Sign in to follow this  
Mak_Tin_Si

Cycle of YIN and YANG in a day

As requested from the moderator of TaoBum, I have moved to this forum : http://www.daoismworld.com right now.

So if you want to talk to me or ask me anything about Taoism, please feel free to go over to this forum and enjoy the new forum. New members for discussion are also welcomed.

http://www.daoismworld.com

Mak Tin Si

Edited by Mak_Tin_Si

We taoist do suggest practitioners to sleep at 10pm and wake up at 4-5am.

This is because you would want to avoid the YIN energy and absorb the MOST YANG energy into your body which empower your body and aura naturally. This is also a way to live healthier. Great for anybody!

Here are the list of time period

11-1am- JI SI - the period when YIN is to the extreme and YANG starts. The changing point!

1-3am- CHAU SI - This period yang start to grow slowly..

3-5am- YAN SI - still the same..

5-7am- MAU SI - sun rise, yang energy is great for chi gung and kungfu practise, morning rites.. a changing point too for yin and yang

7-9am -SUNN SI - yang energy is going higher..

9-11am - JI SI - yang energy is almost max.. but not TOO high

11-1pm- NG SI - yang energy is to the climax point, to extreme. Yang start to grow soon. This is another exchange point of yin and YANG.

1-3pm- MEI SI (MAY SI) - sun start to go down, yang energy dies out slowly

3-5pm- SON SI - yang energy go down slowly..

5-7pm- YAU SI - yang energy is taking over yang, now this period is also a changing point

7-9pm- SUT SI - this period is the last period we use in the day for any practise, sun is almost all gone...

9-11pm- HOI SI - the period of total YIN extreme, negative period, not good for any practise. We usually rest and not do anything. good to go sleep.

Do these periods of time also relate to the various organs energy throughout the day? I seem to have a faint recollection of this from some previous studies. I seem to remember certain times of the day being higher or lower points for different organ energies.

Yes, this system is used for EVERYTHING in the chinese culture, including fortune telling, fungshui, medics, taoism, magic, etc,... anything.

Do these periods of time also relate to the various organs energy throughout the day? I seem to have a faint recollection of this from some previous studies. I seem to remember certain times of the day being higher or lower points for different organ energies.

Mak-tin-si-

Thankyou for your contributions.

If for example one wanted to increase their kidney yang

by what means would your lineage do this?

Would you factor in the time of day?

Edited by seadog

Yes, kidney can be strengthen with my lineage's basic practise. It can also be done by using FU or herbs. Depend on your need and how you want to strengthen the kidney. For example if you got bald because of your kidney's weakness, you need to use FU to help you plus the training or else it takes longer time to heal.

The periods above are also good to know about how you can keep the kidney in good shape.

This you can just follow the Taoism sleep hours, sleep around 10-11, wake up 4-5am. With proper training, you will gain more energy in the kidney which give you more energy for the day. Also, less sex will help alot too for the kidney to give birth to your "jing".

You can also try eating some black beans or drinking black beans soya milk.

Mak-tin-si-

Thankyou for your contributions.

If for example one wanted to increase their kidney yang

by what means would your lineage do this?

Would you factor in the time of day?

mak tin si -

When the sun rise, the YANG energy began to build.. until at night the moon comes out, YIN energy starts.

This is an incorrect statement.

This prevent us from absorbing or attracting YIN energy into our body which is negative and not good for our body. This period is 9-11 at night. We usually avoid this period in all taoism practise. This is called the "HOI" period.

This is not entirely true.

This is actually a very auspicious time for internal and meditative work in some schools. I respect all schools and if this is inauspicious for your lineage, I respect that. But other lineages use different methods for different purposes. YIN in and of itself is not "negative" in the sense it is "bad". It is important to have a balance of Yin and Yang and know how to use each energy. Too much yin can be harmful but so can too much Yang.

In my lineage, Night time is the best time to do our practices. the worst time is from 1-4 p.m.

Again, Mak, I respectfully suggest that you preface your teaching with, "in my lineage, we are taught.." that way you can be accurate in your teaching without presuming to speak for all sects of Taoism...

This is because you would want to avoid the YIN energy and absorb the MOST YANG energy into your body which empower your body and aura naturally.

Please elaborate more?

hi,

I did post only to the theory in general which most lineage do. With meditation, it is really not too good to do it 9-11pm. But if your school does it, that is your school's tradition. There is a theory behind it that I have posted which explains why it is not too good for meditation. But some people don't mind because they do not really work with "FAAT" the energy in Taoism.

YIN is good for those who are hot headed because their YANG is overflooded. Just to get a balance.

But human do need YANG energy to live and that is why in Chinese we are called " YANG PEOPLE" and dead people are called "YIN PEOPLE". So we do need the YANG to live. There is no way to say you don't.

For this 9-11pm, yet, for some practise you do use it for a reason, but mostly not recommended for most people who do any taoism practise on their own. I mean those who do not have a master. This just cause you more and more problems. If you have a master that teach you the method and he explain why then that is fine for sure.

Things just have to MAKE SENSE. Then it is fine.

This is actually a very auspicious time for internal and meditative work in some schools. I respect all schools and if this is inauspicious for your lineage, I respect that. But other lineages use different methods for different purposes. YIN in and of itself is not "negative" in the sense it is "bad". It is important to have a balance of Yin and Yang and know how to use each energy. Too much yin can be harmful but so can too much Yang.

In my lineage, Night time is the best time to do our practices. the worst time is from 1-4 p.m.

Again, Mak, I respectfully suggest that you preface your teaching with, "in my lineage, we are taught.." that way you can be accurate in your teaching without presuming to speak for all sects of Taoism...

This prevent us from absorbing or attracting YIN energy into our body which is negative and not good for our body. This period is 9-11 at night. We usually avoid this period in all taoism practise. This is called the "HOI" period.

My teachings are contrary to what mak tin si says and are more inline with fivelementtao.

As long as there is a harmony between the Yin and the Yang we should be healthy.

And as for 9:00 - 11:00 P.M, this is San Jiao or triple Burner, and this is Yang, no?

I would also like to see you say that your words reflect your teachings and are not absolute.

What do you want to know? The statement is very clear already.

Please elaborate more?

9-11pm is a YIN period, Ask ANY TCM doctors and you shall know. or even FUNGSHUI masters. You will get this answer.11-1am is YANG period agian. 1-3 is YIN again.

But if you talk about the total energy flow, 9-11 is the extreme YIN energy flowing time, so when YIn to the extreme, YANG starts. @ 11-1am.

My teachings are contrary to what mak tin si says and are more inline with fivelementtao.

As long as there is a harmony between the Yin and the Yang we should be healthy.

And as for 9:00 - 11:00 P.M, this is San Jiao or triple Burner, and this is Yang, no?

I would also like to see you say that your words reflect your teachings and are not absolute.

The statement u made is: you would want to avoid the YIN energy and absorb the MOST YANG energy into your body i'm interested in your thoughts on this. I'm not questioning your observation of the cycles. Your right any TCM doc knows this. I am curious about what practices have led you to believe yang is superior to cultivate?

hi,

I did post only to the theory in general which most lineage do. With meditation, it is really not too good to do it 9-11pm. But if your school does it, that is your school's tradition. There is a theory behind it that I have posted which explains why it is not too good for meditation. But some people don't mind because they do not really work with "FAAT" the energy in Taoism.

YIN is good for those who are hot headed because their YANG is overflooded. Just to get a balance.

But human do need YANG energy to live and that is why in Chinese we are called " YANG PEOPLE" and dead people are called "YIN PEOPLE". So we do need the YANG to live. There is no way to say you don't.

For this 9-11pm, yet, for some practise you do use it for a reason, but mostly not recommended for most people who do any taoism practise on their own. I mean those who do not have a master. This just cause you more and more problems. If you have a master that teach you the method and he explain why then that is fine for sure.

Things just have to MAKE SENSE. Then it is fine.

Thank you, Mak, for clearing that up. That makes sense :D

One thing, when we invited dead souls to come up during the funerals, YIN energy from these will full the room and you feel cold and chill all night. This energy is YIN energy (just an example) people get sick, tired and grumpy from getting this. So we must cleanse it out afterward for them. That will neutralize their energy back to normal.

For us, we eat hot food to keep yourself warm because hot food is cooked with FIRE which is with YANG energy too. If you ALWAYS eat raw and cold food, you get sick very easily.SO we eat MAINLY hot stuff. I say this because we do not go for TOTAL YANG energy for a normal person.

For those who became immortals, they achieved the stage of TOTAL YANG energy body and that is why they can go immortal. In chinese they refer that to "SUN YANG" 純陽之體.

So by sleeping at a good time will get you enough YANG energy to keep up your health too.

The statement u made is: you would want to avoid the YIN energy and absorb the MOST YANG energy into your body i'm interested in your thoughts on this. I'm not questioning your observation of the cycles. Your right any TCM doc knows this. I am curious about what practices have led you to believe yang is superior to cultivate?

In our system of FU, we do have a trianing that use 9-11 for some reason at night, just to absorb that energy to BALANCE out something else we do, so we do not get OVER or TOO MUCH YANG energy in us that makes us too hot headed and hot tempered.

Just another sample.

Thank you, Mak, for clearing that up. That makes sense :D

Mak-Tin-Si,

Does your lineage have any views on which direction one should face in regards to balancing the yin-yang in the body?

And if so does it matter which hemishpere one resides,i.e south or north.

Blessings.

9-11pm is a YIN period, Ask ANY TCM doctors and you shall know. or even FUNGSHUI masters. You will get this answer.11-1am is YANG period agian. 1-3 is YIN again.

But if you talk about the total energy flow, 9-11 is the extreme YIN energy flowing time, so when YIn to the extreme, YANG starts. @ 11-1am.

According to Chinese Medicine, this is correct.

mak tin si -

When the sun rise, the YANG energy began to build.. until at night the moon comes out, YIN energy starts.

This is an incorrect statement.

I have to say I agree with Makoto. No matter it is from Acupuncture/TCM doctor's point of view or from Taoist cultivation 's, the saying is not precise ; It is from 11-1am- JI SI (not the sun rise) where YANG qi arises to CHAU SI (1-3 am) that most people get the strongest feeling of YANG qi ; but many people also find the time ( 3am to 5 am) in which they get the strongest feeling of qi ;

Edited by exorcist_1699

The feeling of qi does not equal the energy flow.

Some people feel qi when qi is low, some feel it when qi is high. How can you use "feelings" to determine this theory is right or wrong??

I can give you a FU with many energy and power but you can feel nothing, it just worked.

I can give you a FU with very little and unpure energy and you can feel lots of stuff, but it is not strong.

The more pure the energy is, the less you can feel it. That is call FAAT. condensed universal energy. It is in the tao all the time, but you cannot feel it without special trianings. for sure.

I have to say I agree with Makoto. No matter it is from Acupuncture/TCM doctor's point of view or from Taoist cultivation 's, the saying is not precise ; It is from 11-1am- JI SI (not the sun rise) where YANG qi arises to CHAU SI (1-3 am) that most people get the strongest feeling of YANG qi ; but many people also find the time ( 3am to 5 am) in which they get the strongest feeling of qi ;

Sign in to follow this