Sign in to follow this  
gossamer

Want To Say Im Sorry

I've hurt people here, and made some others angry.

This won't make much difference now, but Mak Tin Si, I'M really sorry.

I honestly have been 'shaken down' (demanded money from) by churchianity.

I truly do NOT understand the Chinese system of paying money for spirituality.

It reminds me of preachers begging (demanding) for money.

I'm sorry if that disturbs anyone. But it's the truth.

I really mean what I say about compassion.

I best leave until I get it learned.

For those I hurt besides Mak Tin Si, I'm sorry to you too.

For those who are mad, I understand.

I've really enjoyed my time here, and my thanks to Sean for running a great forum.

To my friend Stigwerd, I'll miss you as I said.

To Ya mu, I'm sorry that I didn't get to know you better.

Please forgive me for being an ass, I'm sorry.

gossamer

Edited by gossamer

Hi,

I do accept your apology. Enjoy posting and playing around, no need to leave. This is just an open place which no body can tell anyone to leave or do anything. We are just sharing knowledge here.

Mo Leung Tin Juen

Mak Tin Si

gossamer

There is no need to leave.

It takes a brave heart to say you are sorry......

I understand your view, and it is fine.....

Please stay and be a part of this family, and we can all learn together.

We have some free materials and articles we have posted online, and maybe it can give you some idea.

~ Taoist Resourses ~

Good luck in your path and journey.......

If it makes any difference I think it's annoying as hell finding nothing but his topics when I actually DO log in.

I think it's funny people find it annoying. He just happens to be an active member of the forum. Maybe he is just posting at the level that the forum "needs"? And we are all just lagging behind in our topics and posts.

I wonder if it is annoying to MTS that everyone else posts so little.

gossamer

gossamer,

If anyone here THINKS he has learned all there is to learn then they truly need to start all over from square one.

Everyone here that has never been an ass will throw the first stone. Hmmn, I don't see you getting hit yet.

I think Mak has thicker skin than you realize, none reach the level of teacher without getting hammered in the fire. It is what forges us and makes us stronger. Realize that most people have a valid view from their perspective.

Here is an exercise for you, should you choose to try it. I do it at least once a week and also ask my students to as well. I call it the great WallyWorld High Level Teachings.

Get into your qi state and visit your local wall mart (or any other large store). Walk with semi-sorcerers vision (a fancy name for simply putting your focus halfway between you and whatever you are trying to SEE). I say semi, because you need to know where you are walking :)

Then as you meet each person, say "That is me only at a different stage of development."

I think this exercise really helps us understand the interconnectedness of us all. It is not you, me, them but I & I & I.

In other words, I still have something to contribute here, and I am not ready to sign off yet, so I perhaps should consider sticking around.

I think it's funny people find it annoying. He just happens to be an active member of the forum. Maybe he is just posting at the level that the forum "needs"? And we are all just lagging behind in our topics and posts.

Great post. I find it interesting also that it is newer members of the forum that seem to be bothered the most by it.

Anyway, gossamer, no reason to go man. I'm constantly in that "I dont know jack" stage around here. Hell, for the first year or so, I barely posted, I would just come and read. Maybe you want to do something like that. Just read, and only post when you have a pressing question on something you have read. It does wonders for the blood pressure.

I just wonder where he finds the time! :lol:

Edit: Also, quantity does not always mean quality. If we look at the masters, they said very much with very little. Do not read into this as a judgement of MTS, it's just an observation. How many ideas are produced does not necessarily mean the contents lend themselves to an open discussion. I can write jibberish all day while an enlightened person can say nothing and be much more effective.

Edited by Unconditioned

it's okay not to be taken for a fool. it's okay not to be one. it's okay to be interested in learning good things and learning, practising and using them

I've hurt people here, and made some others angry.

This won't make much difference now, but Mak Tin Si, I'M really sorry.

I honestly have been 'shaken down' (demanded money from) by churchianity.

I truly do NOT understand the Chinese system of paying money for spirituality.

It reminds me of preachers begging (demanding) for money.

I'm sorry if that disturbs anyone. But it's the truth.

I really mean what I say about compassion.

For those I hurt besides Mak Tin Si, I'm sorry to you too.

For those who are mad, I understand.

I've really enjoyed my time here, and my thanks to Sean for running a great forum.

To my friend Stigwerd, I'll miss you as I said.

gossamer

As I've written on other threads this forum has GROWN so much that there are bound to be more frictions and tense interactions amongst us all...

not to worry!!!

this is all just growing pains and our bro Sean is doing a great job keeping this wonderous site afloat

do not be embarassed at all Gossamer- your perspective is not wrong- it may seem a bit overwhelming for one person to add so much here in a short period of time

there is so much coming in -not so long ago a thread would last for days on end on the 1st page -that just doesn't happen much anymore -we are losing some ease of digging deeper as we are offered so much from eachother, but I guess that can be adapted to- hope so!-

peace & love to one & all-

Pat

Edited by Wayfarer64

Oftentimes, when you let your upset out and get majorly schooled for it, you learn your lesson better. It really gets the point across. But it's not fun at all. I think that happened here.

I also think that a lot of people have learned some lessons just by witnessing this affair. I sure have.

Much respect to you, gossamer, for being man enough to apologize publicly. I have appreciated your posts in the past, but do what you have to do.

Much respect to you, Mak Tin Si, for being so patient and gracious in sharing your knowledge with us.

Great post. I find it interesting also that it is newer members of the forum that seem to be bothered the most by it.

Anyway, gossamer, no reason to go man. I'm constantly in that "I dont know jack" stage around here. Hell, for the first year or so, I barely posted, I would just come and read. Maybe you want to do something like that. Just read, and only post when you have a pressing question on something you have read. It does wonders for the blood pressure.

I personally find it annoying because he couldve posted all his FU under one topic. Not write a topic about every FU known to man

Be ashamed? Leave? That's a bit odd...

I'd say the other way around... you had the guts to say what many wouldn't. Including me. I reckon I waited for somebody else to do it... and you did. You spoke my mind, and maybe many others's too.

Of course, there is room for improvement...

This time you did it like a battle-axe...

Next time you could do it like a razor-sharp samurai blade...

For me, I rather appreciate an honest battle-axe, than a hypocrit praiser... with just one exception... me being it's subject... hehe!

Sign in to follow this