Sign in to follow this  
dragonfire

Reincarnation

How does reincarnation actually work after death?

Once the body dies and the spirit is released, if it doesn't go back to the sources (god), it

said it becomes a ghost that is lost creating its own heaven and hell.

From here, where does the actual reincarnation actually take place?

Does the ghost wander for a while? How long before it re-enters another

human fetus?

I have learned that, in an undeveloped person, it is the lower Po spirits that become a ghost whilst the higher Hun spirits reenter the subtle realms for their next evolutionary cycle. In an achieved person who has 'raised' up or sublimated their Po spirits to integrate with their Hun then, as a unified being, they can exit the reincarnation cycle as an immortal spiritual being, a Shien.

Edited by Stigweard

I have learned that, in an undeveloped person, it is the lower Po spirits that become a ghost whilst the higher Hun spirits reenter the subtle realms for their next evolutionary cycle. In an achieved person who has 'raised' up or sublimated their Po spirits to integrate with their Hun then, as a unified being, they can exit the reincarnation cycle as an immortal spiritual being, a Shien.

Stigweard,

You are using plural for spirit(s). Are you saying there are more than one Po spirit and more than one Hun spirit? or is that a typo. Just one Po Spirit and one Hun Spirit.

I always thought there was one spirit body/Mind (shen) after death. If one has yang, then one becomes

immortal while the others with Yin become ghosts. The ghosts wander and re-incarnate?

According to Chinese Medical Texts:

Ethereal Soul (Hun) refers to Liver

Corporeal Soul (Po) refers to Lungs

Spirit (Shen) = Ethereal Soul + Corporeal Soul + Intellect (Yi) + Will-Power (Zhi)

Stigweard,

You are using plural for spirit(s). Are you saying there are more than one Po spirit and more than one Hun spirit? or is that a typo. Just one Po Spirit and one Hun Spirit.

I always thought there was one spirit body/Mind (shen) after death. If one has yang, then one becomes

immortal while the others with Yin become ghosts. The ghosts wander and re-incarnate?

According to Chinese Medical Texts:

Ethereal Soul (Hun) refers to Liver

Corporeal Soul (Po) refers to Lungs

Spirit (Shen) = Ethereal Soul + Corporeal Soul + Intellect (Yi) + Will-Power (Zhi)

:) No typo ... we have 7 lower Po or animal spirits and 3 higher Hun or heavenly spirits.

I can only relate here what I have learned, I am certainly no immortal sage, and my direct experience in this area is limited.

If we identify only with the lower urges and motivations we are ruled by the Po spirits, thus becoming more Yin using your terminology. If we cultivate properly we return the reigns of our life back to the Hun spirits and thus become more Yang.

If the immortal practice has not been undertaken the Hun and Po dissapate at death with the Po spirits descending into the earth. If the Po spirits were overly charged through discordant indulgences then a 'wandering ghost' can be formed.

Through excessiveness someone can even become a wandering ghost before they die. With immersion in negativity the Hun spirits can flee from the person leaving only the shell behind. I am sure we have all encountered such 'living dead'.

How does reincarnation actually work after death?

Once the body dies and the spirit is released, if it doesn't go back to the sources (god), it

said it becomes a ghost that is lost creating its own heaven and hell.

From here, where does the actual reincarnation actually take place?

Does the ghost wander for a while? How long before it re-enters another

human fetus?

Reincarnation is a natural extension/result of Karma. In order to effectively perpetuate the Wheel of Karma, sentient beings have to re-incarnate.

You may want to read this book: Destiny of Souls by Michael Newton, PH.D.

New case studies of life between life

Read it a long time ago and it was the first book I have read that corresponded with my own experiences in many ways. The author simply lays out his case studies made over a long period of time.

Most people, after they have practiced qigong for a long period of time, remember past lives. Others, such as young children, have been found to remember other lives. My experience has been that we are immortal beings who rent this body for a short period of time. If we, through time (usually many, many lives) and effort develop to a certain level, we eventually have a choice of returning here in order to help others, or to go on to a higher level of development.

The subject of past lives is a bit confusing for me. I've met people who've met people who've read their past lives, but I can't seem to take it too seriously when someone ELSE is explaining someones past lives. I mean for all I know they could be imagining it. It seems like a very personal journey and one that oneself can only trust.

One thing I did find interesting in Strassman's Spirit Molecule is that in Buddhist teachings, the soul is supposed to enter the body 49 days after conception. Similarly, the pineal gland begins to form exactly 49 days after conception.

Edited by hyok

As dwai rightly said, reincarnation works as part of karma. If you haven't cleared your karmic debt before you die, you shall be born again somewhere else - another realm, another time... really depends on what you're willing to believe in.

Personally speaking I have pre-birth memories. Nothing fanciful about it, I remember them as I remember yesterday. Modern psychologists might disagree, but hey they're brought up in a world of science based on certain puritanical Christian beliefs.

Before people ask about my past lives, all I remember was dying. An elderly lady who was very lonely. I remember certain 'realms' more vividly and I remember the sheer pull of sorrow for humanities suffering which brought me back. I'm being watched by certain guides and spirits, and have been since I was born.

How it works? Well, Gnostics believe that after you die you are judged on karma, kundalini and the number of human incarnations you've had. 108 turns and your out - back to the lower realms. Do I believe it? I just keep an open mind.

Am a Buddhist at heart... there is no immortality. Life after death is possible, but it's by no means permanent. Our souls are called upon when needed.

Yours,

James

Edited by .broken.

bump

Am a Buddhist at heart...

Our souls are called upon when needed.

Maybe, but that's not Buddhist for sure.

Sign in to follow this