Sign in to follow this  
Yoda

notes

I was re-reading Trunk's Fab4 material and I realized why my standing practice has slacked off a bit--I've been keeping my hands relaxed in wuji and I haven't been opening them slightly. Much better. Trunk, don't rule out pistols!! They are a great exercise and a huge ego rush too. I just worked on airbornes (just kneel like kwanyin is knighting you and eventually don't touch the non-working leg to the ground until the lowest point just a couple reps, 10 seconds a day) for about a year and you'll have it. There are a lot of studly fighters and powerlifters who can't do it.

I've still been grooving on wuji chikung been doing it for over a month approx 5-6x a day. Doing the routine in your imagination sets up the very same chi flow. I haven't tried this with other moving forms, but that's a very interesting effect. I can notice where my sticking points are when I do it in my mind.

Bought an electric tea kettle to put next to my computer with some ginger powder to add to my tea or coffee. Very nice.

Also I just talked to Jack Johnson, founder of the Key Sound Technique on multiples.com. His take on ejaculation control was interesting. His whole focus is on making heartgasms easier to attain, making them available to people of average abilities and motivation levels. He found Chia type methods to be way too difficult. He also says, like Winn does, that singleminded focus on elimination of ejaculation control can be a bum steer especially for beginning practitioners. He says that the focus should be on transmuting the energy. That the better one gets at transmuting the energy at first gently and then eventually in huge catatonic, half day long heartgasms (still working on that!) one naturally looses desire for ejaculation based experiences. I'm working on making this practice part of my daily routine. I've had a couple of glimpses of what a heartgasm is and am definitely interested in pursuing this angle. My problem with what Jack said is that all of my heartgasm type experiences have occured when I have been at 30 days of active retention or longer and none less than that. So I do think the retention aspect is important even for the beginner.

-Yoda :twisted:

Yoda,

I was re-reading Trunk's <A href=http://www.precisiondocs.com/~altaoism/FabFour.htm>Fab4</A> material and I realized why my standing practice has slacked off a bit--I've been keeping my hands relaxed in wuji and I haven't been opening them slightly.  Much better.

Way to go. The tendon-changing material really helps get the H~E flow through certain layers of tissues. Glad you hooked onto it.

Trunk, don't rule out pistols!!  They are a great exercise and a huge ego rush too.  I just worked on airbornes (just kneel like kwanyin is knighting you and eventually don't touch the non-working leg to the ground until the lowest point just a couple reps, 10 seconds a day) for about a year and you'll have it.

Thanks. I think it'd be a fun thing for me to work on, and i appreciate your tips - as i'm a real newbie to pistols. I did put a reference to them at the bottom of <A href=http://www.precisiondocs.com/~altaoism/IS2TendonChanging.htm#Squats>squats</A> section, btw, as i think they've gotta be good for people who are ready for them. (But too intense for me to include directly on my site.)

Trunk

p.s.

Updated the <A href=http://www.precisiondocs.com/~altaoism/download.htm>download version</A> of my site.

(First time trying html & quotes messin' around - hope it turns out. :bounce: )

Yoda,

I was re-reading Trunk's Fab4 material and I realized why my standing practice has slacked off a bit--I've been keeping my hands relaxed in wuji and I haven't been opening them slightly. Much better.

Way to go. The tendon-changing material really helps get the H~E flow through certain layers of tissues. Glad you hooked onto it.

Trunk, don't rule out pistols!! They are a great exercise and a huge ego rush too. I just worked on airbornes (just kneel like kwanyin is knighting you and eventually don't touch the non-working leg to the ground until the lowest point just a couple reps, 10 seconds a day) for about a year and you'll have it.

Thanks. I think it'd be a fun thing for me to work on, and i appreciate your tips - as i'm a real newbie to pistols. I did put a reference to them at the bottom of squats section, btw, as i think they've gotta be good for people who are ready for them. (But too intense for me to include directly on my site.)

Trunk

p.s.

Updated the download version of my site.

Thanks, RJ, for the html correction.

it only took me a couple of months to get the one arm pushup, but it took me over a year to get a halfway decent pistol.

Once you get comfortable with the basic airborne, start doing them while standing on a stool or chair and just keep going lower with them until their groove is essentially that of a pistol.

I know you aren't a huge fan of it, but creatine can give you temporary strength to learn the groove. Creatine seems to be equal to 60+ days of good strength training, which helps you learn the groove/neural strength of a task then you can get off it and the neural strength stays with you and develops as the muscle strength notches down. I learned that trick from dragondoor!

The only reference I've seen to pistols is Jwing-Ming Yang's Qigong for Health and Martial arts. Child Worships The Buddha. Cool name, but he only describes the exercise and not any benefits/meridians/etc. If you have seen it described from any other eastern sources, let me know.

-Yoda

Sign in to follow this