jaloo

The FU that is annoying

Mak Tin Si

Is there a FU that we can use to force you to display some courtesy and combine your threads into one?

Please, would you create a single thread and post new FU ads into it so those of us who would like to see the other threads can pass it by?

Edited by jaloo

Dear Mak Tin Si,

I admire your enthusiasm for things Taoist. I agree, for example you could combine all the Feng Shui information under one thread, IMO. I appreciate all the information. I'm not quite used to getting a lot at warp speed though.

Dear Mak Tin Si,

I admire your enthusiasm for things Taoist. I agree, for example you could combine all the Feng Shui information under one thread, IMO. I appreciate all the information. I'm not quite used to getting a lot at warp speed though.

I agree it is easy to muddy the water with such an onslaught of infomation. Interesting as it may be.

Personally I don't have a problem with the Fu posts.

But I do have a problem with people using the discussion board to place posts criticising others -- perhaps a more tactful, compassionate, way might have been to send a private message request instead.

And dare I say it all the "hanger on" replies supporting the initial message is also disappointing. How much salt does one need to rub in the wound of a public dressing down?

After all Mak tin Si is posting with the best of intentions to share what he knows -- even if some of you might wish he did it an alternative way.

Dare I say it Taoism tells us a lot about tolerance and forbearance...

And dare I say it all the "hanger on" replies supporting the initial message is also disappointing. How much salt does one need to rub in the wound of a public dressing down?

After all Mak tin Si is posting with the best of intentions to share what he knows -- even if some of you might wish he did it an alternative way.

Most of the "hanger on" replies, IMO, actually softened what the OP started with.

And MTS intentions do seem to be quite good. But that is the beauty of a relatively open forum, we all get to have our opinions. MTS gets to make his numerous FU posts and others get to make posts about how MTS's FU posts are annoying/getting in the way of other things they want to see. And you get the opportunity to "dress down" those who you either disagree or are disappointed with.

I figure it just brings more flavor to the soup!

We are all going somewhere and we seem to be going together...like it or not!

Most of the "hanger on" replies, IMO, actually softened what the OP started with.

And MTS intentions do seem to be quite good. But that is the beauty of a relatively open forum, we all get to have our opinions. MTS gets to make his numerous FU posts and others get to make posts about how MTS's FU posts are annoying/getting in the way of other things they want to see. And you get the opportunity to "dress down" those who you either disagree or are disappointed with.

Sorry you miss the point: why do you need to criticise in a public way? I thought Asian culture was very sensitive to the need to make sure the other "keeps face"?

And as for my dressing down, it was sticking up for some respect to a guy who devotes a ot of time to this Forum, whose absence would be a great loss to this Forum, and who 17 people thought it right to comment "touche" etc.

There is a difference between imparting meaningful comments rather than just criticising? I mean that what they do in youtube, surely not here?

This has nothing to do with my personal feelings, other than a plea to adhere to some quality control and manners before letting off your "opinions".

Edited by altiora

this is exactly why we need a separate forum for neigong/qigong discussion XD

this is exactly why we need a separate forum for neigong/qigong discussion XD

There may be some benefit to it for sure. But I do like the amount of activity we have been seeing. Ego aside, it is good to see people taking ownership in the places they visit.

But I do have a problem with people using the discussion board to place posts criticising others -- perhaps a more tactful, compassionate, way might have been to send a private message request instead.

I like the way this place works and the kind of mix of threads, some share knowledge, some express opinion, some recount an interesting experience. I like the fact that it is eclectic and holds all knowledge under one roof. I like the fact that people can use humor and argument (in the broad sense) to make their point.

I just thought that the OP was using humor to reinforce a request which I have read a few times elsewhere that the FU posts are perhaps merged into a single Fu thread for those who are interested.

I do think Taoism teaches about tolerance and forbearance. Strange that those who quote these principles want to shut everyone else up though.

Sorry you miss the point: why do you need to criticise in a public way? I thought Asian culture was very sensitive to the need to make sure the other "keeps face"?

And as for my dressing down, it was sticking up for some respect to a guy who devotes a ot of time to this Forum, whose absence would be a great loss to this Forum, and who 17 people thought it right to comment "touche" etc.

There is a difference between imparting meaningful comments rather than just criticising? I mean that what they do in youtube, surely not here?

This has nothing to do with my personal feelings, other than a plea to adhere to some quality control and manners before letting off your "opinions".

I missed nothing. You seem to be the one missing something...maybe a mirror to look at your self with.

Just because you don't agree with someone else's criticism doesn't mean it is not valuable or accurate for that matter.

And as far as I have seen, MTS has no problem sticking up for himself. In fact, I see threads like this a counter-balance to MTS's FU threads. Dark without light and all that stuff!

Actually the open nature of the messages is really important.

People tend very often to ignore private message, and any critic that is coming from a single person is seen as a weirdnes from the the criticiser part. Often we consider seriously a critic only if it gets combined by many people. And regarding face... Mak seem to be quite happy to criticise other people. So since he is happy to play by our rules, why shouldn't he deserve the same honor.

For the matter, I do agree that mybe having the messages about Fu together would be better for both Mak, Mak students and the rest of the gang. Having all of them in a thread, or having Mak starting a Personal Practice Discussion, like Mal is doing here: http://www.thetaobums.com/Mak-Tin-Si-f93.html

MTS shows no courtesy to the other users by controlling his posts peddling his wares. He claims he is not selling anything, but many of his posts let the reader now how to use the FU once it arrives or that the FU is available at his shop or temple.

This is internet marketing, plain and simple. If you google taoist fu, his TB posts show on the front page. MTS is a good marketer and I hope that many folks buy his products.

As I opined earlier - the basic problem is one of growth. We have had more than a few negative reactions to the Kunlun onslaught and this new wave of Fu is similar. There is an element of salesmanship on this site -I also am trying to introduce folks to my book of sonnets...

http://www.lulu.com/pdgart... B);):)

So there youz bums!

Creating a more cohesive offering would help. It seems that a least a few here think that the intrusive nature of so many posts from a single person who is trying to offer wares as well as wisdom is not entirely appropriate. therefore- a more cohesive offering may be a good idea for both kunlun and Fu entries...

but for me the time it takes to re-find threads I am interested in has grown so much anyway -the input from any one source seems sort of by the way-(pun intended)-

happy holidays and new year gang!

His intentions are for you to buy his FU and the handy dandy FU pouch and dont forget your cool but energetically colored FU pouch cord.

Instead of preaching virtues and Taoist ways of cultivation , I wonder the intention so anxiously of preaching

the omnipotence of a written symbol ? A medium , which maybe effective, has ridiculously taken the place of a much greater aim , the Tao. Never can you begin chasing after something trivial and end up in attaining the Great .

Edited by exorcist_1699

His intentions are for you to buy his FU and the handy dandy FU pouch and dont forget your cool but energetically colored FU pouch cord.

what will happen to his fu when he gets kicked in the FUPA?

Edited by Vajrasattva

You know, most of the people in this thread are pathetic. You are coming here to this forum to try and learn and better yourself, and now act like bratty children. The only rudeness around here, is these people suddenly popping out of the woodwork bitching about MTS's posts. If you're that damn lazy you cant click the buttons to see older threads, what are you doing here? In the past month or so, the true colors of most of the people on this forum have come out. You're not here to better yourself, but only to escape the demons of your own past. You only like the topic as long as it doesn't look to much like the religion you hate.

I at times wish more people talked here on practice, practice methods they have learned, and experiences of practice.

Like in the old days in China - and starting to happen again now - The schools of Wudang, Huashan, Ermei, and Shaolin would come together - a few mem bers from each group - and have talks on theory, share some forms, methods, and seek to grow, share and expand their arts......

We could do more of that here, and maybe something new could come out, or maybe we could get some needed insights, etc.

It seems to me there is a lot of arguing here at times, and name calling, and slander....

These things really serve no good........

On posts.......

I think this is a place of freedom - but there should be some basic manner -

but I also think, we should not react to such things.....

Nothing is forever, this shall all change eventually.......