mwight

Taoists Don't Eat SPAM!

SPAM is bad for the Taoist community, Don't eat it! Especially incessant superstitious SPAM... Yuck!

That is all.

Edited by mwight

SPAM is the prince of foods..... oh.... wait.... I get it now..... yeah... hang in there dude.... how long can he keep it up? How much SPAM can one guy make? Its sorta nice seeing the east exporting crazy stuff like we have exported to them over the years. :lol:

SPAM is bad for the Taoist community, Don't eat it! Especially incessant superstitious SPAM... Yuck!

That is all.

For three hundred bucks I can sell you a Fu for Spam, I beleive in Chinese its called a Fuk Spam Fu.

You place it in an envelope with some spam and then wear it around your neck.

That's how WE Daoists do it........

B)

Please respect the religion of Taoism.

For three hundred bucks I can sell you a Fu for Spam, I beleive in Chinese its called a Fuk Spam Fu.

You place it in an envelope with some spam and then wear it around your neck.

That's how WE Daoists do it........

B)

My favorite phrase . . . "What else could it mean?" . . .

This kind of reminds me of the thing with Lijiong a few months ago . . .

Probably it's a good opportunity to improve your own xinxing. :)

I always find that when I have the same or similar problems that come up again and again - it's because I didn't learn my lesson well the first time, and so have to be tested again until I get it right.

The big waves wash away the sand. What remains in the end is pure gold.

If you have to be annoyed, it's better to be annoyed at the sand than at the waves.

Religious Taoism is a lot different then Alchemical T.

I would put it in different terms though:

fundamentalist sentiment "inspired by" taoist exposures is no different from fundamentalist stances of any other religion, philosophy, atheism or agnosticism.

On the surface, the only thing that distinguishes fundamentalism from traditionalism coupled with experiential knowledge is actually stylistic, no more than that. A fundamentalist's style is passion about his personal rightness and everybody else's wrongness. Whereas a traditionalist's, experiential initiate's style is passion about the subject matter itself.

In other words, a fundamentalist comes from "it is so because I tell you so, backed up by such and such authorities, and if you don't believe me and my authorities you are ignorant and bad and wrong and inferior." Whereas a traditionalist or an experiential initiate comes from "it is so because it is universally human, and since both you and I are human, if you do it just so, the way I do it, you will get what I got! -- an inner truth that's your very own, for which you don't have to take my word or anyone else's."

So on the surface one might not even notice the difference... but it's the difference between abuse and love! -- not so subtle at all if you see through it and to the bottom of it.

A fundamentalist may or may not be a follower of religious taoism or alchemical taoism; ditto a traditionalist. What really sets them apart is what they want from you! :lol: The former wants bowing to his and his authorities' authority, submissiveness, obedience, abolition of your own judgment; the latter, to share the thrill of discovery, to give you the tools so you can! Big, big difference... very useful to discern in every single case... but, alas, most people seldom bother to look through it and to the bottom of it. Which is the reason they wind up embracing, firmly and tenaciously, what they should really avoid, and avoiding what they would benefit tremendously from embracing.

He's a helpful person, Mak Tin Si is. He's a window to a different space than most of us inhabit, and he has good manners. Let's have good manners toward him too.

He's a helpful person, Mak Tin Si is. He's a window to a different space than most of us inhabit, and he has good manners. Let's have good manners toward him too.

second that. He's a different animal from the rest of us, but he's a good guy, well mannered, on topic, informative, and helpful. While I don't agree with lots of things he says, but am honored that he's here and so generous with his time and information.

Ive heard of another Fu called Fuk Yu Spam.

But I agree with Cat. Have good manners. Its not like this is worse than all the kunlun threads... only a little bit more religious maybe.

Ive heard of another Fu called Fuk Yu Spam.

But I agree with Cat. Have good manners. Its not like this is worse than all the kunlun threads... only a little bit more religious maybe.

It's not the content of the posts and what he says in them - I think everyone should be welcome to post whatever they want to, in a decent and respectful way.

I think it may be a little more thoughtful to allow other people's posts to also have some 'airtime' on the first page... There are 12 topics by Mak Tin Si on the first page - most of them provoke no discussion...

I think it would be more appropriate to have them condensed into a couple of topics and have them all live in the Contributed Articles Section, which would be an appropriate home for this information.

I would put it in different terms though:

fundamentalist sentiment "inspired by" taoist exposures is no different from fundamentalist stances of any other religion, philosophy, atheism or agnosticism.

On the surface, the only thing that distinguishes fundamentalism from traditionalism coupled with experiential knowledge is actually stylistic, no more than that. A fundamentalist's style is passion about his personal rightness and everybody else's wrongness. Whereas a traditionalist's, experiential initiate's style is passion about the subject matter itself.

In other words, a fundamentalist comes from "it is so because I tell you so, backed up by such and such authorities, and if you don't believe me and my authorities you are ignorant and bad and wrong and inferior." Whereas a traditionalist or an experiential initiate comes from "it is so because it is universally human, and since both you and I are human, if you do it just so, the way I do it, you will get what I got! -- an inner truth that's your very own, for which you don't have to take my word or anyone else's."

So on the surface one might not even notice the difference... but it's the difference between abuse and love! -- not so subtle at all if you see through it and to the bottom of it.

A fundamentalist may or may not be a follower of religious taoism or alchemical taoism; ditto a traditionalist. What really sets them apart is what they want from you! :lol: The former wants bowing to his and his authorities' authority, submissiveness, obedience, abolition of your own judgment; the latter, to share the thrill of discovery, to give you the tools so you can! Big, big difference... very useful to discern in every single case... but, alas, most people seldom bother to look through it and to the bottom of it. Which is the reason they wind up embracing, firmly and tenaciously, what they should really avoid, and avoiding what they would benefit tremendously from embracing.

I'm always amazed at the content and clarity of your posts. This is pretty much everything that needs to be said on the topic. Thank you!

I'm always amazed at the content and clarity of your posts. This is pretty much everything that needs to be said on the topic. Thank you!

blush... thanks! :)

Dear Taomeow,

I thought that your post was so well written, and right on, that I copied it and put it into a folder!

Great post!

Peace, gossamer

blush... thanks! :)