Sign in to follow this  
Spectrum

Have Chuan Will Travel : A Taobums Tour : West Coast

Thank you rain. I left the first winter snap by sailing one way back to kona. On a little of your lubricating wind you sent under my wings. I'm such a haole. I don't have any wheels. I have been hanging out doing fu with my kung fu brother kala. Last night we practiced on the beach. This morning its rope dart in sifus driveway. slept in the car. didn't want to clutter Sifus space and it's so warm outside. I need less sleep here immediately. I left 25deg in PDX it's 75deg @ KOA and 'cold'. I sleep 5 hours and feel fresh in the cool morning air. Kala's life is kung fu. He is going to China in January to train w/ Wudang people. We're crossing paths at a pivotal time. We first met in 2001. He is living life on the island here since he was 17 living in his car. He is rich in my eyes. He has a giving heart and is in love with seeking the path. We have great conversations and in only 12 hours I feel like we've been able to share so much that was already there but just waiting to be joined with the whole. We went and visited a Sensei Curt who is an old judo player turned softer style guy who lives up high on the mt. here. We pushed with him a little. He's a drawling texan with an appreiciation for good movement and a great photographer. Kala's game feels like clouds marveling among peaks. Feels like it's the people around us who fill the space we're looking for in ourselves until we learn to fill it ourselves. I am humbled and blessed. I'm lucky I have survived my attempts at answering my own questions surely it is not us who save ourselves, but meeting on common ground to share personal loves, gifts and interests, in selfless expression we find the who.

Everyone says no jobs here. Sensei Curt is interested in working w/ Honey Bees. I'm drawn towards water purification or treatment. But I need to find a job immediately... I see a couple computer jobs but don't want to approach work from the same angle. The peace sanctuary seems like a good option after doing a 9 month rock & roll war zone. They need a caretaker groundskeeper three days a week in trade for a room. It seems peaceful. I will introduce myself today. Ultimately I need to make money for food... harvesters get paid by the day, coffee pickers, etc... another option, work the mainlander out of me yeah. transportation doesn't matter so much if there is open space to practice nearby. And I'm finding out there is a lot of that here... work exchanges, I'll know more by friday on their livability.

Kala and I are suppose to go visit a Sifu Lee a 60yrold+ teacher who is Phillipino Chinese here on Big Island. He teaches BaGua and XingYi. We went downtown and visited another Yee Chuan practitioner. A lot of shops are closed or closing. No money for tourist junk. I have $77. Rice and Starches stretch a lot further here than that cold place I left behind. No turning back Now. This is Forward Progress. The beach is the same wonder. Beautiful and vast. Colors Rich.

I am nothing. That's the point.

one step at a time. rope dart.

I have a couple weeks to absorb as much as possible from Kala. Sifu is probably laughing under his breath at me, I'm so hungry like a beggar searching for crumbs. Rope dart is amazing. Kala and I are dreaming of being a part of a sustainable organization for traveling practitioners to sustain themselves through teaching and planting schools.

Edited by Spectrum

Thank you rain. I left the first winter snap by sailing one way back to kona. :D On a little of your lubricating wind you sent under my wings. ^_^ I'm such a haole. I don't have any wheels. you americans. :rolleyes: . I have been hanging out doing fu with my kung fu brother kala. Last night we practiced on the beach. ohh..it's good! This morning its rope dart in sifus driveway. slept in the car. didn't want to clutter Sifus space and it's so warm outside. I need less sleep here immediately. I left 25deg in PDX it's 75deg @ KOA and 'cold'. I sleep 5 hours and feel fresh in the cool morning air. Kala's life is kung fu. He is going to China in January to train w/ Wudang people :) . We're crossing paths at a pivotal time. We first met in 2001. He is living life on the island here since he was 17 living in his car. He is rich in my eyes. He has a giving heart and is in love with seeking the path. Then you are too. We have great conversations and in only 12 hours I feel like we've been able to share so much that was already there but just waiting to be joined with the whole. Beautiful. We went and visited a Sensei Curt who is an old judo player turned softer style guy who lives up high on the mt. here. We pushed with him a little. He's a drawling texan with an appreiciation for good movement and a great photographer!!!!. Kala's game feels like clouds marveling among peaks. Feels like it's the people around us who fill the space we're looking for in ourselves until we learn to fill it ourselves. I am humbled and blessed. I'm lucky I have survived my attempts at answering my own questions surely it is not us who save ourselves, but meeting on common ground to share personal loves, gifts and interests, in selfless expression we find the who.

Everyone says no jobs here. Sensei Curt is interested in working w/ Honey Bees. I'm drawn towards water purification or treatment. But I need to find a job immediately... I see a couple computer jobs but don't want to approach work from the same angle. The peace sanctuary seems like a good option after doing a 9 month rock & roll war zone. They need a caretaker groundskeeper three days a week in trade for a room. Perfect! It seems peaceful. I will introduce myself today. Ultimately I need to make money for food... harvesters get paid by the day, coffee pickers, etc... another option, work the mainlander out of me yeah. transportation doesn't matter so much if there is open space to practice nearby. And I'm finding out there is a lot of that here... work exchanges, I'll know more by friday on their livability.

Kala and I are suppose to go visit a Sifu Lee a 60yrold+ teacher who is Phillipino Chinese here on Big Island. He teaches BaGua and XingYi. We went downtown and visited another Yee Chuan practitioner. A lot of shops are closed or closing. No money for tourist junk. I have $77. Rice and Starches stretch a lot further here than that cold place I left behind. No turning back Now. This is Forward Progress. The beach is the same wonder. Beautiful and vast. Colors Rich.

I am nothing. :rolleyes: That's the point. ;)B)

one step at a time. rope dart.

I have a couple weeks to absorb as much as possible from Kala. Sifu is probably laughing under his breath at me, I seriously doubt that. I'm so hungry like a beggar searching for crumbs. Rope dart is amazing. Kala and I are dreaming of being a part of a sustainable organization for traveling practitioners to sustain themselves through teaching and planting schools..........babysteps.. -allright....

ok little big brother. Consider me family. I'll be in the shadows two steps behind.

Edited by rain

My grandmother left the cold wet coast of California for warmer environs of Oahu 40 years ago. She loved the island life. When she passed, Dad scattered her ashes off the lee side of the island. Should you run across her on your wanderings through the islands, please say hi for me. She always considered any friend of mine a friend of hers :)

12.19 Evening

Training w/ Sifu Rick Lee

Sifu Rick is a very kind man. He teaches Bagua, Tai Chi Chuan & Xing Yi. Prompt and to the point. He asked me what I practiced and made the clear impression he had no agendas, just learning and practice. We lined up silently and followed a fluid continuous chi gung warmup for about 10min. Although it was bagua night he invited me to practice the taiji 24 form with him while the other students practiced two person drills. This was so nice. I followed the basic pattern from my 108 practice and noticed a few wonderful subtle differences in the grasp sparrow sequence and singlewhip. After that we practiced applications from the Bagua perspective and Sifu Lee made it very clear the importance to "feel" the whys & hows of each movement in order to make them your own. He is very hands on and demonstrated each application and pointed out the circular movements of bagua giving each application it's power.

Today I travel down south to explore work exchange opportunities.

Edited by Spectrum

Taijiquan lesson w/ Sifu

Stance Feet & Hips: Stepping. Out @ 45 vs. same line.

Multiple applications of grasp sparrows tail.

So much much more than I *thought*.

Raise Hands Shoulder Stroke

White Crane

Eyes

Edited by Spectrum

12.22 I will travel down the south kona coast to Paleaku Peace Sanctuary. They are in need of a caretaker!

After a couple taiji lessons w/ Sifu I have a lot of homework. It seems like it will take me another 10 years, it could take a lifetime. Foundation does not go unnoticed. I'm so glad I have kept practicing. Rather perhaps the practice has been tuning me so my body instruments sound better!

I'm going to live for 5 weeks at Paleaku for my first step here. Doing this without transportation will be a challenge. This is old world living. I can feel the withdrawals from crowds. From the stimulation of live music night after night. It feels good to be breathing fresher air, feeling the ground under my feet. Appreciating the trees and grass again. Noticing variety of fauna. Meeting neighbors. Learning new words. Pronouncing. Playing instruments. Being music. Getting Directions.

Edited by Spectrum

12.22 I will travel down the south kona coast to Paleaku Peace Sanctuary. They are in need of a caretaker!

After a couple taiji lessons w/ Sifu I have a lot of homework. It seems like it will take me another 10 years, it could take a lifetime. Foundation does not go unnoticed. I'm so glad I have kept practicing. Rather perhaps the practice has been tuning me so my body instruments sound better!

I'm going to live for 5 weeks at Paleaku for my first step here. Doing this without transportation will be a challenge. This is old world living. I can feel the withdrawals from crowds. From the stimulation of live music night after night. It feels good to be breathing fresher air, feeling the ground under my feet. Appreciating the trees and grass again. Noticing variety of fauna. Meeting neighbors. Learning new words. Pronouncing. Playing instruments. Being music. Getting Directions.

Sounds healing. Meditative. Good place to sit. And to practise.

They lucky to get you but forgot to tell you;

- no wheels in Paradise. Just wings? :)

Edited by rain

Another lesson w/ Sifu this morning after coffee.

Every time it gets simpler. Not more complex. In demonstrating applications we have not moved past the first movement. It's funny because 3 years ago we spent time on the first 3 movements, knowing if I could get those right the rest of the form would be transformed. This was hard to wrap my mind around then... this time it's the first move... mind boggling.

I leave for Paleaku tonight. I'll be keeping a journal by hand (no technology w/ me) and transcribing to my blog. I'll be learning my duties this week and focusing on getting into a work flow while making natural connections w/ others.

As a Apprentice my homework in paradise solace is practicing my updated taijiquan form, sound medicine and lotus hands everyday.

Edited by Spectrum

Every time it gets simpler. Not more complex...... This was hard to wrap my mind around then... this time it's the first move... mind boggling.

Cool stuff

BTT

I have just returned mainland side from spending almost a month w/ my sei gung. I aspired breaking out @ 14. The stary sky spent under the eves of my father and grandfathers footsteps in eastern oregon. They were looking for game. I was seeking the source within without. fair game i thought. creative and destructive endeavor remaining a mystery I sought without within nothing. This state of standing poetry led me to question the source it flowed from. Dandy handies found the commies and computers had rules that could be broken. Adventures of imagination transform to imaginative adventures. Underwire trail sense turned story between the seams of 5o3 and LoD. Walking the wire east to west, redirecting controllers north south, pole surfing alliances of mindz webbing between tapping button ionically archiac fashion styling waves of unseen impulses wrapping through the fabric of the commotional wheels turning through emotions. Focus blurry refocus. On/Off Off/On Binary bits meaning nothing without zero. A whole lot of nothing and something is going on off on off on on off off off on on on what again? copper hair? twined lines of precious metal? fragile seems we dwell between.

Electrons slipping between the woven fabric we breath across, bit bots bother to bounce the thrumming rhythms of meaning our minds calculate the words our our HOur hearts tell time. Friends feelers put me in positions to test time with substances. After these kinesthetically awakening experiences in my late teens my focus of attention shifted quickly to martial art and biofeedback. Time stopped. I Remained.

So w3hen our paths crossed with other psychonauts the inner whorld batted it's eyelashes in my face. I love waking up to eyelashes. Weaving baskets of flowers through blinked gleems. This that and another. What is it it seems. Lofty Love Feeds Fire Awakened. Remembering the future bringers saviory flavors.

Who what when where why? These are all the questions of human history. This is what makes us human. On the edge of time we bridge the expanse between heaven and earth. What when where why? Human doing this and that between beams sunning edges of the yet to be entirely told drama of planet earth. When where why? Tyme dying rhymes story like mimes imprints of survival transmitting in-smithed reigns of lightning flight, lightening might, light light light end. where why wearing the clothe of inner movements meeting spaces between percieved and felt. why only comes. after where when what and who. the cliche of human paradoxes. who we are why we are where we are when what why we are, nothing and everything between 0 and 1. We are. rrr. arrrhhhhh. divine animals. why where when what who. who... hoooooooo......

The face to face commentary I experienced in the time it took to surf the spooks hooked me into a line of dialog i fear lost or diluted. less I continue taking steps towards completing what has been started. The physical and non-perceptive continue to allign honest to goodnees doorways hallways gateways byway highways skyways. Traveling ways now allways a calling causeway. Roosts returns trees featured fancie feasts host to cats and dogs alike.

Animal walks animal talks. Monkey minds needing to feel a pulse repulsed by self awareness leys. ZThis is beyond me. It's within everyone. I can not hope to learn from my own understanding as when I "let go" of analytical mindfulness the world behind the blinders of internal dialog (a mental holding pattern) melt into a scenic interplay of singularities pulsating in dynamic drama emanating story by story into a choral monologue of simultaneous human descent and ascent. Reefs of bones, ceilings of glass. We stand atop the shoulders of giants preceding our own steps own stepping oooowwwwwwwlllnnngs howlings at the moon. The turning tides twilight rhymes with times unprecedented in human endeavor. from birth to grave. i melt through this I live through this I am lifted by sinking through this. I am moved through this. Thank you sweet Myna Birds. To fly and roost like you. Sweet coos flow sweetening sighed sobs through the movement music of natures rhythmic poems, songs of the soul. I am moved. I am moving. I can move anywhere. Freedoms songs.

May be eye escapaded the hallway. even if for a moment the net perspective shlifted minds eyes tinted kay come see saw The mind decay net wth in Loops of intentional meaninglessness. The momento marathon obstiCle course on groundhogs day. gifted ones. The oasis is above the sinkhole. be it free. free it be. be it be. bye bye me my i sigh that sighn. That I that write this that and that despises the eye that sees these wholes. Because of words symbols and language. They layered liasons with fate. The elusively obviouslly knot myne. Yet the duaisms I adhear to even to write legibly the eve of my next journey is a dim perepheri to the singule consciousness. There are peaks and there are troughs, surfing a tube of many continued curves produces a variety of sensory experiences that are parrallelly unrelated to the sense itself. Synthenasias soft curves. Lady daisies chained in crazie mazes. wringing wroths bought on the back of lamps lighting the way states paved a way a thin slim road if I say it may go away today, yet yesterday stays the same and today all stark contrasts meet in the middle of the sameness really reaveled unreeled raveling wheels of a turning world we are standing upon. Feel. Listen. Taste. Smell. See. Senses. Anywhere in Hours.

Edited by Spectrum

Darin,

Yes and no. I am enroute to las vegas to meet up with my first teacher after training w/ seigung for a month. While passing through I returned to my old place of work and was very promptly sick. not like a normal sick either, but like a deep gut churning groan kinda sick.... when I left I felt back to normal. Then I wrote the above prose to just work things out. That's my mind at work. Then when I returned to a good friends work for free food, another kind of 'pit' I have been sick for 2 days. On A LIGHTER note I relieved my moms shoulder pain in about 2 minutes and it's been bugging her for a month.

So important points for me to remember:

1. yes energy vortexes are real - there are natural and there are man made

2. pay heed to the human consciousness interacting with these fields - humans create a strong fingerprint in the field

3. awareness is undeniably joined with responsibility

4. you are what you eat

Edited by Spectrum

Here is a video of my little brother performing Gim who left for China to train Wudang whom I had the honor of learning some beggining principles of rope dart from...

zhAzUDQHo18

"Warriors who wished to become proficient in a number of styles would often be granted permission by their lords to travel the length and breadth of Japan, seeking instrucution from the masters of major schools..." Secrets of the Samurai pg 296

My journey will now take me down the west coast through L.A. and then Eastward... as far as I continue to be prompted to take these steps towards .. .. ..

"The tiger is the mightiest but it is the chameleon who endures"

Went dancing again last night while in a metro area that has clubs. The Crystal Ballrooms birthday bash. Non-scene crowd. Ok until creepo showed his slither, totally killed it. He left after no more feeding and i silently pressured him, then i had the whole floor to myself for 20 minutes...

Edited by Spectrum

Secret Circus Travel Circuits

www.thetaobums.com video tour? rout e

Need taobum connections to complete the circus.

Edited by Spectrum

btt

West Coast Bums I'm traveling down 101 before I head inland in the next week.

My forte is Yi Quan (Yee Chuan). I practice the classical yang 108, a wei dan/neidan chigung set, and the all aspects of kung fu as it applies to self defense and form work. Current weapons I am working are a Fan Set, RopeDart/ChainWhip, and ... a few other things. ;o)

Spectrum/Dave

Erik, I'm heading towards Vegas where my first teacher is. Dreaming of Sedona as I've never had the honor.

Phoenix? After the last few years on dialog, why not? I have my teapot with me.

I'll be needing to stop in Vegas to replentish my funds w/ work. If you have leads in Phoenix I will gladly inquire.

I am nothing. That's the point.

one step at a time.

That's the point, yes.

nice

Was going out to find another floor. Decided I needed to process the lactics from previous day instead. Got drunk after trying a triple orange liquer. Ate all kinds of junk food. drempt about rope loopings. woke hands cold warmed upo w. progressive chaining of 2 tricks. l/r basics. 8's. bird bends branch.

Overall not a bad slide into home. Fall forward not backwards. Heaviness is the opposite of lightness, riding it on my own, still feels different then before, more lightness than heaviness. Even the yin/yang survaces of my vehicle feel different after this last encounter with teacher.

Prepared a curry rice w/ a coconut pineapple taragon corriander chicken for my hosts last night. She seemed impressed sharing these culinary ideas. I was impressed with the Spice selection!!! Ate and Ate and Ate. After living off nothing the last year it seems I can force myself to absorb a LOT of food in a cold environment when I'm consistantly active.

Taking in some Harry Potter movies I missed in the last few years. Sprinking in rope dart videos through out the day. 3 major tricks, 3 transitions, basics, l/r switches, loop and bundle questions... reflecting. Orange Blossom Tea.

I feel Kala in China asking a question or wondering something. We might want to help support him soon, he'll have access to grass roots imports that will be superior. He speaks Chinese. I spoke w/ him before he left and he is very adept at identifying quality training tools. Just thoughts.

Eric is in Pheonix, this enables me to take some safe steps beyond Vegas which I had no plan for before. Perhaps this could continue to happen all the way to connecticut where #1 brother is.

Love binds us all together. More later.

Boulder seems rushed. Spoke w/ Cam this morning to set expectations.

Adventure will probably take me down 101 through N. Cali and to L.A. to meet up w/ Trunk, perhaps we can visit Bing together.

Looking at Phoenix after I reach Vegas. Perhaps my first teacher will accompany. After that, Eric and Cam are down Phoenix direction, looking forward to doing Sedona for the first time, or being done, whichever.

Sign in to follow this