Sign in to follow this  
gossamer

Our Story

Gossimer,

I can't help you. It's obvious you have know clue at all what your talking about on the linux front, yet believe you do. I'm sorry my friend, I'm not going to argue and fight to try and help you when you already "know" better than I do.

I'm sorry about my last post, I'm just getting frustrated trying to help you. If you want my help with your computer please empty your cup of knowledge, because its quite stale. You blame a lot on this other person but honestly it sounds to me more like your just inexperienced in doing advanced tasks on the the computer which isn't abnormal for most people. I think you should take about 20 deep breaths and smoke a big J and do some peaceful meditation, blank out for a while and chillax.

You need a pair of needle nose pliers to reset your cmos if its pasword protected. There is a clear cmos jumper on your motherboard. Alternately you can remove the bios battery and let it sit for about ten minutes. (if your opening your computer case make sure you unplug your power cable first)

That is assuming its password protected, if it isn't you hit a key like delete or F2 or whatever key is appropriate for your bios, once inside the bios you can reset to defaults.

Next you need a new linux disk, you boot to it instead of from the hard drive. http://ftp.heanet.ie/pub/linuxmint.com/sta...LinuxMint-6.iso You can use your favorite burning software to burn the iso file to a disk. I recommend linux mint, its based off ubuntu and it has all the extra features pre-installed and configured and has a nicer looking interface to boot.

Now about your root password, when you install ubuntu or ubuntu derivatives like linux mint. You choose a login and password. This password is used to give programs root access to your computer It is required each time you start your computer to log into it, so make sure you write down your username and password and keep it in a safe place where you wont forget it.

Now when and if you reinstall linux on your machine, you need to delete all partitions and start over from scratch. Unless you have data that needs to be backed up first.

Edited by mwight

I'm sorry about my last post, I'm just getting frustrated trying to help you. If you want my help with your computer please empty your cup of knowledge, because its quite stale. You blame a lot on this other person but honestly it sounds to me more like your just inexperienced in doing advanced tasks on the the computer which isn't abnormal for most people. I think you should take about 20 deep breaths and smoke a big J and do some peaceful meditation, blank out for a while and chill

I get frustrated too..... would love to help. If I didn't have to get an airfare I'd even ask David if he really is doing this to you :ph34r: I'm sure he would answer honestly in person :blink: Looked at the photo's and I think he just needs some love to make him a happy chappy. Most people are just lonely.

Anyhow IMHO this David may have hacked your pc a bit, once in a while. And now every problem is attributed to him. You've been into this stuff so you know how good curses work. eg

and now when I post, I DON'T

have to sign in, or out, which leads me to believe, that Silver Crow,

is also 'riding in' on my ID, and password, for this group.

Incorrect assumption

All we really want to do is help you out. Even though I have little faith in police there usually is a reason why people don't get arrested. I have known people to tell rather fantastic stories, and attribute events to their own actions, to make themselves seem important. I feel David is one of these people. However reading the rest of your story there are some "real" actions happening too. Leaking medical info is stupid for someone that terrifies EVERYBODY in the Arkansas neo-pagan community with his hacking abilities :)

There are some great suggestions that won't cost money. Teaming up with a Linux guru, like mwight, would be my choice. Plus a bit of spiritual "protection" if you feel the need.

Hope you have some success. Try to stay cool and have some fun over Xmas.

Edited by Mal

Mal said:

"I'm sure he would answer honestly in person blink.gif Looked at the photo's and I think he just needs some love to make him a happy chappy. Most people are just lonely.

Socio-paths do NOT really know the difference between "telling the truth", or "lying".

He was just newly married 3 years ago, this coming February.

So much for "love" and "happiness".

Read the diagnosis below for socio-pathy.

They have NO CONSCIENCE.

Diagnostic criteria

Three or more of the following are required:[1]

1. Failure to conform to social norms with respect to lawful behaviors as indicated by repeatedly performing acts that are grounds for arrest;

2. Deceitfulness, as indicated by repeatedly lying, use of aliases, or conning others for personal profit or pleasure;

3. Impulsivity or failure to plan ahead;

4. Irritability and aggressiveness, as indicated by repeated physical fights or assaults;

5. Reckless disregard for safety of self or others;

6. Consistent irresponsibility, as indicated by repeated failure to sustain consistent work behavior or honor financial obligations;

7. Lack of remorse, as indicated by being indifferent to or rationalizing having hurt, mistreated, or stolen from another.

The antisocial behavior must not occur exclusively during an episode of schizophrenia or a manic episode.[3]

Sex differences: According to DSM-IV (in a 1994 publication by the APA), Antisocial Personality disorder is diagnosed in approximately three percent of all males and one percent of all females.[1]

[edit] Symptoms

Characteristics of people with antisocial personality disorder may include:[citation needed]

* Persistent lying or stealing

* Superficial charm

* Apparent lack of remorse or empathy; inability to understand having hurt others

* Inability to keep jobs or stay in school

* Impulsivity and/or recklessness[4][5]

* Lack of realistic, long-term goals -- an inability or persistent failure to develop and execute long-term plans and goals

* Inability to make or keep friends, or maintain relationships such as marriage

* Poor behavioral controls -- expressions of irritability, annoyance, impatience, threats, aggression, and verbal abuse; inadequate control of anger and temper

* Narcissism, elevated self-appraisal or a sense of extreme entitlement

* A persistent agitated or depressed feeling (dysphoria)

* A history of childhood conduct disorders

* Recurring difficulties with the law

* Tendency to violate the rights and boundaries of others

* Substance abuse

* Aggressive, often violent behavior; prone to getting involved in fights

* Inability to tolerate boredom

* Disregard for the safety of self or others

* People with a diagnosis of antisocial personality disorder often experience difficulties with authority figures.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antisocial_personality_disorder

Edited by gossamer

It feels bad , not being believed, but your still a good man Mal!

And I DO wanna be healed!

Albion

Mal S******* BA Psychology.

So I know what the DSM-IV (Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders) lists for sociopaths ;)

Look, he's got this blocked on my computer, but you need to do a search on Ask.com for:

'The Yeti's Cyber Smithy, Death Threats From Arkansas Pagan Pride'

This will tell you what I've been TRYING to say, is TRUE.

And your better do your search FAST before he removes it like he did from Google.com!

Edited by gossamer

It feels bad , not being believed,

? confused.

Look, he's got this blocked on my computer, but you need to do a search on Ask.com for:

'The Yeti's Cyber Smithy, Death Threats From Arkansas Pagan Pride'

and ? confused

Dear Bak Mei,

Do you think that I could buy an old 'tower' I-Mac G-4 with an OS 9 Disk for what, maybe $200.00, to maybe $300.00 dollars??

I can't do it anytime soon, but I'm just wondering.

Maybe by next Summer.

I've got a 22 inch monitor, and I wanna use that, and that's why I'd buy a tower I-Mac G-4.

Could you please tell me the price range, for those kind of I-Macs?

Thanks for your help.

Peace, gossamer

Yes, depending if they are for sale or not in your area. Here on the west coast, G4 towers go for $100-300 depending on how loaded they are. There are always a bunch on craigslist. Sometimes I see imac's for $100 cheap.

good luck

HALLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

WHAT HAVE THIS CONVERSATION ANYTHING TO DO WHIT TAOISM? THIS IS Taoist Discussion part of the forum!! Why not put this conversation somewere else i lose my time reading all this :angry: because i was hoping to read something about Taoism so please STOP :angry::angry:

HALLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

WHAT HAVE THIS CONVERSATION ANYTHING TO DO WHIT TAOISM? THIS IS Taoist Discussion part of the forum!! Why not put this conversation somewere else i lose my time reading all this :angry: because i was hoping to read something about Taoism so please STOP :angry::angry:

You dont need the Tao you need Prozac

Sign in to follow this