Yoda

Warrior Wellness vs 5 Tibetans

Any opinions? I like doing the WW program more as it isn't a stretch per se, seems easier to do, and I can do it while standing which I dig. I noticed Sean seemed to recommend the 5 Tibetans recently over WW on the HT forum.

My experience in the past with the 5 Tibetans has been extremely positive, but I haven't been able to get into it recently.

Maybe I can do the WW plus spinning and call it good.

-Yoda

Any opinions?  I like doing the WW program more as it isn't a stretch per se, seems easier to do, and I can do it while standing which I dig.  I noticed Sean seemed to recommend the 5 Tibetans recently over WW on the HT forum. 

My experience in the past with the 5 Tibetans has been extremely positive, but I haven't been able to get into it recently. 

Maybe I can do the WW plus spinning and call it good.

-Yoda

6528[/snapback]

damn! I got that WW over a month ago and still haven't done any of it....

mainly because I watched it once and thot it looked like what we do in tai chi as warmups and other exercises..... so being pressed for time and realizing what a blessing to have in my teacher(s), and them being here live in the flesh, I thot to really focus on what they are giving me and advance as well as I can while I have this chance.

then maybe dvds would be of some use..... but I am looking forward to the prasara one.

I have done the 5t's and found them instantly effective.... and my opinion is to do whichever one draws you for a spell till the other one takes over or alternate days or do them both.... the 5 t's are short any way.

Any opinions?  I like doing the WW program more as it isn't a stretch per se, seems easier to do, and I can do it while standing which I dig.  I noticed Sean seemed to recommend the 5 Tibetans recently over WW on the HT forum. 

6528[/snapback]

Oh, Yoda, I was recommending the "Five Minute Miracle" tape by Steve Barnes. It's a fusion of Sonnon's "Be Breathed" protocol with The Five Tibetans. (Speaking of which, who has that right now?) I recommended it over WW because it was for Karen who has fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue and 5 Tibetans can be approach even more gently than WW. You can do just 1 of each Tibetan and build very gradually. When I first got WW, I did it twice a day every day for a few months and it produced several detox type reactions way more powerful than anything I've experienced from even extreme Yoga. These had even me in bed so I didn't want to recommend to Karen on HT at first. As simple as WW looks, I think it can stimulate toxin flushing, bring up and release residual muscle tension (tension chains), and bring emotional issues to the surface for processing/release. 5 Tibetans can be approached more gradually ... you could even spread all five out through a day if it was too difficult to do them all at once.

Sean.

WW is easier and more enticing for me than the 5 Tibetans, but I'll do a quick spinning before a WW set as the spinning is fun and easy and gets those chakras humming.

Sean--Interesting about the detox effects you got. It sounds like you like the WW better on the whole. I actually find the 5T harder and more exhausting while the WW is easy and energizing. I would think that a condensed WW would be less taxing than the 5T.

It's both effective and enjoyable--my two requirements.

-Yoda

Sean--Interesting about the detox effects you got.  It sounds like you like the WW better on the whole.  I actually find the 5T harder and more exhausting while the WW is easy and energizing.  I would think that a condensed WW would be less taxing than the 5T.

6543[/snapback]

Hmmm... that's interesting feedback. Maybe I'll send her WW instead. I read somewhere that Scott said you could even start out doing WW while seated. And I still haven't tracked down who has the 5MM. :unsure:

Yo yo yo, I got that 5 minute miracle up in here. I enjoy doing it occasionaly, as it takes about 1 minute for me to do each posture once, perhaps 25 seconds if I'd like to get a quick recharge. As for Warrior Wellness, I went through each of the 2 levels about 10 times, and lately I havent been doing through at all, but simply doing whatever movements I feel I need form me joints. Did Ron really die?

My hands feel so much more chi in them these days due to clubbels, the nature of their weight is such that you have to have to be developing your grip.

By the way, I was wonderng what knuckledragger means?

And as we are talking about quick, efficient qi gong forms, another one I must mention is the 8 peices of brocades. This mofo is based on the I ching. Sometimes I like to do each of the 8 moves just once or twice, whatever feels right, this is on the level of the 5 minute miracle and warrior wellness I think, because it always make me feel very balanced. 1 other great Qi gong is the 18 hands of luohan, it is almost like warrior wellness in that it does grea thing for the joing only with more tai-chi like movements. luohan.com

This is from the founder of marital arts-Bodhidharma!

By the way, on the rare occasions when I do do warrior wellness, I will get my entire body moveing joint even if I am saposed to be concentrating on my pinkie, I really exgerate it like its a dance.

Keep up! taobums

Thanks to you guys!

I just timed myself doing the 5 tibetans and it took 45 seconds to do each posture once, thats without my beloved meditation/self massage tho.

On the other hand, WW takes like 40 minutes to do all the way through!

6560[/snapback]

Are you on the Advanced level? I think you can zip through advanced in like 15 minutes if you have it memorized.

Re: knuckledragger, I think if you do a search on RMAX there are some posts explaining what that means. I've forgotten.

Sean.

i fux with the advanced a bit..ill have to try that...i just love clubbels, they are the oldest weapon/strength training tool in man kind, and they exist in every culture. because these reasons they have been oping my chi a lot, and i even have mad sexy dreams now...

i fux with the advanced a bit..ill have to try that...i just love clubbels, they are the oldest weapon/strength training tool in man kind, and they exist in every culture. because these reasons they have been oping my chi a lot, and i even have mad sexy dreams now...

6593[/snapback]

Cool!

Thanks to you guys!

I just timed myself doing the 5 tibetans and it took 45 seconds to do each posture once, thats without my beloved meditation/self massage tho.

6560[/snapback]

40 minutes????????

what are you doing all of the programs one after the other?

takes me like 15 to do the beginner, which is what i am currently happy to work on.

and i love it!

it's my morning start, every morning.

after that i glide through the day.

also from doing it i feel i get warm from inside out, the joints warm up and that seeps into the rest of the body.

add to that some shaking, teeth tapping, sacrum and kidney rubbing and some belly laughing and thats my entire morning routine (followed of course by some sitting meditation).

it's my morning start, every morning.

after that i glide through the day.

also from doing it i feel i get warm from inside out, the joints warm up and that seeps into the rest of the body.

add to that some shaking, teeth tapping, sacrum and kidney rubbing and some belly laughing and thats my entire morning routine (followed of course by some sitting meditation).

6630[/snapback]

Sounds like a killer morning routine you got there neimad!

I've been doing the 5 tibetans for about 4 years, but kind of slacked off on them when my qigongroutine got too long. I think they are great in creating heat in the body, detox, and maintaining bloodflow in the spine/joints. They also have a bit of cardio effect when done quickly.

What I got from them was all the above, until I realized I had rushed through them all these years. (Mainly because I found them abit too boring). I have started them up again now in a more mindful and soft style. I focus on melting from segment to segment in the 4 yoga poses, and opening from within instead of doing them "physically": big difference. They open the central channel, it feels like now.

Btw: have anyone here done the 6th rite?

h

Btw: have anyone here done the 6th rite?

6637[/snapback]

Wasn't that one just straight up celibacy?

okay 40 minutes was an exaggeration. Yeah that is a nice morning routine Neimad. Gotta love the belly laughing. hahahaha. Try liver and spleen and kidney and heart laughing. You can even do root, belly, heart, neck, crown..

3rd eye laughing! hahahahaha...different frequency sound for each part...

"I focus on melting from segment to segment in the 4 yoga poses, and opening from within instead of doing them "physically": big difference. They open the central channel, it feels like now."

Awesome IN sights! Will have to remembr that! :lol:

okay 40 minutes was an exaggeration. Yeah that is a nice morning routine Neimad. Gotta love the belly laughing. hahahaha. Try liver and spleen and kidney and heart laughing. You can even do root, belly, heart, neck, crown..

3rd eye laughing! hahahahaha...different frequency sound for each part...

6652[/snapback]

cool!

elaborate a little more on how you would go about laughing to the different organs.

also gonna start adding some testicular massage to morning routine haha. (testicle laughing??)

Yeah I love testicle massage. Particularly lightly tapping them, as it says to do in Bone Marrow Nei Kung, Iron Shit 3. I do before bed and in the morning.

Laughing to the organs is something you cant force, or else it wont work, you have to genuinely think of a reason to make internal organs laugh not only in the jing but shen too, to activate the chi. I find that after doing this a lot, and then going to a party, you will have a big smile on your face and perhaps be the life of the party...you will be more apt to laugh in your real life...its great. Even some thing that might normally make you cry, you coud start laughing instead. Laughing has great benefits for sexual energy too. Even for martial arts, you will develop a springyness so that if someone hits you, it bounces right off! Its funny how something so goofy is such a great martial arts practice. (i learned to be crative and some details of this practice through Michael Frost's video, Qi Robotics)

Wasn't that one just straight up celibacy?

6645[/snapback]

Sean, I seem to remeber that the 6th rite was a breath retention yoga exercise that is similar to some pranayama where you exhale, suck in the stomach while raising the shoulders, holding the breath and lowering the shoulders. Done max 3 times. This was supposed to raise the energy from the lower body, to the higher to avoid sexual impulses to become too strong. '

I did it for a while, but it had no noticable effect, so I may have done it wrong.

Also, I am reluctant to do practices that seem overly forced, like this one.

h

Sean, I seem to remeber that the 6th rite was a breath retention yoga exercise that is similar to some pranayama where you exhale, suck in the stomach while raising the shoulders, holding the breath and lowering the shoulders. Done max 3 times. This was supposed to raise the energy from the lower body, to the higher to avoid sexual impulses to become too strong. '

I did it for a while, but it had no noticable effect, so I may have done it wrong.

Also, I am reluctant to do practices that seem overly forced, like this one.

6722[/snapback]

Ahhh.. interesting, thanks for the report Hagar, I'd never heard of this. Yes I've seen this exhale-suck-stomach-in move in various yoga tapes/books. Actually this latest Ana Forest DVD I picked up has this on it and it's pretty insane looking how far she can suck in her whole lower abdomen. Then she starts doing this rolling motion that borders on disturbing but I imagine it gives the internal organs below the ribs a nice massage.

That sounds very cool! What are the specifics? (mudra, visualization, etc)

6789[/snapback]

This mudra seems too complicated to describe, but just sit crosslegged for a while and visualize a pair of sparks at both sides of the tailbone, then let the left be white in color and the right be red. Feel the white one slip over to the red, and dissappear. Feel the effect, observe in a detatched way what is happening.

Maybe you feel a bit of tingling, warmth, vibration, light.

try it

h