Mak_Tin_Si

Things a Taoist do not eat

As requested from the moderator of TaoBum, I have moved to this forum : http://www.daoismworld.com right now.

So if you want to talk to me or ask me anything about Taoism, please feel free to go over to this forum and enjoy the new forum. New members for discussion are also welcomed.

http://www.daoismworld.com

Mak Tin Si

Edited by Mak_Tin_Si

Taoism the religion do restrict the students to give up a few food for the rest of their life for a reason. Usually this is told when you become an official taoist by your master. You can try not following thiese rules, but you will find yourself suffering from the aftereffect and also you will loose all the taoism energy in your body once you break the rule.

- Beef - this is the basic one, no matter what lineage, you cannot eat beef.

- Eels and snakes - you do not eat this one neither!

- Turtles - same

- Dog meat - really!! they are sold in china!

- human - man.. who dares...

If you plan to become an official taoist, you can try to give up beef or more, try to see if you can make it. It means you are giving it up for the rest of your life. NONE. So it is not that easy. Carefully read ingredients on the food package label. I saw a cambell soup can, call vegetable soup.. but in the ingredients list, there is beef brouth.. oh mine!

It dosen't matter if you know it or not, you eat it, you get the effect of loosing all the energy and all your practise have to re-start!

---

*But, but joining the stage 1 of Chi in Nature's lineage, you are religion-free based, so you do not have to go for these rules. But you can try for it if you want of course, it is a good thing. You only have to follow these IF you have go stage 2 to become an official taoist.

This is not true. Wudang and Maoshan practitioners eat whole lots of beef and eel and snakes. At least the Grand Masters and high level aspirants.

The reason, is that you NEED it if you are running a lot of energy. Beef is the only thing that can ground you at times.

There was a story about a student who felt compelled to forego the eating of meat so that his body could be "lighter' and he could merge with the Tao more easily. His teacher saw that his practice was taking him very far and so suggested that the student do a cave retreat.

The teacher placed something in a hole in the wall of the cave and covered it with a snug fitting rock. The teacher then tole his student that he had left him one of the greatest secrets of internal alchemy but that he may only resort to it when he had exhausted his practices and felt he could go no further.

After several weeks of intense practice the student's experience had plateaued and he genuinely felt stuck. He remembered the secret his teacher had left in the wall but still resisted opening it for a few more days. Finally when he could hold off no more he removed the flat rock covering the hole to reveal a tiny strip of paper. On it was written two words: "EAT MEAT".

The student took the advice and found that he had the energy and grounding he needed to break that certain barrier that all of us will eventually face, and he attained his diamond body.

I was a hardcore vegetarian for ten years prior to starting the Red Phoenix and Kunlun work. I had been doing the practices for a few months and started to feel as though I was floating and weary with no energy. Max told me that in order for me to continue, I should consider eating meat. That was the LAST thing I wanted to hear and I resisted. Then one day I too couldn't take any more and I chowed on some pepperoni, then I have enchiladas with ground beef and eventually I ordered the 'Carnivore Special" pizza and it was GOOOOD! I felt so amazing afterward and advanced very quickly with my practice.

Of course everyone should do what they feel is best for themselves, but I can guarantee that if you are running serious energy, you may find yourself in line at Wendy's salivating for a triple-decker burger or even ordering the Rib Eye at Outback Steak House.

Yum!

• Like 1

Taoism the religion do restrict the students to give up a few food for the rest of their life for a reason. Usually this is told when you become an official taoist by your master. You can try not following thiese rules, but you will find yourself suffering from the aftereffect and also you will loose all the taoism energy in your body once you break the rule.

- Turtles - same

If you plan to become an official taoist, you can try to give up beef or more, try to see if you can make it. It means you are giving it up for the rest of your life. NONE. So it is not that easy. Carefully read ingredients on the food package label. I saw a cambell soup can, call vegetable soup.. but in the ingredients list, there is beef brouth.. oh mine!

It dosen't matter if you know it or not, you eat it, you get the effect of loosing all the energy and all your practise have to re-start!

---

*But, but joining the stage 1 of Chi in Nature's lineage, you are religion-free based, so you do not have to go for these rules. But you can try for it if you want of course, it is a good thing. You only have to follow these IF you have go stage 2 to become an official taoist.

What is the basis for the restrictions? Do they have to do with compassion? Or do they have to do with a more abstract aspect?

I can show you a video I took at Longquan Temple in Kunming of a stone monument of where Zhang San Feng killed and stewed a dog for the monks at that temple to eat. :)

Agree with above about the quanzhen, though . . .

I guess it depends on your practice tradition and to a certain degree on your metabolism.

I know for sure though that at least for raising/accumulating energy and awakening via yogic practices such as meditation and pranayama you don't need to eat meat.

I also agree that it's a matter of compassion. The animals that get killed know what is in store for them before the slaughtering, are in total fear, and of course don't like to be killed.

At least one shouldn't consume meat from the mass production system. The quality isn't good and more important there's tremendous suffering of the animals during their sad lives. Organically raised is much better, I find.

As requested from the moderator of TaoBum, I have moved to this forum : http://www.daoismworld.com right now.

So if you want to talk to me or ask me anything about Taoism, please feel free to go over to this forum and enjoy the new forum. New members for discussion are also welcomed.

Mak Tin Si

Edited by Mak_Tin_Si

he is not really a master if he is as righteous as he sounds.

This is not true. Wudang and Maoshan practitioners eat whole lots of beef and eel and snakes. At least the Grand Masters and high level aspirants.

The reason, is that you NEED it if you are running a lot of energy. Beef is the only thing that can ground you at times.

There was a story about a student who felt compelled to forego the eating of meat so that his body could be "lighter' and he could merge with the Tao more easily. His teacher saw that his practice was taking him very far and so suggested that the student do a cave retreat.

The teacher placed something in a hole in the wall of the cave and covered it with a snug fitting rock. The teacher then tole his student that he had left him one of the greatest secrets of internal alchemy but that he may only resort to it when he had exhausted his practices and felt he could go no further.

After several weeks of intense practice the student's experience had plateaued and he genuinely felt stuck. He remembered the secret his teacher had left in the wall but still resisted opening it for a few more days. Finally when he could hold off no more he removed the flat rock covering the hole to reveal a tiny strip of paper. On it was written two words: "EAT MEAT".

The student took the advice and found that he had the energy and grounding he needed to break that certain barrier that all of us will eventually face, and he attained his diamond body.

I was a hardcore vegetarian for ten years prior to starting the Red Phoenix and Kunlun work. I had been doing the practices for a few months and started to feel as though I was floating and weary with no energy. Max told me that in order for me to continue, I should consider eating meat. That was the LAST thing I wanted to hear and I resisted. Then one day I too couldn't take any more and I chowed on some pepperoni, then I have enchiladas with ground beef and eventually I ordered the 'Carnivore Special" pizza and it was GOOOOD! I felt so amazing afterward and advanced very quickly with my practice.

Of course everyone should do what they feel is best for themselves, but I can guarantee that if you are running serious energy, you may find yourself in line at Wendy's salivating for a triple-decker burger or even ordering the Rib Eye at Outback Steak House.

Yum!

Hi Chris!

I'm attended the Norwegian Kunlun seminar in May, even though I haven't practiced for months now... :( I've been doing all kinds of work on a new appartment, and been telling myself I will start up soon, but to be honest, I think it's been kind of a block for me, a fear of what I might break through next, but I've said I'm going to start during the Christmas holiday, and keep doing it, as I know it is good for me! Thanks again for the practice and the hugs at the end of the seminar, it was life-changing (yes both!) and I am forever grateful! :)

Anyway, I've been meaning to ask this question on the Kunlun forum, but since you brought it up here (funny how these things seems to happen by themselves... ;) ) I might as well ask here:

I feel like I need to eat meat to keep my strength and health at this point, especially since I've had some problems with kidneys (energetic, not physical kidneys). And, I guess I feel that we have to kill to survive either way, either plants or animals. However, a friend of mine is strict vegetarian and tries to convince me that killing animals for meat is wrong. I do see the compassion-issue here, but I guess I've told myself until I'm stronger and perhaps less dependant upon meat I will continue eating it.

However, my question was, from yours and Max's viewpoint, how does compassion and killing of animals to get energy from their meat fit in? How can we "justify" having animals killed for our benefit? How does it fit in, as high-level masters eat meat, they must know something that makes killing animals not so wrong, as they are all about compassion?

OK, it can help us attain higher spiritual states, but it doesn't seem to benefit the animal for us to kill it, so I am a bit torn these days, even though I continue to eat meat and probably will in the future too. How can we justify killing animals so that the meat can help us?

I suspect it has to do with the "circle of life" and that taking of life has to be done to survive anyway, and that we are all connected, just like the Native Americans thought, but I get confused when I read about Buddhists saying that having animals killed for your benefit (which I guess we can say it is, even if the kill is not ordered by you) or killing that yourself is bad for your karma...

Would be interesting to know!

Cheers!

I have been a vegetarian for 40 years.

After a number of years I too felt floaty and a loss of energy.

When I became a vegetarian I kept eating the same junk food as usual - pizza, cokes, ice cream, beer etc.

I developed low blood sugar.

Once I found someone who showed me the proper way to eat I regained my strength, energy and once again became grounded.

Never had any problems after that.

In my experience, what is most powerful is not what I do or don't do.. not what I eat or don't eat.. but the attachment to belief about what I should or shouldn't do. If I cling to the idea of a right diet, the clinging itself is where the blockage is. So I ask myself, what would I have to face within myself, if I didn't have this attachment? And that's where my real work is.

I feel like I need to eat meat to keep my strength and health at this point, especially since I've had some problems with kidneys (energetic, not physical kidneys). And, I guess I feel that we have to kill to survive either way, either plants or animals. However, a friend of mine is strict vegetarian and tries to convince me that killing animals for meat is wrong. I do see the compassion-issue here, but I guess I've told myself until I'm stronger and perhaps less dependant upon meat I will continue eating it.

However, my question was, from yours and Max's viewpoint, how does compassion and killing of animals to get energy from their meat fit in? How can we "justify" having animals killed for our benefit? How does it fit in, as high-level masters eat meat, they must know something that makes killing animals not so wrong, as they are all about compassion?

OK, it can help us attain higher spiritual states, but it doesn't seem to benefit the animal for us to kill it, so I am a bit torn these days, even though I continue to eat meat and probably will in the future too. How can we justify killing animals so that the meat can help us?

I suspect it has to do with the "circle of life" and that taking of life has to be done to survive anyway, and that we are all connected, just like the Native Americans thought, but I get confused when I read about Buddhists saying that having animals killed for your benefit (which I guess we can say it is, even if the kill is not ordered by you) or killing that yourself is bad for your karma...

Would be interesting to know!

Cheers!

Good point Karen. Probably the most important.

One way to look at it is that we ARE all connected and that by eating the meat of an animal you are taking an aspect of that animal with you to a higher vibration, since the animal is at his evolutionary peak in a way.

When the native americans hunt they don't go scrambling through the forest looking for Elk, they go and sit where they know the Elk cross daily. Then they wait for the Elk to present itself for the taking. They believe that the Elk knows it's service and the Elk gives it's life for the benefit of the humans.

There is much reverence in the act and life goes on.

Of course, everyone must do what they feel is right for them. I can only speak of my own experience and beef works for me.

O+ blood types like myself seem to need it.

What about onions and garlic?

Buddhist monks traditionally avoid it. Hulda Clark & Bob Beck also advise against eating it.

OTOH, garlic is known to have many healthy properties.

So, what's the deal? Do Taoist monks also avoid it like Buddhist monks - and if so, what is the reason? I've heard so many various alleged pros & cons, I don't know what to believe anymore...

Vortex the answer is Yin and Yang.

Well we don't have to call it that. But we do have to call it at least polar opposites.

One one side doing one action like eating spicy food helps raise our metabolism and has many other healthy properties but it will make it harder for you to focus or clear having such a clear mind in meditation. (I don't exactly know energetically what it does wrong but it definately does something) So which would you go with? Eating it for its healthy aspects or eating something else and doing meditation for its healthy aspects.

One way to look at it is that we ARE all connected and that by eating the meat of an animal you are taking an aspect of that animal with you to a higher vibration, since the animal is at his evolutionary peak in a way.

When the native americans hunt they don't go scrambling through the forest looking for Elk, they go and sit where they know the Elk cross daily. Then they wait for the Elk to present itself for the taking. They believe that the Elk knows it's service and the Elk gives it's life for the benefit of the humans.

Of course, everyone must do what they feel is right for them. I can only speak of my own experience and beef works for me.

You really believe you're taking an aspect of an animal to a higher level when you eat it. LOL

The Elk choses to sacrifice itself for humans LOL

O blood types need meat LOL

If one wants to eat meat fine but please don't rationalize, don't make excuses that the animal is suffering because it sees you are hungry and desire it, so it sacrifices itself. If it weren't for you killing and eating it, it would never reach a higher spiritual realm. LOL

Just enjoy it.

In actuality the way animals are treated and killed today is cruel and inhumane ( Actually the way people in general act, humane might be a better term).

Without going into detail, animals go to their death unwillingly,and in fear. This fear goes into their body and blood and there it remains. This it what you are truly eating.

• Like 2

Good point Karen. Probably the most important.

Please prepare for late-night ramblings:

Yes, I think the connectedness is the key in my way of thinking about this.

I'm just reading a book written by a woman who I've met on a few occasions, she is the "horse whisperer" of my ex-girlfriend. Really an interesting woman, she has travelled and trained with medicine men and beduins among others. At an early age she learned to communicate with animals, and she can also communicate with plants and get images from stones etc as I understand it too.

In this book she describes her "conversations" with animals but also trees. I find it remarkable, if true, that the trees have such an advanced "mind" as well, although I suspect it's more of a facet of the Everything we're all a part of. I have a hard time deciding if they have "souls" or if it's just a facet of the Everything (Tao) that we are all a part of.

She also describes a lumberjack who hears the trees cry before he chops them down. If it's true, it could be argued that it's no worse to kill an animal than a plant, even though I know most vegetarians do NOT accept such a notion.

But, of course, it feels worse for a human to kill a deer than pulling up a plant to eat it's root, so it might be that there is a difference, or merely it feels different because the animal feels closer and more similar to us.

One thing I've been pondering, and that I guess animals feels like WEIRD, is that we are their friend in one moment, and then kill them in "cold blood" in the next. I think a sheep knows that the wolf is it's "enemy", that it's natural that it will kill it, and that that's "OK", and they never interact. However, humans can feed them, pet them, and then suddenly kill them! That feels weird for them I guess, and the same woman I described told of a horse that told her the people on the farm went crazy and killed all the pigs for Christmas one year. He was very traumatized by what he felt was them going insane and killing the pigs in cold blood, the same pigs they had fed and petted throughout the year.

The best would be if we killed livestock in the forest I guess, this removing ourself too far from Nature and it's hierachy has fucked up a lot of things.

Chris:

Anyway, I guess from a Kunlun standpoint though, eating meat will not hinder enlightenment and attaining the Dragon Body?

• Like 1

Mak Tin Si

Edited by Mak_Tin_Si

he is not really a master if he is as righteous as he sounds.

cricketty!!! --- u with your animated gif almost made me ruin my laptop's screen. I was tired and didn't even think that it's a drawing and was conviced that some evil little bug got under the surface of the LCD screen so I kept poking my screen like a dumbass trying to get out the poor out. When my wife realised what was going on she almost wet her pants of laughter......

Edited by orb

- Turtles - same

---

Definitely Not true. & NO YOU DO NOT LOOSE ENERGY FROM EATING HEALTHY BEEF.....

Edited by Vajrasattva

Please prepare for late-night ramblings:

Yes, I think the connectedness is the key in my way of thinking about this.

I'm just reading a book written by a woman who I've met on a few occasions, she is the "horse whisperer" of my ex-girlfriend. Really an interesting woman, she has travelled and trained with medicine men and beduins among others. At an early age she learned to communicate with animals, and she can also communicate with plants and get images from stones etc as I understand it too.

In this book she describes her "conversations" with animals but also trees. I find it remarkable, if true, that the trees have such an advanced "mind" as well, although I suspect it's more of a facet of the Everything we're all a part of. I have a hard time deciding if they have "souls" or if it's just a facet of the Everything (Tao) that we are all a part of.

She also describes a lumberjack who hears the trees cry before he chops them down. If it's true, it could be argued that it's no worse to kill an animal than a plant, even though I know most vegetarians do NOT accept such a notion.

But, of course, it feels worse for a human to kill a deer than pulling up a plant to eat it's root, so it might be that there is a difference, or merely it feels different because the animal feels closer and more similar to us.

I think I will take the general world wide scientific stance on the "pain" of plants... there is none. They have no nervous system and no central perceptive organ to process pain. What good would a feeling of pain do a plant anyways? Its not like they can avoid it. You have to understand that feeling pain is an adaptive ability of some creatures, not a universal quality. It allows creatures to avoid things that may cause them death, and thus no further procreation, as procreation is much more difficult in the animal kingdom than in the plant. I think copious studies, observations and reason are much better views than the word of a horse whisperer in a book you are reading.

What about onions and garlic?

Buddhist monks traditionally avoid it. Hulda Clark & Bob Beck also advise against eating it.

OTOH, garlic is known to have many healthy properties.

So, what's the deal? Do Taoist monks also avoid it like Buddhist monks - and if so, what is the reason? I've heard so many various alleged pros & cons, I don't know what to believe anymore...

The monks that actually practice Kundalini practices or trul khor or Tummo eat them.

Garlic = keeps the vampires away....

reasons why a FALSE master would tell you not to eat is so he can continue to enjoy sucking on your energy : )

GARLIC is a MIRACLE CURE for many many things. In Ancient Egypt it was one of the main ways to prevent serious illness & also to fight Virus.

• Like 1

You really believe you're taking an aspect of an animal to a higher level when you eat it. LOL

The Elk choses to sacrifice itself for humans LOL

O blood types need meat LOL

If one wants to eat meat fine but please don't rationalize, don't make excuses that the animal is suffering because it sees you are hungry and desire it, so it sacrifices itself. If it weren't for you killing and eating it, it would never reach a higher spiritual realm. LOL

Just enjoy it.

In actuality the way animals are treated and killed today is cruel and inhumane ( Actually the way people in general act, humane might be a better term).

Without going into detail, animals go to their death unwillingly,and in fear. This fear goes into their body and blood and there it remains. This it what you are truly eating.

I wonder how many people are aware of how the majority of their meat is processed? Videos of factory farming are enough to disgust me, I can't imagine what I would feel if I visited one.

In reference to the person you were replying to, many people seem to think that because a metaphysical idea is ancient it is somehow unconditionally valid. The natives go to where to elk are and kill the elk... this is hardly reason to beleive that the elk want it this way. The elk go there because of explicit learned time and the humans do the same. And I am not saying that some of the ancient theories are not wonderful, many are. But many are also founded in ignorance about the workings of reality... which of course is something we still do not know. Bits and pieces come along as time moves on.

Edited by Anabhogya-Carya

Mak Tin Si

Edited by Mak_Tin_Si