Spirit Ape

Damo Yi Jin Jing and Xi Sui Jin

Hello,

Wondering if anyone has done any consideral amount of years training in Damo's / shaolin muscle tendon & Bone Marrow washing classics?

If you been doing this work would you like to share some of your practice or levels attained as in have you attained anything from this practice as it also suposively a spiritual practice?

Intersted in any people journey on this practice!

Spirit Ape

Scotty,

There is plenty of clips on youtube under yijinjing as well Dr Yang Jwing Ming has a book on it which im told isnt truly correct but im interested to see how far people have gone in this practice as the famous Shaolin Monk Damo created it after sitting facing a wall in a cave. So im wondering if there is anything deeply special on these 2 systems apart of stretching and developing the body as well cleaning the bone marrow? Is it a high level practice but lost its true intention due to popular people practicing and possibly screwing it up?

Ape

I know and what is actually been kept secretly from outsiders!!!

I wonder who has the most complete version of muscle tendon and bone marrow washing?

Ape

• Like 1

any way there are a book call:

Zhou, Renfeng 周稔豐. 1989. The Book for the Revitalization of Tendons and the Purification of Marrows, Yijin xisui jing 易筋洗髓經. Tianjing: Tianjing University Press.

you also read in Dr Yang Jwing Ming book that there is a book call:

Chinese Shen Gong volume 1 to 21, Zhong Guo Shen Gong by Gong Jian Lao Ren,

write by a Humbly Studious Old Man, who is rich and his identity is unknown! Maybe in these books there are more info here and there about: Damo Yi Jin Jing and Xi Sui Jin? Who knows!?

Regards

Edited by maximolevel

Dear friend. Dr. Livia Kohn will publish a book on all these issues -A Source Book in Chinese Longevity in 2009-. The quality of the authors is indisputable and also of the translation (www.Threepinespress.com)

Hello,

Wondering if anyone has done any consideral amount of years training in Damo's / shaolin muscle tendon & Bone Marrow washing classics?

If you been doing this work would you like to share some of your practice or levels attained as in have you attained anything from this practice as it also suposively a spiritual practice?

Spirit Ape

There are many different levels to Yi Jin Jing practice. From muscle and tendon flexing, to bone and ligaments, to compression to the bone marrow, and then moving to the mind flexing different energy centers, organs, nerves, etc... it can't be done in one year. It is a life long cultivation in and of itself. It won't take you to enlightenment, but it will give you a clean and vibrant body, good abilities if you practice a Martial Arts, and it paves the way for good old fashioned concentration. Not to mention great health benefits.

To actually gain martial power through it, a good 40 minutes practice of the actual routine. Half for health benefits. I utilize a Daoist form of Yi Jin Jing..but all in all they do the same up to a certain level.

One day on and one day off isn't enough. Daily routine is best, never skipping a day. And lastly, what you get from it shouldn't be the driving force to cultivate it. Its the path of cultivation itself which will assist in attainment of what is inevitable. Wrong views will certainly poison the mind for the future.

Peace,

Lin

Edited by 林愛偉

BUMP, rather than starting a new topic for this.

I have just started the yijinjing massage training mentioned in Dr. Yang's book and in "outgoing-qi Therapy" after a month of prepwork teaching myself to cultivate ching and restoring my inner and outer quietude.

To begin with I am only doing abdominal massage 2x25 minutes (sometimes 3 times) per day along with empty meditation, as per the recommendation in Dr. Yang's book. I'll pick up the 12-form and LHC practice again later. But there are a few things that concern me...

First, I am unsure as to the usefulness of the 12-form to the massage-training, as it leads qi to the 12 primary channels, i.e. all around the body, when the work should be with condensing it in select areas (?).

Second, the verification of progress. A quite silly bewonderment probably, but nevertheless; All the texts state that verification of progress for the first month is that "the two tendons are raised and as hard as wood or stone". Now, this is certainly true for the period Immediately following the massage and 2 hours onwards, where there is a strong sensation of qi in the abdominal muscles, and they are strong and "rock solid" without being flexed, however, do they really mean the abdominal muscles? Using the word "tendons" confuses me. Furthermore, is the training finished when the abomen is hard at all times, or when it reaches such firmness when qi is guided there, i.e. when it is the result of a session.

Lastly, is the massage and appendix to the 12-form, or the other way around? I am a bit confused as to how it is used, since the two sources I have is a book which focuses on qigong and emission, setting the massage as curiosa, and a book which focuses on martial strength and power, neglecting the qigong...

Hello,

Spirit Ape

1st 4 chi sets in KAP 1 are from Yi Jin Jing

Can anybody tell me if this standing set is more powerful in opening the meridians and gather chi than the Zhan Zhuang from "Way of Energy"?

In Way of Energy there is no use of mind, you just stand there. In this set - as I tried it one time - you use intent to guide the chi - to your hands in one of the positions.

Yang Jwing Ming's book is good even if just for the translations and included chinese text.

Which book are you talking about ? :)

thx

Edited by buscon

Hello,

Spirit Ape

Hi,I practice this form,I learned it in person from Sifu Yan Lei,from Shaolin temple.He is all over the internet and he is selling a dvd of xi sui jing.The dvd does not cover the weight-lifting with genitals which I would think to be quite important.Dan

Hi,I practice this form,I learned it in person from Sifu Yan Lei,from Shaolin temple.He is all over the internet and he is selling a dvd of xi sui jing.The dvd does not cover the weight-lifting with genitals which I would think to be quite important.Dan

Hi Dan,

Could you tell us more about the experience you have with these practices?

Thanks,

Fachao