Dean

Mak Tin Si, could you tell us of your lineage?

Hi Mak Tin Si,

I hope you had a good Winter Solstice. I was wondering if you might be able to explain where you learned from and where? Do you think Taoism is still alive in China today? Or do you think much of it was suppressed by the Communist? I have read where others here either stay in Wu Dang or been there. Do you feel Taoism and the Internal Arts are still alive there? I have heard it's just a tourist trap now and that all the abbots, etc. are Communist appointees. Also I have noticed in your translations of the Chinese language your neither choose the Wade-Guile's or Pinyin spelling, why is that? Do you speak Mandrin, Cantonese or something else?

If you wish to not reply, I respect your privacy. :)

Thanks,

If you want to know about my lineage, you can read about it in our temple's website. (www.taoismcanada.com) Then you will see lots of information. I do not want to do any hard-selling here. So I will not be promoting about myself. For those who want to know, you can go to our website to check.

I do not "SELL" or "PROMOTE" any FU in this forum. They are just introductions to let people know that there IS such kind of FU in taoism. So that is why you never see me saying things like "contact me if needed" or something like that.

It is just pure sharing knowledge around, that IS real TAOISM. I can see people bumping, but that to a "taoism" forum is more annoying than anything else. I rather would love to see people boosting their posts up by really posting SOMETHING that is valuable instead. I do not mind my post being bump down, because those who really want to read will search them back anyway.

Mak Tin Si

Hi Mak Tin Si,

In no way did I mean to be disrespectful. :) I neither implied you are selling or promoting your temple here. I respect your input here. However, I looked at your site and I could not find anything on your background. Could you point me in the right direction? In edition, if the questions I asked seem to political for you to answer I understand. I myself am not tied to the mainland, China. In fact if it wasn't for the events of the Communist revolution and turmoil I wouldn't be learning today.

Regards,

Hi,

I do learn from 2 source, one is the immortal master in China, which I have a promise for not leaking out anything about the lineage in a period of time. So I can just tell you that much. The other source is from god and immortals, so called grandmasters from heaven. This is done by learning directly from trianing to communicate with the god or immortals. There are many FU, mantras, scriptures etc,. passed on to our lineage from this second source. Which you will experience when you learn in the lineage.

I do not want to comment about China, but of course there is alot of good powerful masters in China, just that some of them do not show up in the public or news, they like to hide away in mountains and not leak their names. Just like mine in China. If you leak their lineage or name, they may just kick you out of the lineage right away. That is the rule. The more I leak, the more troubles it just brings to them. So as a respect I do not want to distrub them or bother them in any way.

Imagine I leak their names, then people want to challenge me just go right to my masters and challenge them, what am I doing to them then? Right? They are on their way to immortality, just let them have their peace. You want anything, just ask mine will be more than enough.

Mak Tin Si

Hi Mak Tin Si,

In no way did I mean to be disrespectful. :) I neither implied you are selling or promoting your temple here. I respect your input here. However, I looked at your site and I could not find anything on your background. Could you point me in the right direction? In edition, if the questions I asked seem to political for you to answer I understand. I myself am not tied to the mainland, China. In fact if it wasn't for the events of the Communist revolution and turmoil I wouldn't be learning today.

Regards,

Yes, I'm aware of the situation in China today. I also respect you for not releasing your teachers name. I do know there are some that are still skilled that do exist. But a large majority that had the finances to do so escaped during the so called take over. So your from China? Or are you from some where else? To me this doesn't seem like an invasive question. I'm not asking for date of birth, place, time etc.. So no bad Fu will be aimed at you, Mak Tin Si.

Did you read my earlier questions? I'm really keen on learning things, but at the same time I'm not an impressionable teenager that takes everything on face value. Is that clear to you?

Respectfully,

I am from China, now living in Canada, toronto. With 2 business going on, Chi in Nature -the temple, and also a videography and graphic design company for living.

I really do not want to comment on China's stuff, that is really not what we Taoist shall do. Those are politics, not taoism discussions. I rather share more knowledge here by posting some "information" instead.

Anything else you want to know?

Mak Tin Si

Yes, I'm aware of the situation in China today. I also respect you for not releasing your teachers name. I do know there are some that are still skilled that do exist. But a large majority that had the finances to do so escaped during the so called take over. So your from China? Or are you from some where else? To me this doesn't seem like an invasive question. I'm not asking for date of birth, place, time etc.. So no bad Fu will be aimed at you, Mak Tin Si.

Did you read my earlier questions? I'm really keen on learning things, but at the same time I'm not an impressionable teenager that takes everything on face value. Is that clear to you?

Respectfully,

Well, can I ask when you left China (what year)? Good luck with your business venture, I'm certain it'll be beneficial for your livelihood. Do you consult the Oracle (I Ching)?

Respectfully,

I left China around 93 or something, I really forgot. Something around that time maybe.

Thanks for your blessing to my business!

I do consult the oracle (i-ching) sometimes.

Mak Tin Si

Well, can I ask when you left China (what year)? Good luck with your business venture, I'm certain it'll be beneficial for your livelihood. Do you consult the Oracle (I Ching)?

Respectfully,

I left China around 93 or something, I really forgot. Something around that time maybe.

Mak Tin Si

Thanks, I can see you rather not answer my questions.

If you want to know about my lineage, you can read about it in our temple's website. (www.taoismcanada.com) Then you will see lots of information. I do not want to do any hard-selling here. So I will not be promoting about myself. For those who want to know, you can go to our website to check.

I do not "SELL" or "PROMOTE" any FU in this forum. They are just introductions to let people know that there IS such kind of FU in taoism. So that is why you never see me saying things like "contact me if needed" or something like that.

It is just pure sharing knowledge around, that IS real TAOISM. I can see people bumping, but that to a "taoism" forum is more annoying than anything else. I rather would love to see people boosting their posts up by really posting SOMETHING that is valuable instead. I do not mind my post being bump down, because those who really want to read will search them back anyway.

Mak Tin Si

Arent you promoting a FU everytime you write a post about one and dont actually show the FU itself?

This is only depends on how you view my posts. I am just sharing FU information to let people know how FU can help people in different ways. I am posting the picture of the FU nowadays too. Just have to give me some time to add on to those posts. I am trying my best.

Arent you promoting a FU everytime you write a post about one and dont actually show the FU itself?

This is only depends on how you view my posts. I am just sharing FU information to let people know how FU can help people in different ways. I am posting the picture of the FU nowadays too. Just have to give me some time to add on to those posts. I am trying my best.

Very nice. I do enjoy reading about Feng Shui although I'm just starting to read about it it's rather interesting and affective.

If someone were to write down a FU for protection or something similar and folded it into the metal of a blade or hilt of a knife would the FU still work and if so would it be beneficial?

Very nice. I do enjoy reading about Feng Shui although I'm just starting to read about it it's rather interesting and affective.

If someone were to write down a FU for protection or something similar and folded it into the metal of a blade or hilt of a knife would the FU still work and if so would it be beneficial?

If the FU is properly made then it should work.

If someone is going to write down a fu, the person MUST have to be attuned and enrolled into a lineage, plus also enough FAAT to do FU writtings, PLUS the person must have the correct methods to write the FU. Then the FU will work. Also, another factor is that the FU must be empowered and activated after writting by doing something in front of the altar (specially opened for rituals and ceremonies).

The protection fu is not for "self-cuting" or "knife-test". It is for the protection to avoid and repel negative enegry energy or spirits. It also prevents accidents when you are in danger. So if you really have someone who want to kill you, the FU will surely help you to keep you safe. But if you test it, it will not work as you wish for a "test", because that is a form of dis-respect.

Mak Tin Si

Is what we can see here in the first minutes of the video (from the BBC series way of the warrior) what Otake Sensei of Katori Shinto Ryu is doing similar to the Daoist Fu?

Otake sensei is doing mudra, line cutting and writing characters probably together with a mantra to heal people or for self protection. I think it derives from the mikkyo (secret doctrine; mijiao in Chinese) as well as Shingon/Tendai esoteric buddhism and the Yamabushi/shugenja.

zPw0k6qYSF4

edited to embed the yt video

Edited by genmaicha

Great post for the video above!

The method is very simular for hand sign and writtings, but that is not a FU that he is doing. Daoist FU are written on paper and you have just alot more to do to the fu except for writting it down. So it is just way different. This method of writting on hand or air with a swordfinger is called "FA JI" 花字. Usually writting some symbol or characters. Then shoot the energy out to the person.

Sword finger in the video is not held correctly because the 4,5 figner is loose. Therefore, not much energy transmitted. I wonder if he do thsi on purpose for the video (cuz he don't want people to see his energy) or it is just like that in japanese. (they just like to copy chinese) Sword finger should be held nicely to be able to achieve good results because the energy flow well through the fingers to shoot out. You can even know this in chi gung or kungfu practise.

In Taoism, we have EXACTLY the 9words and the cutting lines method, but with another set of mantra.

The cutting lines he did is called "4 straight, 5 horizon", name in Chinese is "Sei Jik Ng Waang" 四直五橫.

This method is used to create blockage, sealing, or locking.

There are also "3 vert, 3 hors." and 7, 7... used in FU.

It is very comoon. The reason for 4, 5 is because they call in the power of 4Sages,5Masters, 四聖五姥.

Interesting! We are going furthur now in all these FU history!

Hi Mak Tin Si,

this is not to challenge you, but an honest question I have to anyone being so secure about what they do.

What is the ONE reason why you believe you are in contact with true immortals and high beings reaching back to the origin...

and not just some lower spirits that claim to be that...

thnakx much in advance

Harry

The reason for this is because my profession is to help people do ghost busting and fight demons or any of the lower spirits you talked about. Therefore, I can truely tell the difference between real god and immortals to lower spirits. Their energy and form is already a big huge difference. No lower spirit can expose light of energy in purple or gold. That can be already a very important factor.

Ghost busting, demon fighting, kicking out bad spirits and stuff is already my profession and job to service people for the temple. How can these spirits get near me and now bow down for surrender?

The FAAT on me is also a protection and something that repels all these lower spirits. None of them can get near me in any way except if they are being controlled by another evil master. But in that case, the lower spirits usually choose to surrender and go for my help for them to go freedom and out of the control of the evil master's hands. Which I will just help them to bust the evil masters and send these spirits back down to where they belong. That is my job, my profession.

Hi Mak Tin Si,

this is not to challenge you, but an honest question I have to anyone being so secure about what they do.

What is the ONE reason why you believe you are in contact with true immortals and high beings reaching back to the origin...

and not just some lower spirits that claim to be that...

thnakx much in advance

Harry

Thank you for taking the time to answer...

allow me to dig a little further...

now: I assume that between lowest spirits /demons / ghosts and highest ones there a pretty many "shades" & "colors" in between... could it possibly be that you might have access to a middle level being/spirit but not to any higher and thereby can still perform what you do with the lower level ones.

IF the FU you know about is only working below the level of that middle spirit there would be no way to be protected against it, right?

The reason I go into that is because there are so many out there (and over the recent monthes this has become a dear topic to me) who claim absolute knowledge, to be the only ones having hold onto it etc. (as seen on the wonderful topic about "eating meat or not")...

while I have my trouble with Falun Gong and Master Li Hongzhi he once said something interesting: something similar to:

"every master leads his students to his own heaven"

implicating there are many realms that are still not the highest...

further: recently I came across Serge. His ideas probably are not as new as some of his students believe them to be (and he says they are from the highest beings and at least the true source itself)... but still fascinating: According to him the world we are in has created its own spiritual realm (which many try to access via spiritual practices) but at the end of the day this is just kept up by our lower level consciousness or ideas about it. And that outside that spiritual realm there is a much higher one.

Now: if we all do our practices and talk about reaching out into the allencompassing and maybe one day uniting back into "THE ONE"... there again is no guarantee that "THE ONE" is the "true one" or the "false one" as we still might perceive it the other way round.

so. Where does your security come from?

just "knowing" is not enough, as so many people give that as an explanation... and either all of them are right, or at least some of them wrong...

thankx much for taking the time to read

:)

Harry

Hi,

No matter what, FaLun Gong is not a religion and it is just a chi gung school that use many evil ways to promote in the past, enough of those news already in hong kong, very scary. Therefore, I do not really like that system.

But for Taoism, there are really no master who can tell you they are bringing you to heaven or something. In my lineage, I just teach my students the theory of nature and how to do their practise, to first cope with nature and then know the nature, and then help others by putting everything into practise. FU is the practise where you put all these theories into practical use.

FU is working for ANY kind of things in nature because it is part of nature and use a very powerful power source. Which can work on any spirits level as you asked.

No matter low, middle or high spirits, they are very easy to differiate from their energy level and energy color. Nothing can hide. But the way to distinguish is hard because you have to learn how to SEE them and get the ability first. But that is not impoosible to learn.

By practising, you will learn the tao on your own, the practise just do the job of LEADING you to the right track. Wether you go to heaven or not, it doesn't really matter. It's just fate and karma. Why bother?

Anymore questions I didn't answer?

Mak Tin Si

Thank you for taking the time to answer...

allow me to dig a little further...

now: I assume that between lowest spirits /demons / ghosts and highest ones there a pretty many "shades" & "colors" in between... could it possibly be that you might have access to a middle level being/spirit but not to any higher and thereby can still perform what you do with the lower level ones.

IF the FU you know about is only working below the level of that middle spirit there would be no way to be protected against it, right?

The reason I go into that is because there are so many out there (and over the recent monthes this has become a dear topic to me) who claim absolute knowledge, to be the only ones having hold onto it etc. (as seen on the wonderful topic about "eating meat or not")...

while I have my trouble with Falun Gong and Master Li Hongzhi he once said something interesting: something similar to:

"every master leads his students to his own heaven"

implicating there are many realms that are still not the highest...

further: recently I came across Serge. His ideas probably are not as new as some of his students believe them to be (and he says they are from the highest beings and at least the true source itself)... but still fascinating: According to him the world we are in has created its own spiritual realm (which many try to access via spiritual practices) but at the end of the day this is just kept up by our lower level consciousness or ideas about it. And that outside that spiritual realm there is a much higher one.

Now: if we all do our practices and talk about reaching out into the allencompassing and maybe one day uniting back into "THE ONE"... there again is no guarantee that "THE ONE" is the "true one" or the "false one" as we still might perceive it the other way round.

so. Where does your security come from?

just "knowing" is not enough, as so many people give that as an explanation... and either all of them are right, or at least some of them wrong...

thankx much for taking the time to read

:)

Harry

Thank you, Mak Tin Si,

No matter low, middle or high spirits, they are very easy to differiate from their energy level and energy color. Nothing can hide. But the way to distinguish is hard because you have to learn how to SEE them and get the ability first. But that is not impoosible to learn.

How do you know for sure that your interpretation of the energy colors is the appropriate and correct one?

thankx in advance

Harry

I have mantra that I use when somebody is rude in traffic or in departmant store............I say to them......."Yuk Fu!!!" and if does not work, I keep replying with intention..............Intention is very important......"Yuk Fu.........Yuk Fu..............Yuk Fu!!!"

Then I use special hand mudra to really ward off the offender and they at the same time use their own mantra and mudra...............situation is usually discharged................. very cool :) !

Thank you, Mak Tin Si,

How do you know for sure that your interpretation of the energy colors is the appropriate and correct one?

thankx in advance

Harry

That is actually one of the more important things he has said and I wholeheartedly agree with him.

A person could go on and on about how does someone know, but inner Knowing is something that has been attained and is not really something that can be linearly explained to others. What can be done is to help others have this inner knowing for themselves.