teopakees

just got a new book hoping some one knows it

just got ; "qigong meditation" subtitled "small circulation" by Dr.Yang,Jwing-Ming. It looks good,alot of indepth info. Does anyone know of it? Thanks

I know of the teacher, but I am not familiar with that book. IMO, I'd rather learn from a live teacher than a book. But that is just my opinion. :D

I know of the teacher, but I am not familiar with that book. IMO, I'd rather learn from a live teacher than a book. But that is just my opinion. :D

I would rather learn from a teacher too but,alas there are none that i know of in Arkansas. Thanks for the responce.

Dr Yang Jwing Ming's books are pretty good for a basic overview, but they aren't firmly rooted in his direct experience. So the nuances of the practices aren't covered, and you actually miss out on a lot. Now, I haven't seen this particular book, but I do have his massage book and the Root of Chinese Qigong one. He put a lot of work into them, but personally I would sell them back if I could.

Excellent book. Lots of direct translation from taoist cannon.But with all of these things theory is one thing application is another.