Sign in to follow this  
SimoninTaiwan

Teachers in Taiwan: Dharma, Tao, Vajrayana, Bon

Hi all I hope this is the right area for my post, firstly wanted to say what a great resource this is so many knowledgeable people in one place.

I am in Taiwan at the moment and am on the search for Taoist and traditions and Tibetan traditions in Taiwan preferably non monastic, can anyone help? Would like to make the most of the Island while I am here.

Hope you can help.

Simon

Hi all I hope this is the right area for my post, firstly wanted to say what a great resource this is so many knowledgeable people in one place.

I am in Taiwan at the moment and am on the search for Taoist and traditions and Tibetan traditions in Taiwan preferably non monastic, can anyone help? Would like to make the most of the Island while I am here.

Hope you can help.

Simon

Really no one no of any one in Taiwan???

Zen seems to be big there, for example Dharma drum mountain and the big monestary in Puyi, which I think you can go for a short stay. The Tibetan "traditions" are only likely to give you the basic dharma teachings, not high level cultivation methods, but they are around in their little temples. I know there are high level Taoists groups but as a foreigner and without attainments, who knows why they should pay attention to you. If I were looking for them, I would start by asking the martial arts teachers (ba gua) at Chiang Kai Shek memorial and also 228 peace park that practise in evenings or mornings. Maybe the martial arts bookstore on Hsinshen Rd. , Lion book publishing has books or ads that could give you ideas, sorry I dont remember the address.

Zen seems to be big there, for example Dharma drum mountain and the big monestary in Puyi, which I think you can go for a short stay. The Tibetan "traditions" are only likely to give you the basic dharma teachings, not high level cultivation methods, but they are around in their little temples. I know there are high level Taoists groups but as a foreigner and without attainments, who knows why they should pay attention to you. If I were looking for them, I would start by asking the martial arts teachers (ba gua) at Chiang Kai Shek memorial and also 228 peace park that practise in evenings or mornings. Maybe the martial arts bookstore on Hsinshen Rd. , Lion book publishing has books or ads that could give you ideas, sorry I dont remember the address.

Hi thanks for the reply. Yes I saw some of what you mentioned the Dharma Drum etc and really wanted access to cultivation methods which is not very accessible at the Dharma centres for progression as you mention.

I am at the moemnt trying to find info on Taoist groups that would even remotely open up to me buts slow going for the real deal stuff.

Many thanks for your info anyway.

Simon

Don't worry when you ready the teacher will find you. It ALWAYS happens this way. Divine's ways are mysterious.

Good luck!

Edited: typo.

Edited by durkhrod chogori

Sign in to follow this