gossamer

Magic

Dear Rex,

Several people who were prominent 'Traditional Witches' (and several of them involved in Ceremonial Magic too), who were well known from their books have died very young (in their 40's).

I have often wondered what the bad mojo was that caused them to die.

Was it going public, was it getting very near to disclosing material that was "secret"?

Was it working with the kind of power that they worked with?

And I'm talking about young folks in good health just dropping over dead.

Very strange.

Peace, gossamer

Those close to him got burnt: nervous breakdowns (Victor Neuburg; Leah Hirsig; Charles Stansfeld Jones); death (Raoul Loveday); suicide (Ione de Forest); madness (Rose Kelly).

Those close to him got burnt: nervous breakdowns (Victor Neuburg; Leah Hirsig; Charles Stansfeld Jones); death (Raoul Loveday); suicide (Ione de Forest); madness (Rose Kelly).

Those nervous breakdowns also came after those individuals went against his recommendations (for example when C.S. Jones took the "Oath of the Abyss" before moving beyond Neophyte against the tradition/rules of the A.'.A.'.), the death of Raoul Loveday came after Raoul drank from a spring that Crowley warned him was contaminated. Ione was Neuberg's mistress, not Crowley's, and the madness that Rose experienced (aside from being arguably predicted in 1904) was due to her alcoholism before Crowley had most of his more exalted mystic attainments. Admittedly he did drive friends away often (as in the case of his falling out with Regardie), but he also assisted those, like Frank Bennett, in trudging forward in their spiritual development. It seems his personality was hard to stand, but his "wisdom" and attainment often made it worth it to those who knew him.

What would Master John Chang be considered a Magician with his special abilities?

Mak, can you do what John Chang can do with his Chi since you can call on different deities, energies maybe you can do what John Chang does?

Ape

Taoism is different compare to chi gung and martial arts. If you are looking for J.C. stuff, then taoism is not for you. Sorry, you are looking for apples while we are eating oranges. No wonder you do not understand.

Mak Tin Si

What would Master John Chang be considered a Magician with his special abilities?

Mak, can you do what John Chang can do with his Chi since you can call on different deities, energies maybe you can do what John Chang does?

Ape

as i said the advice was for my friends. those i know or my students.

metta

adam

For some of us Crowley's work has been the most helpful of all of the systems we have come across. In Western traditions even those who despised Crowley as a person (like Israel Regardie for example) respected the depth of his knowledge and spiritual "power". For someone wishing to get the most out of the Western Tradition, his work ranks near the top, and the A.'.A.'. is among the few existing orders with real practical training under teachers who have been actually tested in their abilities (not just their memorization), possibly the only one.

This expresses the point of Magick very well. Anyone who really works on the Great Work finds this to be true.

Which fruits are you basing that judgment on?

not answering for Mak...

calling on deities/entities or controling astral and mental forces with ones own skill is the 2 sides of magic. the later higher than the former. in my view a true magician is one who understands the universal laws and can use them. spells and talismans and rituals are what we call sorcery (samantics) , a true magican can make talismans and the like at his will and in any form he wishes.

i used to teach magic more openly, now only after years of sila/virtue training. live and learn

metta

adam

Ape

I also agree that the Franz Bardon System is excellent but one not to be taken on lightly.

A budding initiate will need to dedicate a vast amount of time to bear fruit. A good and worthy teacher is, in my opinion, paramount in progressing properly. One that can guide you through the maze of desires that can and often do corrupt the unguided student.

.k.

franz bardons system is exellent and it is work. for those interested a good teacher will make it acheivable.

it was my training in thbis system that has enabled me penatrate other systems.

metta

adam

for my friends on the list, i recomend that you stay away from crowleys work.

for those of you that can see, take all look at where he is now...

metta

adam

From Magick

Magic at it's purest essence is about embodying the great work of the Alchemist ... Thoth/Hermes. It is about recreating within oneself the divine transformation that sublimates 'lead' into 'gold' ... about cultivating the base nature of our sullied conditioned self and using the mystic process to transmute our consciousness to become One with the Universal Essence.

So good to hear your words! Synchronicity resonates...

It had been a couple of days not doing any energy work. I lacked motivation. Finally, I did some standing warm ups and chi gung. My good, circulating chi gave me the motivation to do mundane tasks around the house. I noted to myself that the combination of energy and motivation gives me the focus that helps me to work/play/rest/relate/etc. So, what to do when I'm not motivated?? Circulate my chi!

Works like MAGICK... :lol:

That there is a reminder we all can use ... thank you :D

And I personally find spirituality, a whole different kind of critter then magic.

If all I truly knew about you was this then i would approve of you.

I think its harder said then done. In my experience, people can't live up to what i expect of them and I honestly don't expect much. I understand that people are not perfect. That happens to not be what i expect of them.

Religious Daoism seems to have a whole lot of various kinds of magic to it, and I personally find that not a part of the kind of Dao life that I'm interested in, or that I'm looking for.

Same with me... I really didn't read past this... and i intend on reading the whole post but i had to comment That this is what i truly applaud you for.

Me interested in magic... in proper mind set and manipulate it? sure. Use it in the right mind set? Sure. Cultivate to never need to use it? BINGO! WE HAVE A WINNER! And this is why Peace is so important... as you cultivate you should become peaceful. A clean, a clear, a still, an empty mind.

And maybe there's another kind of magic that I missed above, and that's defensive magic.

Is it either positive or negative?

Neither really, it's maybe a kind of shield, like the Purple Bubble that YaMu taught me.

It's seems that if someone aims negativity or negative (chaos) magic at you, and gets harmed in return. Well, that's not really your fault. Is it now?

In some sort of way are you openly offering this type of magic?

Or just claiming everyone walking in this path should most likely learn this?

Looking forward to your answer.

WT :)

concentration and intent is one part of the formula, but go concentrate and intend some magic to happen , it will not.

note, i did not listen to the talk.

metta

adam

Interesting talk by Dan Ingram on magic and stuff:

http://personallifemedia.com/podcasts/236-...c-what-possible

Pretty much repeats the idea that you have to use concentration and intent to make stuff happen.

concentration and intent is one part of the formula, but go concentrate and intend some magic to happen , it will not.

So is the other part of the formula emotion or energy?

On another note, is the mechanism of magic essentially the same as the mechanisms of karma?