90_1494798740

Interesting Introduction to Taoist Practices

I found a good introduction to taoist energy work which covers a lot of aspects in a short but precise manner: MacRitchie, James: Chi Kung. Energy For Life. An introduction to the art of cultivating your energy. Thorsons, London, 2002.

It covers the Inner Smile, ... , The Micro-/Macrocosmic Orbit, The Eight Extraordinary Vessels, ... , Building a Pa Kua, ...

The part on Sexual Chi Kung is very small (Testicle/Ovarian Breathing). It has a chapter on Social Chi Kung (babies, kids, elderly people). The section on how to integrate energy work in your everyday life is also quite interesting - and something you usually don't find in other works.

Yes, that is a nice book. I found the section on emotional connections to the organs very interesting and esoteric, see below. The author, James Macritchie, is the original president of the NQA. This is a very nice book for an intro, the macrocosmic orbit section is interesting too. Although I prefer Li Jun Feng's macrocosmic orbit meditation the most, out of all the ones I have seen/studied.

liver-power

heart-love

spleen-sympathy

lungs-purity

kidneys-awe