Sign in to follow this  
rex

Preparation for Death

Intriguing. I will listen to that this weekend. Anyone listen to it yet care to give a brief review?

Intriguing. I will listen to that this weekend. Anyone listen to it yet care to give a brief review?

6492[/snapback]

I'll be offline for a few days but will have a go on my return - that is unless GrandTrinity or someone else beats me to it!

I haven't listened to this recording, but I'm familiar with Tibetan death dissolution meditations. It takes you through the stages of a death that assumes a gradual and conscious transition. It's only moderately useful, in my opinion. The elements dissolve in certain stages which creates unusual feeling and sensations. But the actual experience of it is rather weird and even for Rinpoches. It's good to know that there are peculiar sensations and that these can be relaxed into and accepted as a normal part of making a transition to non-physical.

The important point is to make peace with the transition to non-physical in the first place. Get it out of your head that death is a "penalty." If you do that, then your vibration towards your future transition will be cleaned up considerably thus paving the way to have a rather nice, fast transition experience and not get stuck in long draw out dramas in hospital limbo land.

The Tibetan's believe in samsara and awful things happening in the bardo where any meat eating animal gets reborn to long lasting hell realms. If that's where tweety the songbird goes, you don't want to fuck with it. I believe that they are wrong about samsara. The hell realms that they are describing are also part of the transition experience, just the same way that dream visions are part of the process one goes through as one lets go in order to sleep. And these can be happy, sad, whatever. But once you are through, you are through. The ghosts that people see aren't the spirits on the other side, they are trace energy patterns left behind--so there aren't shackled motherfuckers moaning "Ebenezer" on the other side or anything like that.

If you don't like the prospect of returning to the non-physical realm, you ain't going to like the sensations involved in the process. If you are looking forward and excited about returning to the non-phys realm, then you'll find the whole thing greatly abbreviated and exciting.

-Yoda

You've gotta read (if at least briefly) Max's post on Taobum about Cemetary meditation to supress sexual desires and uncontrollable lusts...

It's quite thought provoking...for sure.

In contrast with what you've posted here I'd say that would bring you to some really deep and challenging thought processes.

Watch and warrant.

-M

Sign in to follow this