Mak_Tin_Si

Five elements

As requested from the moderator of TaoBum, I have moved to this forum : http://www.daoismworld.com right now.

So if you want to talk to me or ask me anything about Taoism, please feel free to go over to this forum and enjoy the new forum. New members for discussion are also welcomed.

http://www.daoismworld.com

Mak Tin Si

Edited by Mak_Tin_Si

Mak Tin Si,

I'm very interested in this topic and I need both a simple starting point and a how-do-they-all-fit-together perspective, so thank you for putting this together!! Much appreciated!

Your pal,

Yoda

Not a problem.

Yes, metal is better to describe than gold. Dean is right. Gold is just direct transllation in Chinese wordings.

---

These knowledge are very important in Taoism and they do play a very important role in FU also. Without these knowledge, you will be not able to explain the TAO-nature much and work with it. For people who just stick with the DDJ like a bible, they just cannot do anything to improve their life because what they knew is just very shallow and cannot be put into practical usage to improve life much.

By knowing these above, you can change your luck around, make yourself happier, wealthier and so that you will not whine about being disabled, or low paid or anything in life. Whenever there is a problem in life, you can have a way to solve it, money, love, family.. ANYTHING. That is the real power of taoism.

So for those who whine about money, maybe you should look into the REAL learnings of taoism which can help you to change your luck and life around, make your wealthier, healthier and make Tao something practical instead of just a "FANTASY" in your mind.

Guest allan

Yin and Yang are the first to explain nature, but it is not enough. When there is earth and all these planets, we need a more specific system to explain nature. Yes, there is yin and yang in everything, but it is not enough to categories and explain the cycle of everything. So people invented the 5 elements theory.

[/qoute]

While you are providing good information on how your religious Daoist sect practices in the East and now in the West, please do not get carried away.

In ancient times, the light and the dark of nature were known. So were the Bagua, the sixty four hexagrams and the five elements. (Refer to the Book of Changes)

The yin yang theory came very much later and during the so called Warring States.

Just learning from the gods or immortals does not mean we do not have to study the theories and doctrines of the ancients. Just a short note from a fellow Taobum.

Cheerio!

Yin and Yang are the first to explain nature, but it is not enough. When there is earth and all these planets, we need a more specific system to explain nature. Yes, there is yin and yang in everything, but it is not enough to categories and explain the cycle of everything. So people invented the 5 elements theory.

I think you blur the relationship between Yin/Yang and the five elements.

May I ask what the planets have to do with understanding five elements?

I don't want to be confrontational, however I must admit something about your words set off red flags for me.

I hope I am wrong.........

It is not blurred. It is very clear indeed.

YIN and YANG are linked with 5 elements.

The planet sdo have their own 5 elements. Some just do not have it all, so there is not living things on there which is like Mars, no water, no wood, then no live. Earth have all 5 so it is filled with living nature.

No life can exsist without a full cycle of 5 elements in this universe.

For the chinese, they already categorized the planets into 5 elements planets. (basic)

just like jupiter as wood, saturn as metal..etc,. We can train ourselves to gain energy from these planets and make up for our imbalance on these energy in our life. Just like the 5 planets worhsipping.

We did tried it and it worked for many people here, so I am more than confidence to tell you that it is working and it is true.

I think you blur the relationship between Yin/Yang and the five elements.

May I ask what the planets have to do with understanding five elements?

I don't want to be confrontational, however I must admit something about your words set off red flags for me.

I hope I am wrong.........

Also the YIN and YANg theory came WAY before LaoZi and the war-period. It is the frist to come. Please read more books before you comment. when Ba Gwa was invented, they already have Yin and Yang in the system as a base, then they do combo of yin and yang only to go in deeper study. What kind of logic is that to say ba gwa came first and the yin and yang came next? Please be logical to yourself before speaking like a pro. Please. I am really surprised. Someone can create "ba gaw" which is a combo of yin and yang theory plus the five elements and directions etc,. BEFORE yin and yang is there.. wow...! What a history!

I am sorry, did I abuse you?

If you can explain why ba gwa came BEFORE yin and yang, that I will be convinced. But being so impolite, what you get is what you said too. If you be polite, you get polite answers.

I am more than confidence to say to you that YIN and YANG is the first to be discovered in the Chinese system long time ago before Lao Zi even exsist.

This is later studied by lots of people and then there ba gwa theory, and then I-Ching theory from ba gwa. But before ba gwa, FuXi already have Yin and Yang theory to create the ba gwa theory. Please look into the study of BA GWA. It is formed by 3 strokes of yin or yang to form a GWA. So where does the yin and yang strokes came from? how can ba gwa be formed without knowing the yin and yang. I do have knowledge in me that I am more than pleased to share, but please do respect the place and talk in a more polite tone. I don't mind questions or discussions, but for those who just jam in and be so rude without any knowledge, please respect.

Questions are welcomed.

Your an idiot...................

If you can explain why ba gwa came BEFORE yin and yang, that I will be convinced.

I never mentioned Ba Gua or the chronological aspect of yin/ yang, Ba Gua, or Wu xing (five elements).

You blow smoke to cover your words and jump to another topic / issue.

More red flags....................

really? look at what you asked and said. red flags are there for you to play around always, have fun with your toys.

I never mentioned Ba Gua or the chronological aspect of yin/ yang, Ba Gua, or Wu xing (five elements).

You blow smoke to cover your words and jump to another topic / issue.

More red flags....................