Baguakid

Dr. Baolin Wu / White Cloud Monastery

Nope! No Videos exist. this form is esoteric, & is only circulated through the actual monastery & now through the book. so you will find close to nothing about it. besides learning from the book the only way is to learn from him directly. I personally learned the whole form correctly from the book. put in the effort, be diligent, you it shall be greatly rewarded, trust me on that ;)

Edited by Meroe
  • Like 1

Today I called Wu's office asking if they have a dvd on 9 Palaces yet and all I got was a sales pitch and follow up email pitch to come to the next workshop in L.A. Very rude indeed of them. I will stick with simple, easy to learn 20 minute powerful Pangu Mystical Qigong which I just started. If Wu starts with 45 minute of warmups before the actual 9 Palaces, then that is not for me. At some other point I did inquire about a DVD and they offered to sell me a DVD of the 9 Palaces workshop for the cost of live workshop, $495! I realized the cost of living is very costly L.A. but wow! 

Edited by tao stillness
to embelish

The "warmups" are the real stuff. The other is to keep the students interested and coming back. I am exaggerating only a tiny bit.

• Like 2

On 6/1/2009 at 8:07 PM, Aetherous said:

After reading the whole book: I think the warm up is the best part. As to the actual 9 palaces qigong set, I'm probably not going to give it a try because I have too much on my plate right now and it just doesn't jive with me. Will someone else try it and post results?

But the warm up section (which is most of the book) is totally worth the cost of the book, I think.

And Ya Mu, there are a lot of things which turn me away from Dr Wu...like his website talking about 2012 and somehow hinting that qigong will help us avoid the catastrophes that are to come. :rolleyes:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/capital-weather-gang/wp/2014/07/23/how-a-solar-storm-nearly-destroyed-life-as-we-know-it-two-years-ago/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.03b7de9f640b

We actually almost did have a catastrophe in 2012, a coronal mass ejection very narrowly missed the earth.  You can watch the  video on the posted link of NASA talking about it, obviously this news was never nationally televised, probably why almost nobody knows about it.  "According to a study by the National Academy of Sciences, the total economic impact could exceed $2 trillion or 20 times greater than the costs of a Hurricane Katrina. Multi-ton transformers damaged by such a storm might take years to repair."  An event like this would have sent the affected areas back to the stone age, without electricity, possibly for years.

Dr. Baolin Wu teaches the 9 heaven solar microcosmic orbit qigong which draws in yang qi along with it's companion form, the 5 centers facing heaven which draws on the yin qi from the moon.  It is said one of the main benefits of the 5 centers facing heaven is the ability to predict the future, maybe with enhanced intuition you could avoid the areas that may have been affect by the ejection, who can really say.

These 2 forms are suppose to be the companion qigong sets to the water and fire alchemy of kan and li neidan, according to Dr. Wu combining water and fire qigong with water and fire neidan resulted in him allegedly seeing his teacher attaining the rainbow body of immortality where his entire body disappeared and went into the sun, like some Luke Skywalker shit.

I would probably add in sexual alchemy in there as well, since it's also a form of fire water alchemy.  According to Dr. Baolin Wu dual sexual cultivation was legitimized in Taoism by the drunken immortal Lu Dong Bin, sexual alchemy was taught along with the 5 centers facing heaven as a way to restore jing since according to legend Lu didn't become a Daoist until later in his life.

Edited by Immortal
  • Thanks 1

On 1/21/2014 at 7:29 PM, tao stillness said:

If Wu starts with 45 minute of warmups before the actual 9 Palaces, then that is not for me.

It says in the book on pg. 74 that you can skip the warm ups and go straight to the final form.  I would suggest at minimum some cleansing physical exercises for about 5 minutes before and after the 9 palaces qigong if you're going to skip the 45 minute warm up in the book.

• Like 2

how odd. I just go for walks in our mountains, sit in the dirt. Play with my puppies,  run like i am young. sleep when I am tired. eat when I am hungry. make love with my honey bunny when we are horny. 

But if I ever wrote a book about it, or did a YouTube thing, it would be about 2 seconds long . who wants to pay money for that shit?  LOL

• Like 1

On 11/28/2018 at 9:10 PM, Zen Pig said:

how odd. I just go for walks in our mountains, sit in the dirt. Play with my puppies,  run like i am young. sleep when I am tired. eat when I am hungry. make love with my honey bunny when we are horny. 

But if I ever wrote a book about it, or did a YouTube thing, it would be about 2 seconds long . who wants to pay money for that shit?  LOL

I think that's more than fine for basic health, but some people actually are trying to attain spiritual immortality, that's why Daoists develop chi kung, nei dan, sexual meditation etc....

• Like 2

On 11/30/2018 at 10:37 PM, Immortal said:

I think that's more than fine for basic health, but some people actually are trying to attain spiritual immortality, that's why Daoists develop chi kung, nei dan, sexual meditation etc....

what great synchronicity.  just about 15 mins ago I was reflecting on this very topic.  I have no answers of course, but for me, it seems like a find razors edge of engaging in this moment, and the idea of preparing for what will come, i.e, death of the body, immortality of spirit, etc. I see this so called physical reality as not being separate from spiritual immortality, I sometimes see this life as the Bardo of Tibetan Beliefs, or the "in-between state". After all, if one is in the bardo, they would think it was the so called real life, much like dreaming and thinking the dream was real.  What I am trying to suss out in my weird way is the pathless path.  I to meditate every day . And also do some simple nei gung breathing for energy  I have done MA for over 40 years, including 10 years of tai chi, but my approach is one of play, and not so much trying to make something happen, or change my nature. hard to put into words.  thanks for your reflections.  "when skating on thin ice, you may as well dance"  :)

• Like 1

On 12/2/2018 at 9:30 AM, Zen Pig said:

what great synchronicity.  just about 15 mins ago I was reflecting on this very topic.  I have no answers of course, but for me, it seems like a find razors edge of engaging in this moment, and the idea of preparing for what will come, i.e, death of the body, immortality of spirit, etc. I see this so called physical reality as not being separate from spiritual immortality, I sometimes see this life as the Bardo of Tibetan Beliefs, or the "in-between state". After all, if one is in the bardo, they would think it was the so called real life, much like dreaming and thinking the dream was real.  What I am trying to suss out in my weird way is the pathless path.  I to meditate every day . And also do some simple nei gung breathing for energy  I have done MA for over 40 years, including 10 years of tai chi, but my approach is one of play, and not so much trying to make something happen, or change my nature. hard to put into words.  thanks for your reflections.  "when skating on thin ice, you may as well dance"  :)

Taoist alchemy agrees with you my friend, alchemists are not trying to "make anything happen" either.

"Taoist alchemy cultivates an immortal body (physical or spiritual) by practicing the steps to reverse creation within the individual to return to a state of original unity. Immortality cultivation runs counter to the nature of things. Thus, the alchemical saying goes 顺逆 (shun ni) or the Principle Of Oppose Follow: follow to remain mortal; oppose to become immortal."

We aren't making anything in nei dan, we are unmaking.  Stripping away the inessentials, until the essence of truth is revealed.  We are already immortal.  

A person cannot make enlightenment happen, all we can do is clean the window of perception, and allow the light that has always been there shine through.  We are not making the light, it was always there, just like we are not making the rainbow light-body, it was always there.

Edited by Immortal
  • Like 1