Mak_Tin_Si

Reason for joining a birthday celebration for GOD or Immortals

As requested from the moderator of TaoBum, I have moved to this forum : http://www.daoismworld.com right now.

So if you want to talk to me or ask me anything about Taoism, please feel free to go over to this forum and enjoy the new forum. New members for discussion are also welcomed.

http://www.daoismworld.com

Mak Tin Si

Edited by Mak_Tin_Si

I have never understood why immortals, gods, etc need some kind of temple. The religious Taoism which you practice/promote has left me feeling less and less interested in Taoism and unfortunately I have nothing now which draws my interest.

You do not understand why temple is important?

Let me ask : Why is there a need for clinic for doctors? Why is there a need for hospital for doctors and nurses? Can you understand now?

Maybe you do not know what temple are for and what taoist study and do.

When people got problems in life, they go to the temple for help. The taoist can give them help to solve the problems with professional knowledge and understanding of life, karma etc,. Taoist can also do healings and cure illness for people which people cannot get help from the western doctors or even herbal doctors. There are just too many kinds of illness that cannot be healed with western medicine.

That is why Taoist need a temple and immortals or god do need their students to open temple to spread the knowledge to others.

Why is there schools? hospitals? police station? why? you ask yourself and you will know why there is a need for a temple.

To understand about Taoism, you will need a open mind and a empty heart. Appreciating the Chinese culture is a way to learn and a way of respect too. Please respect the Chinese culture and also Taoism which is a chinese tradition for over 5000yrs.

I have never understood why immortals, gods, etc need some kind of temple. The religious Taoism which you practice/promote has left me feeling less and less interested in Taoism and unfortunately I have nothing now which draws my interest.

To understand about Taoism, you will need a open mind and a empty heart. Appreciating the Chinese culture is a way to learn and a way of respect too. Please respect the Chinese culture and also Taoism which is a chinese tradition for over 5000yrs.

P-lease. Just because something is 5000 years old that makes it good? There's good and bad in every culture, I don't care how old it is and so we can't blindly follow something because it's old. Listen, I've been involved in more Chinese things than you know. One such Taoist Organization roped me in, and I followed them for a while. Then, I began to see things clearly and broke away. They were a cult. Then you could really see reality come out. Showing me pictures of half man, half animal if I did not follow them. Oh, and they would say the end of the world is coming and I need to stay with them... P'lease, Keep it.

Man makes religions, not god.

I am sorry that you got cheated by someone who claims to be a taoist. Too bad. But that is not Taoism that you are talking about. If you are so sick and tired of Taoism, why are you here?

Taoism last for 5000 yrs, if it is not good and not helpful, why do you think it is there? You think all Chinese are stupid and mental for 5000yrs?

Yes, there are a lot of evil taoist nowadays who rip people off and cheat on people. But that doesn't mean taoism religion is not good. Abusing one's religion is reall dis-respectful, specaill without any knowledge really in the religion.

P-lease. Just because something is 5000 years old that makes it good? There's good and bad in every culture, I don't care how old it is and so we can't blindly follow something because it's old. Listen, I've been involved in more Chinese things than you know. One such Taoist Organization roped me in, and I followed them for a while. Then, I began to see things clearly and broke away. They were a cult. Then you could really see reality come out. Showing me pictures of half man, half animal if I did not follow them. Oh, and they would say the end of the world is coming and I need to stay with them... P'lease, Keep it.

Man makes religions, not god.

You can also find yourself thinking in a way like this..

someone got a taichi master teach them taichi, which is a rip off master who is teaching..

after 5 yrs of wasting time and money with this master..

the student go everywhere and tell people that taichi is a rip off , it is a nonsense

what do you tihink you are doing?

Because I don't agree with you that's abusing your religion? I think you're going off the deep end emotionally. I said I don't understand why we need temples. I don't care if it's Taoist, Buddhist, Jewish, or anything else.

Oh, by the way, when I visited temples in China, they were only interested in taking in money and selling trinkets.

Temples in China that you visit of course are like that because not ALL temples are going in the right directions. Specailly those are own by the government at the back. They do have lots of politics and the government will take control over them, of course they try to drain out your pockets.

You did abuse the religion already by saying why god and immortals need temples. You can examine your worsd and see what you are saying.

I just told you why there is a need for temple to be there in this world. If you do not know how to read, I cannot help you.

Because I don't agree with you that's abusing your religion? I think you're going off the deep end emotionally. I said I don't understand why we need temples. I don't care if it's Taoist, Buddhist, Jewish, or anything else.

Oh, by the way, when I visited temples in China, they were only interested in taking in money and selling trinkets.

You did abuse the religion already by saying why god and immortals need temples. You can examine your worsd and see what you are saying.

That's your view and that's known as RELIGION, not spirituality. Religion is protected by scare tactics like you are using my friend.

You should experience more with how "religion" Taoist help people out with their problems in life. Without really see what is Taoism -religion, do not comment on it much. It have helped many people in the past 5000yrs on curing illness, saving lives etc,.

Also, we who host temple just do it voluntery, we do not get ANY money from the temple. We just take all donations and use it back on the temple. so WHY do I need to make money with the temple? I do make money with videography and graphic design as my living job.

Maybe it is evil taoist who you met before in China, but I am surely not one of them. I host the temple just as my training and a place to provide help for people who need it. It is all for the public, none for myself.

As mentioned before, Taoist CANNOT take any money from the temple.

That's your view and that's known as RELIGION, not spirituality. Religion is protected by scare tactics like you are using my friend.

Also, if you think there is not a need for temple, then think about WuDang mountain. They are based in a temple, if there is not a temple, how can it be spread out the the world, where can they teach?

Well, I would highly question anyone saying they were a Wudang Master just like I would question anyone saying they were a Shaolin Master or a FengShui Master or a Zen Master, etc. Especially if they are charging money for it.

When I was younger I was attracted and got burned, much more than once. Now, I'm gun shy.

I think it's commendible to take your time and money to build a temple to help people. It's what you want to do and that's fine. You just can't jump on people for questioning the need for temples. People should question what's in front of them. If they don't then they are less than intellegent.

Did I not answer your question then?

Well, I would highly question anyone saying they were a Wudang Master just like I would question anyone saying they were a Shaolin Master or a FengShui Master or a Zen Master, etc. Especially if they are charging money for it.

When I was younger I was attracted and got burned, much more than once. Now, I'm gun shy.

I think it's commendible to take your time and money to build a temple to help people. It's what you want to do and that's fine. You just can't jump on people for questioning the need for temples. People should question what's in front of them. If they don't then they are less than intellegent.