Truthbound

New kid on the TAO

Hey everybody, Just poppin in to say HI and introduce myself. I've been looking for a community of fellow Tao lovers to hang with!

Not too many people in my circles have even heard of the TAO or anything about it. So I'm glad to have stumbled on this sight.

A nutshell history on me starts like this:

- Grew up in the midwest US (Oklahoma)

- Married my High school sweet heart (still married to her)

- Midlife moved to Colorado (nature lover!)

- Met some Christians who shared the gospel, feverishly did the born again thing to a pastoral boiling point

- went through three year religious/faith crisis, where deep intense study of different religions, philosophies and mythologies ensued.

- Became attracted to Buddhist & Hindu literature along with Asian cultural studies, which opened the door to an incidental reading of the Tao-Te-Ching.

My first reading of it was an experience like receiving a breath of fresh spearmint while having warm oils poured over my forehead! I knew I had finally come home. It was like a glove custom made for my being. I bought that first copy and have read it over & over. It's depth and companionship has never ceased to amaze me!

I recently finished reading "Tales from the Tao: The Wisdom of the Taoist Masters (Eternal Moments)

by Solala Towler " and " Relax, You're Already Home: Everyday Taoist Habits for a Richer Life

by Raymond Barnett. Both are very good books!

I've also read:

-The Tao of Pooh by Benjamin Hoff

- Simple Taoism: A Guide to Living in Balance by C. Alexander Simpkins and Annellen Simpkins

-The Tao of Inner Peace by Diane Dreher

- Several Books by Alan Watts that introduce Taoist philosophies.

If you have any suggestions on good books, I'm all ears! I love to read.

I'm a nature nut and have found an even deeper connection with this love through walking meditation. I truly enjoy inviting my kids into this awareness of the miracle!

That's about all I know to say right now. I'm just excited to get to meet some of you and hear your journeys

Namaste!

Welcome indeed Truthbound, find a seat ... though you may prefer to hang out on the verandah ... nice view of the stream. How do you like your tea?

:D

Thanks guys, I appreciate the reply's!

Stigweard,

Welcome indeed Truthbound, find a seat ... though you may prefer to hang out on the verandah ... nice view of the stream. How do you like your tea?

:D

I prefer the purity of a warm green revealing a hint of earth hidden within!

Thanks for asking! .....and the stream is just perfect for streaming :)