P

... They never would try such a thing with there little sis. They knew for sure not only would she fill there pockets and pillow cases but there cars and shoes when they weren't looking! She was a quiet child but was well able to take care of herself B)

Have fun!

Hey!

?

Shonton Ga ='s

Grey Wolf/Ghost by the way.

It's an Omaha name. Omaha language.

Name from when very young (the third name.)

Given name, mother's name, then this name.

Named for my "teachers".

Many names for this child!

Thanks Mak tin Si and all !

Don't mind my "vent" ! LOL

guess i can be a demon at times :( , my eyes flash in scary ways I'm told :)

*edited because not only can I not spell but Don't seem to know the colors either, LOL!

Edited by shontonga

I mostly lurk around here and read various posts. However, in this case I feel compelled to respond. Mark Tin Si, I must ask you about shit-that-cometh-out-of-thy-mouth. I mean, you're personally tasting that stuff every single day - your life must be SUPER DUPER unlucky.

Mak Tin Si

Edited by Mak_Tin_Si

http://www.sayahda.com/cyc2.html

"The Dog

Throughout history dogs have been known as protectors and guardians. Their acute hearing and keen sight forewarned their masters of impending danger. Dogs are known as mans best friend. They serve selflessly never asking for their service to be prasied. They hold the energies of unconditional love and teach us its true meaning.

The domesticated dog is a faithful companion to humans and has a strong willingness to serve. Their sense of spirit and the ability to love even when abused is incredible. The dog teaches those with this totem how to give and receive love unconditionally. It also carries the energy of forgiveness. People with dog medicine would do well in service oriented jobs.

Dogs are intelligent and sensitive. They are able to sniff out dangerous situations accurately and guide us into safety. Psychic gifts have long been are associated with the dog because of their ability to detect subtle energy frequencies often unknown to mankind. If dog suddenly appears in your life pay attention to your immediate surroundings and let the dog guide your footsteps.

Certain breeds of dog were designed for specific functions. The study of the breed and its purpose can help you define the energy associated with it. Since wolves and coyotes are its descendants these should be studied as well.

The behavior of a dog often reflects the personality of its owner. Through its observation and constant interaction with you it anticipates your next move, and serves as a mirror image of who you truly are. The dog is a great teacher for those who are willing to be loyal students. The choice is yours."

There is a lot to learn about Dogs & their Shit.

Having a dog, giving it food and shelters are not doing them good. Because you are asking for things in return such as "they have to listen to your instructions" or "they have to play with you" or "entertainment" etc. So it is a balance trading.

If the dog is not put in the store, they return back to nature, they may get what they are suppose to get anyway. They have their own way of living, it is just our DESIRE that want the dogs to be like human like. Including making clothings for the dog, make the dog some eye glasses, etc,. It is just our desire to MAKE the dog pleasent looking to us or do things we want them to do. But if you don't keep it, they have their own life and ways of surviving too.

We are human, not dogs, we do not really understand fully what they need and how they feel. Let them be on themselves and have their freedom in nature.

The alternative would have been the dog would be destroyed or sold to science for experimental purposes. If man had not domesticated and bred dogs, surely my dog would not even be in existence. Was it not the way of the Tao and the virtue of man that dogs have come to be our companions?

No, we do not understand FULLY what they need and how they feel, but we do not know FULLY what anyone needs or how they feel, including ourselves. I know when my dog is happy and when he is sad, and when he is melancholy. I think he knows the same from me and wants me to be happy, just as I want him to be happy.

Sometimes my dog tells ME to listen to his instructions, such as when he barks at the door when he wants to come in. He drops a ball in my lap demanding that I play with HIM. So I suppose that it is a balance of sort.

If I am having a bad day, my dog still loves me no matter what. He motivates me to take walks in the woods or to go swimming in a lake. This is fun and healthy for both of us. I see my relationship with my dog to be a gift of the Tao.

I can see this a cultural issue with you Mak Tin Si and possibly the Taoist religion, coming from a country that still views dogs as food.

Poo! As great a taoist topic as any!

... It's one of my biggest annoyments (if that's a word?! hmm? it's not is it?)

Plastic baggies of doo swinging from tree branches. :angry:

Where I live you must pick up after you dog. They even have plastic bag dispensers around the parks and stuff for easy usage? Most folks seem to comply with it? ...But they never seem to dispose of it adequately. They leave these plastic baggies of dung everyplace. Nasty. By the sidwalks, under benches, thrown in the swamps.

Now I can understand? Nothing says sexy like a man swinging a little baggie of poo as he walks along??? But do they have to throw it in the trees!!! GRRRR. Such a crock of Shit. It's biodegradable. Why encase it in plastic??? At least use paper!!! So many more uses for it then, hahahaa,like puttin it on a neighbors door step... lighting it on... ringing the door bell... acquiring a whole lot more bad karma... ;) LOL. um? By the way... Don't do that! but like I was saying would rather see it get washed away by the rain than swinging from trees. There should be signs "Please handle your shit appropriately!" Don't You think? :blink:

I know! What are those idiots thinking? That the shit bag fairy is going to come along after them and clean up? I'm amazed at how people can be sometimes, like the people take a shower at the exercise club and just walk away and leave the shower running on hot. I can't understand people doing those kinds of things and it's a slap in the face each time.

Shonton Ga ='s

Grey Wolf/Ghost by the way.

It's an Omaha name. Omaha language.

Name from when very young (the third name.)

Given name, mother's name, then this name.

Named for my "teachers".

Many names for this child!

Interesting, so are you trained in the Native American ways?

guess i can be a demon at times sad.gif , my eyes flash in scary ways I'm told smile.gif

No need to be sad about that.

YM

hahaha! No wonder the world has turned out the way it has! The cavemen brought upon us all SUPER ULTRA MEGA unluck for the rest of human history after falling into, and even seeing, the big, smelly, steaming, fresh dinosaurus poo.

Oh damn, now I imagined the big, smelly, steaming, fresh dinosaurus poo. My life is doomed. shit. :blink:

Hi there Mak Tin Si,

I wanted to ask a sincere question. In some countries like korea etc they even eat dogs. Im guessing this can also be very bad karma ? Is it much worse then standing in the feces etc & what happens to the peson who dares to eat this animal.

Thanks very much,

Hi there Mak Tin Si,

I wanted to ask a sincere question. In some countries like korea etc they even eat dogs. Im guessing this can also be very bad karma ? Is it much worse then standing in the feces etc & what happens to the peson who dares to eat this animal.

Hello RW,

Great Master Chen Nan of the Song dynasty - teacher of Bai Yuchan and one of the founders of the Southern Line of Quanzhen - was famous for getting drunk often and eating dog meat.

YM

so, ya'll a' wrapped up in a discussio' 'bout dawgs and shiit... :lol:

ROFL x 10.000

Mak Tin Si

Edited by Mak_Tin_Si

Taoist are not allowed to eat dogs. This is one of the things they do not eat. Since Dog are guardians for people's home back then, they have did a lot of good deeds to us, so that is why Taoist do not eat them to payback the good deeds they have did in the past. A rule was sealed in the religion so that whoever eats the dog meat will loose all their FAAT (taoism energy). It was just like eating beef in Taoism.

Mak Tin Si

Thanks for the heads up Mak, but I'm all prepared for this one :lol:

Antipoofu.jpg

I can't even remember the last time I stepped on poo! Also I always carry this as my mobile wallpaper, you can't be too careful these days. Keep your dogs close, but your FUs closer B)