Sign in to follow this  
picnic

Forum Addiction

Some people are on this forum a lot.

The balance of TaiChi does not rule out communicating with fellow travellers, but while people are content to spend hours telling others how they should; think, masturbate, worship, understand, eat, drink, feel, maybe they are finding such disharmony in others because of a disharmony in themselves.

A few posts a week, maybe more, maybe less, at no detriment to the time spent in the world outside and on practice.

A person making good practice all week will post fewer, more wise, more useful posts than someone serving an addiction at the detriment of life.

Maybe this observation started in me, well, perhaps, ...but I share it with you.

Edited by picnic

Some people are on this forum a lot.

The balance of TaiChi does not rule out communicating with fellow travellers, but while people are content to spend hours telling others how they should; think, masturbate, worship, understand, eat, drink, feel, maybe they are finding such disharmony in others because of a disharmony in themselves.

A few posts a week, maybe more, maybe less, at no detriment to the time spent in the world outside and on practice.

A person making good practice all week will post fewer, more wise, more useful posts than someone serving an addiction at the detriment of life.

Maybe this observation started in me, well, perhaps, ...but I share it with you.

U Share My addiction ?!?

;)

WhooHoo!

Ok. Agreed.

Even Though this child prefers to post nonsense :D

Stay well!

Shon

Edited by shontonga

We need to start a group: Tao Bums Anonymous (TBA)

I'll start it off:

Hi everyone, I'm Niel. (Hi Niel). I'm addicted to Tao Bums. I go there way too often and find myself doing it instead of studying or meditating (which is strange cause meditating is what gets you the Tao, not going on forums). In fact, I've found myself taking suggestions on how to masturbate from random strangers on the internet who I don't know. It's been that bad....

I could go on, but I think you get the picture.

Or, maybe I could develop some discipline... :mellow:

Sorry Cam, I kinda ripped this off of you from one of your posts on the K forum, but my joke instincts were too strong. B)

I have a Tao Bums addiction.... I am a Tao Bums addict.....

1- Think? People should think positive and cultivate happiness.

2- Masturbate? Its bad for you physically and psychologically. Your raping your inner child!

3- Worship? "Here Oh Israel, the Lord is Our G-d, the Lord is One."

4- Understand? Understanding comes with experience. If your under 65 you probably dont know squat.

5- Eat? Give me bacon... lots and lots of bacon.

6- Drink? Beer!

7- Feel? The force.

We need to start a group: Tao Bums Anonymous (TBA)

I'll start it off:

Hi everyone, I'm Niel. (Hi Niel). I'm addicted to Tao Bums. I go there way too often and find myself doing it instead of studying or meditating (which is strange cause meditating is what gets you the Tao, not going on forums). In fact, I've found myself taking suggestions on how to masturbate from random strangers on the internet who I don't know. It's been that bad....

I could go on, but I think you get the picture.

Or, maybe I could develop some discipline... :mellow:

Sorry Cam, I kinda ripped this off of you from one of your posts on the K forum, but my joke instincts were too strong. B)

Well the first step is admitting you have a problem and Niel you've takin that first step. ( applause from the forum) We should make chips for recovery too. The next step is admitting that you are powerless over your addiction.

That's right you tell them

Huh???

DUDE.

How many are you Mal's?

:blink:

How many times a day

... and night ...

Makes one an addict?

I mean it's all perspective ...

one persons addiction

another persons hobby

right?

I mean No worries here kids.

I can quit any time.

(yes i have an addictive personality)

But this ain't like chocolate!!!

any time.

:unsure:

It was an interesting and valuable experiment. I know the forum is useful for spreading ideas and if someone asks a question it is nice to have people to answer it, but I needed a break from the computer..

My week away from the forum was nice :) i spent more time by the lake watching nature, more time meditating through daily life and re-clarified a lot of my thoughts. I also added to Tao Wow.

Did I miss much while I was gone?

It was an interesting and valuable experiment. I know the forum is useful for spreading ideas and if someone asks a question it is nice to have people to answer it, but I needed a break from the computer..

My week away from the forum was nice :) i spent more time by the lake watching nature, more time meditating through daily life and re-clarified a lot of my thoughts. I also added to Tao Wow.

Did I miss much while I was gone?

Whats new? I think the Man Tin Sin guy is gone. I take a huge break from the internet in the sping, summer and fall but in the winter all I do is forum surf.

Whats new? I think the Man Tin Sin guy is gone. I take a huge break from the internet in the sping, summer and fall but in the winter all I do is forum surf.

This place can be addicting! Thats bad! If you can't stay away more than 1 week, you are

an addict! If you can't stay away more than 2 days, you are a loser. lol :)

Sign in to follow this