Sign in to follow this  
Mak_Tin_Si

Buddhism, Taoism, Confusionism are one family

As requested from the moderator of TaoBum, I have moved to this forum : http://www.daoismworld.com right now.

So if you want to talk to me or ask me anything about Taoism, please feel free to go over to this forum and enjoy the new forum. New members for discussion are also welcomed.

http://www.daoismworld.com

Mak Tin Si

Edited by Mak_Tin_Si

That Confucianism , Taoism and Buddhism is one family ,such saying in fact arose very early back to the Sung Dynasty , i.e. nearly 800 years ago . It is widely believed in the Chinese Taoist circle as a truth although such claim may not be agreed by the Chinese Buddhists .

In fact, Confucianism talks about qi quite frequently notwithstanding that it is always in a moral context ;

however, it is also the significance of the Confucian qigong . It is through our moral behavior , our undergoing sufferings ,condemnation and disregard in the crowd yet without change of virtue , not hiding away from the crowd on the high mountain , that our qi , our gong (efficiency of practice) expanded and upgraded .

Some sects of the Chinese Buddhism also talk about qi , it even developed a branch of medicine itself

,especially in orthopedics, maybe it is related to the Shaolin Kung fu practice..

Anyway, the delicate mixture of these 3 schools is undeniable , any sectarian view should be refuted , at least from the Taoist point of view.

However, quite a lot of members on this forum like to say that all religions , i.e., Judaism, Christianity

Taoism , Buddhism.. are saying the same thing , which is unlikely to be correct. In other religions, for example, there is no concept called qi , there is no concrete steps to manipulate it , upgrade it , and make the successful practitioners god-like persons who grasp their own destiny in their own hands...the difference is big enough to offset any facial similarity.

Edited by exorcist_1699

I did some studying at Confucian temples in Korea, and basically agree.

I'm not sure of the history involved, or whether they actually derived from the same practices in the human world, but . . .

Ultimately I think that Confucianism is definitely a part of Taoism, and . . .

Taoism seeks to return to truth, while buddhism seeks to destroy illusion. It's just like two sides of the same coin, I think.

Hi, I have read about the Bon Po, and this religion is really not the stuff that give birth to Taoism and Buddhism. It is just another religion BEFORE budhhism was born. But not Taoism. I can see that the lama in bon po are having such a tradition but they are not like what you have mentioned. You know when Taoism begins? It begins WAY EARLIER than even the first king of Chinese exsist. (wong dee) You can see that because Wong-Dee was taught by an immortal called Gau Tin Yuen Nui already, which means there WAS immortal way back before the time of WongDee already which was around 5-6000 years ago form now. The real date of when Taoism was found is really not in history because no cne will record it back then, but it could be known when you study more into the religion. By that time, Persia haven't even reach China yet.

Also from history reading, Bon Po really just have to do with buddhism more and much more than with Taoism. You can see that bon po is being opposed by Buddhism that is why they are forming their own different school than buddhism. It is just part of Mat Jung 密宗(in chinese). Nothing so special.

I have known people who study this Bon Po and did black magic on people in the past. I am the one to cure this guy who gto the black magic. Not too hard, not as magical as you said. On the other hand, I really think those guys who claim to be Gong Tau masters in the thai nowadays are more powerful than these claimed bon po masters. For most of the time. Of course I cannot say ALL bon po are not powerful because I know there are always a higher one hidden.

General speak, I really do not think Bon Po is before Taoism because it really have nothing much to do with Taoism. If you refer Taoism to the one formed at Han Dynasty, then that is the reason why you think Taoism is not a very old religion compared to Bon. This Taoism was found WAY before han dynasty. It was just "unified" and "systemized" in the Han Dynasty, not found in the Han Dynasty.

Yes it all comes from Bon Po. Which comes from a much older "system" from Ancient Persia.

Edited by Mak_Tin_Si

===

In Canada, you can also find a temple which have claim to be three school in one with buddhism, confusionism and taoism in a TAOISM temple. The temple is TAOISM based but the things taught are in 3 schools. This is because they inherit the lineage of Chuen Jan 全真派, which promote some buddhism practise in the practise of Taoism and confusionism. I saw their school, they teach the westerners mostly confusionism rituals and stuff, Chinese learn Taoism. Buddhism is just part of each. Very interesting how they can blend that up.

You can even see ALL the confusionism text and mantras are from Taoism. Which is quite a proof for Maang ji, Zhang Zi to be Taoism practitioners before they are in confusionism. Also, Hung Ji have learned from Lao Zi too. That is another fact that may give you some enlightment.

200609261130134fcec.jpg

I have included a picture which I found online for confusionism school doing "rituals" too. You can see they are very taoism feeling.

00080287d0980873e90c08.jpg

Worshiping for Hung Ji ceremony done.

b_ks05-35-01.jpg

Another picture with even ALTAR that worship the Hung Ji (founder of confusionism). This is a temple of confusionism.

1070760_019696.jpg

A picture of confusionism student in their suits. Do you just feel they are more like Taoist? Just nice to see them in their suit. Feels very positive and wise.

Sign in to follow this