Sign in to follow this  
thelerner

Uncommon sense in the martial arts

I certainly spent most of my martial art carreer in an unusally mellow Ki-Aikido setting. But here are some things I learned from my sensei who tended to hang out a bars and made a study of bar fights.

#1> Whether you withdraw(best), win (2nd best) or lose (:<( , don't do a Columbo. Don't have ONE LAST THING to say. No moralizing, no angry or soothing words. Just get the hell out of there.

Winners turn into losers, withdrawers turn into losers, and losers get pulped by saying that one last comment.

Last week, someone got into this trap. When Winn said just post once a day or you'll be knocked off the HT board. They seemed to agree, but couldn't help saying, 'Well Mikey I agree'. Bad move. Just agree. Unless you're an elder Uncle talking to a 5 year old don't call a Michael, Mikey.

So close to mutual peace, then the Columbo, then Flush #4.

Peace

Michael

Last week, someone got into this trap.  When Winn said just post once a day or you'll be knocked off the HT board.  They seemed to agree, but couldn't help saying,  'Well Mikey I agree'.  Bad move.  Just agree.  Unless you're an elder Uncle talking to a 5 year old don't call a Michael, Mikey. 

So close to mutual peace, then the Columbo, then Flush #4. 

Peace

Michael

6411[/snapback]

wow! I have not checked out the HT board yet as its format is too scatter brained for me to even make time for..... but now after hearing that you can post only once a day I certainly will not check it out.

I feel an oppressive feeling just reading your post here.... It makes me very happy to belong to more civilized and free sites such as this one.

Now I could see if I posted a mass amount of nonsense here why sean might pm me and say, "hey just post relevant materials here" and I would think if I listened to his pm that it would cut most if not all of my posts.... and I can see why I would get booted if I continued to post tons of nonsense..... but if you post relevant posts why sould you be limited to only one a day..... can you have roll over posts from days you didn't post?

What an odd condition to impose on a message board.

wow!  I have not checked out the HT board yet as its format is too scatter brained for me to even make time for..... but now after hearing that you can post only once a day I certainly will not check it out.

6460[/snapback]

"One post a day" is not a general condition for posting on HT - it was a special condition for someone who was posting a lot of different things that IMO could be charitably characterized as less than on topic. These were not relevant posts.

The HT board is a mixed bag but there are enough pearls there that I find it useful to pry open the oysters.

Charlie

Sign in to follow this